- Senior Database/Middleware Engineer and IT Professional with 15 years of total experience including 11 years of Oracle database administration and Oracle Fusion Middleware administration.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, certified April 2010.
- Subject matter expert in Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite (OAM, OIM, IDM, OID), Oracle Fusion Middleware including Oracle Application Server 10g (Forms, Reports, Discoverer, OID, SSO) and WebLogic Server 11g and 12c.
- Subject matter expert in Apache HTTP Server 2 and Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) 10g, 11g, and 12c.
- Authority in Air Force PKI specific to integration with Oracle Single Sign On 10g and Oracle Identity Access and Management 11g.
- Adept in database administration for standalone, RAC and Data Guard databases.
- Solid understanding of Linux, Solaris, Windows operating systems and ESXi.
- Reviewer of new technology or major release versions and their impacts to existing data center operations, Information Assurance controls, and overall application flow.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to communicate orally and in writing to plan, coordinate and advise on work efforts and to resolve issues with a variety of customers.
Tools: /Applications: Oracle RDBMS, SQL*Plus, SQL Loader, Oracle Export/Import utilities, OEM, Grid Control, RMAN, RAC, ASM, Data Guard, Data Pump, Flashback, WLST, Traffic Script, TOAD, Oracle Application Server, Oracle Forms/Reports, Discoverer, Single Sign On, Oracle Internet Directory, WebLogic Server, Oracle HTTP Server, Apache HTTP Server, WebSphere MQ (MQSeries), JAVA/J2EE, Flex/Flash, HTML, AJAX, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), WebCenter/Portal, Stingray Traffic Manager, Business Intelligence, PKI, LDAP
Operating Sys/Envs: HP UNIX, Solaris 8, Windows NT/ 2000/2003/2008 , Red Hat Linux 4/5/6, ESX/VMWare
Sr. Oracle Database/Middleware Architect
- Responsible for support of all Oracle database servers, application servers, WebSphere MQ servers, Stingray Traffic Managers within the Hill Enterprise Data Center, HEDC.
- Install upgrades and patches to Oracle databases, infrastructure, iAS, Fusion Middleware software.
- Installed and configured 11gR2 Grid Infrastructure 3 - node clusters.
- Lead the database engineers in the Oracle RAC and Oracle middleware architecture design, installation and configuration.
- Deployed Oracle Identity Access Management 11gR2 supporting 800,000 users across the Air Force.
- Integrated Air Force PKI, Stringray Traffic Managers and Oracle Identity and Access Management into a seamless Single Sign On solution.
- Developed full automation of the start and stop scripts for all Oracle Fusion Middleware software.
- Proficiency in WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) for the automation and management of managed servers and applications.
- JAVA, BASH, PERL, and C++ scripting, supporting the automation and simplification of tasks for the engineering and operations staff.
- Architected and deployed Oracle SOA and ESB for the data center.
- Subject matter expert on application integration into data center hosting environment.
- Originator, architect and author of a premier database utility that manages an entire data center’s database links, SSL certificates, user passwords, service accounts and IPs. This utility provides the engineering staff full management of over 100 databases, 20000 users, 1000 database links, and hundreds of SSL certificates.
- Sought out to create the Occupational Health Application for Hill AFB. Application manages occupational injuries and illness for personnel working at Hill AFB.
- Manage integration and consolidation teams, supporting migration of applications and systems into a consolidated often virtualized environment.
- Information Assurance Management and Information Security architect.
- Headed architectural designs, addressing IA concerns for the data center DMZ.
- Secret Clearance since 2002.
Confidential, Hill AFB, UT
Sr. Software Engineer
- Mentored and provided technical expertise in developing software for the maintenance directorate and IT directorate.
- Lead technical review boards and code reviews.
- Deployed Oracle Discoverer 10g and trained “power” users on capabilities of ad-hoc environment.
- Deployed Oracle Application Server 10g SSO/OID with full integration with Air Force Material Command Domain Controllers.
- Collaborated with vendors (Microsoft and Oracle) to diagnose and fix software for the LDAP Synchronization with Air Force Active Directory in a non-standard AD Farm.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to co-workers that have less technical experience.
Confidential, Clearfield, UT
Software Engineer II
- Forms and Reports 6 lead developer.
- Normalization in database design, ensuring that all developers follow database standards and naming conventions.
- Database PL/SQL expert, lead and mentor.
- JAVA team lead, planning and preparation to re-write application from Oracle Forms to J2EE and HTML.
- Provided and reviewed all database scripts to support application upgrades.
- Technical expert on Forms design and development for efficiency within the application.
Confidential, Hill AFB, UT
- Team lead and mentor in reengineering a complex computer system, G005M, for the government.
- Planning and carrying out work, coordinating with project leaders, resolving problems that occurred, and understanding and teaching co-workers database principles and how to use 3GL and 4GL tools.
- Designing and coding several stored procedures, several of which required dynamic SQL.
- Tuning and optimizing stored procedures and the database.
- Served as a DBA in making database design and development decisions.
- In-depth understanding of database principles in a Data Depot/Data Warehouse area that is evolving rapidly and database standards/practices are undergoing extensive modernization activities within AFMC.