- Hard working professional with over 6 years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator, in both large - scale production environments across multiple platforms.
- Experienced with OLTP and OLAP, increasing database performance and availability, ensuring database security and integrity.
- Excels at migrating databases, Oracle to PostgreSQL in AWS cloud and configuring databases for HA and scalability and utilizing Goldengate for replication.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented with great interpersonal skills.
- Expert multitasker and an excellent interpersonal communicator.
- 6 years skillful experience with database tools such as SQL Developer, Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA), Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Data-Pump, SQL*Plus, SQL-LOADER, RMAN, Exp/Imp, DBUA, AWR, ADDM, TOAD, TKPROF and many others.
- In depth comprehension of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 6 years’ experience certified oracle database administrator possessing excellent skills in performance tuning, software installations, upgrades, configuration, backup and recovery, space management, production support, cloning, database security, scripting and data modeling within 10g, 11g and 12c and 18c versions of Oracle databases running on Linux RedHat, Windows and AIX operating systems platforms.
- Long term enhanced experience in configuring technologies like Data-Guard, Golden-Gate, Real Application Cluster and Migrating Databases into different platforms to AWS Cloud
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, HP, Sun Solaris, Exadata
RDBMS: Oracle (10g, 11g, 12c, 18c), Sql server, DB2 and postgresql
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL.
Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, and ADDM, Toad, Putty, WinSCP
Database Utilities: SQL*Plus, Oracle Enterprise Manager, RMAN, ASMTransportable Tablespaces, SQL*Loader, RMAN, Data PumpExport, Import, Lugdump, Keycols, Foglight monitoring tool.
Applications Supported: Oracle J.D Edwards (9.0 & 9.2) & EBS 12
Confidential - Providence, RI
Oracle Database Administrator
- Installed, configured, and tuned Oracle 12c, 11g, and 10g on Red Hat operating system
- Upgraded Oracle 10g (10.2) to Oracle 11g(11.2), 11.3, 12c, and RAC and standalone databases from 11g to 12c to improve performance
- Monitored system resources to understand and troubleshoot database issues in production environments
- Used transportable tablespaces (TTS) and Datapump export/import to migrate databases, performed database refreshes and RMAN cloning between 10g/11g and 12c environments
- Performed database cloning and refreshing of pre-prod/dev databases with prod/pre-prod databases
- Administered and managed large numbers of databases and enterprises wide targets through skillful installation and configuration of EM central grid control (OEM Grid)
- Used OEM Grid to manage users, privileges, profiles, and schemas
- Collaborated with project teams to ensure appropriate database modifications for business applications and requirements
- Performed database performance tuning, availability, backups, and ensured database integrity and security
- Supported production, development, tests, and staging of databases on Linux/Unix, Windows, and AIX systems
- Maintained RAC database for high availability and scalability
- Skillfully migrated databases from non-ASM to ASM and non-RAC to RAC
- Used ASM configuration assistant (ASMCA) to administer ASM disk groups for mirroring and compatibility
- Implemented table partitioning, rebuilt indexes, tuned SQL using TKPROF, Explain Plan, AWR, ADDM, ASH while optimizing SQL queries and stored procedures
- Used Oracle support to manage alerts, notifications, and jobs, and solve ORA errors and bug issues
- Implemented Dataguard to create logical and physical standby 11g and 12c databases for production and for disaster recovery, and fixed gap resolution in Dataguard
- Implemented primary and standby database switchovers related to planned maintenance
- Installed Goldengate on Red Hat, setup table level, and DDL replication
- Used RMAN tool, database flashback using GRP, and Export/Import for restoring specific objects
- Used Crontab to automate nightly RMAN backups for production and test databases
- Diagnosed and repaired physical and logical block corruptions
- Created, configured, and managed Rman catalog databases and registered target databases with catalog
- Good knowledge of ServiceNow for daily ticket management
Confidential - AR
Oracle Database Administrator
- Perform Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) apps DBA duties as assigned including code migrations, patching, cloning, backup and recovery and installation of Oracle COTS software.
- Supported applications running on EBS 12 for HR, Logistics, finance etc.
- Used Explain Plan and TKPROF analyze and tune databases to identify issues such as response delay, locking contention, and sever downtime
- Installed 11gR2 RAC and performed disk and disk group management in ASM
- Used OCR and Voting Disks to monitor health checks and troubleshoot issues in RAC environment
- Ensured secure and efficient operation of database systems
- Managed databases through planning, testing, implementation, and support stages
- Resolved tickets for multiple environments, performed development support, and coordinated with development on application tuning
- Completed database performance tuning, AWR reports automation, production copy stress test for scalability, and resolved production performance issues
- Implemented Dataguard on 11g with high availability and performance configurations and aided in Dataguard failover tests
- Used OEM Grid control to monitor databases of varying terabyte sizes
- Provided 24/7 production and development database support and administration
- Performed periodic performance tuning utilizing AWR, ADDM, and Explain Plan
- Improved performance by implementing Data-pump and export/import utility to reorganize databases, schemas, and tables
- Utilized import/export utilities to clone/migrate small databases and Data-pump import/export to migrate between 10g and 11g, 12c, 18c, 19c environments.
- Designed user management for grants, privileges, roles, and profiles
- Collaborated with project managers, programmers, and testers to ensure integrity and security of databases
- Tested database consistency against existing databases and generated test data to meet functionalities requirement.