- Experienced IT Professional with 8+years Database Administration experience with Couchbase, MongoDB and Oracle database technologies and 4 years hands on with couchbase and MongoDB Administration comprising of Oracle 12c &11g Installation and configuration on Linux & Windows Platform.
- Experienced with building huge clusters on premise and on AWS cloud, hands with XDCR (cross data center migration.
- 24 x 7 Production support - on-site & remotely working on couchbase MongoDB and AWS.
- Couchbase and MongoDB Database: Installation & Configuration couchbase 6.0.4 with Installation, configuring and monitoring couchbase cluster, 90 nodes 3 DC’s.
- Oracle Database: Installation & Configuration: Oracle 12c/11g Installation for RAC and single node Installation. Patches installation & DB upgrade, Migration 11g to 12c.
- Backup & Restore: Implemented robust hot backup strategies using Oracle’s RMAN technology, Logical backup using ‘export’ and recovered using ‘import’ features for object level recovery. Flashback of databases using (guaranteed) restore point. Backup & restore using datapump.
- Disaster Recovery & High Availability: Implemented DR Solution using Oracle ‘Data Guard’ did planned switch-over while setting up DR solution for Production boxes and Maintenance.
- Performance Tuning: Detecting and diagnosing production system performance problem by Analyzing Oracle trace file, analyzing SQL statements, querying Oracle dynamic data dictionary views; pin plans, SQL statement tuning for OLTP & data warehouse using TKPROF, SQL Trace and EXPLAIN PLAN tools. Generating & Analyzing AWR & ADDM reports. Enhance performance by Table partitioning for large tables.
Platforms: Linux (Red Hart Enterprise Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux)Sun Solaris 9, 10, AIX 5.x, Windows XP, Windows 7, HP-UX
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting, C, N1QL, PromQL
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, 12c, Couchbase 2.x.x to 6.0.1, MongoDB 2.x to 4.2.x
Tools: Golden Gate, EXP/IMP, EXPDP/IMPDP(DATA PUMP), RMAN, SQL Loader, SQL Developer, Toad, OEM, DBCA, DBUA, CBbackup, CBrestore, Mongo Dump and Mongo Restore
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, Statspack, Sql Trace, Explain Plan, AWR, ADDM, ASH, SQL Tuning Advisors
Confidential, Houston, Tx
- Spinning nosql (couchbase database) clusters
- Providing security, creating access to users
- Crating and configuring couchbase clusters on cloud using amazon cloud formation scripts
- Installing SSL certificates, providing secure access from application sdk
- Performed live cross data center migration between couchbase clusters in different data centers
- Worked on setting up couchbase DR2.0 project in two different data centers
- Creating and configuration of primary secondary secondary (PSS)architecture MongoDB replica set
- Worked on setting disaster recovery environment for MongoDB replica sets
- Knowledge on Amazon Document DB and Dynamo DB
- Granted users access on Amazon Document DB and helped application users to connect document DB from third party tools like Mongo compass, Robo3t and Studio 3t.
- Install, monitor and upgrade NoSQL (Couchbase and MongoDB)Databases on all environments (DEV, QA, STAGE and PROD).
- Expertise in setting upMongoDBclusters inAzure and AWScloud Environments.
- Configuring SSL certificates(Security) toMongo and couchbase Clusters. Creating Users and User defined roles inMongoDatabase.
- Working and fixing issues related to DBA. Working on MongoDB Ops Manager configuration.
- Integrate Active Directory to Ops Manager.
- Installation ofNoSQL MongoDBon physical machines, Virtual machines as well asAWS
- Setting up MongoDB clusters for Automation, monitoring, backup & restore through Ops Manager.
- Providing knowledge transfer to other teams onMongoDBtechnology & tools. Help other teams in troubleshooting and fixingMongoDBissues.
- Couchbase cluster Tuning and Configuration. Operationalization and Runbook Creation. Review & Provide Subject Matter Expertise during the course of the project kickoff.
- Enabled SSL, PEMKeyFile, CAFile and coordinated withDevopsteam and Linux Admins regards to Root Certificate.
- Assist with N1QL tuning.
- Manual Backups and Restore are done using Mongodump, mongoexport and mongoimport depending on the needs.
- Assist with Performance Testing and Optimization
- Assist with incident resolution by working withCouchbaseengineering Support team Assist app teams during stress testing application withCouchbase.
- Assist with designCouchbasehigh availability and failover capabilities, to meet application requirement.
- Test and provide feedback on new version Features and functionalities Assist with design of XDCR and High availability setup to meet application requirements.
- Hands on experience working with NoSQL database systems.
- Designed and developed NoSQL solutions for all users.
- Managed and Administered NoSQL database, Mongo and Couchbase databases.
- Suggested latest upgrades and technologies for NoSQL database
- Performed database migration from on premise NoSQL to AWS Cloud
- Spinning Couchbase clusters with data and index nodes in QA and DEV environments followed with Production
- Responsible for upgrading Couchbase servers to latest versions
- Determined Use Case would bring various data from different applications and create a single view of the data for quick access.
- Created data model and imported data using mongo import.
- Granted users authorization and authentication. Backed up databases using Mongodb backup facility in OPS manager.
- Developed, deployed and managed several MongoDB clusters whilst implementing robustness and scalability via replication, utilize open-source tools for performance tuning and system monitoring.
- Worked on MongoDB database concepts such as locking, transactions, indexes, replication, schema design.
- Developed enhancements to MongoDB architecture to improve performance and scalability.
- Collaborated with development teams to define and apply best practices for using MongoDB.
- Consulted with the operations team on deploying, migrating data, monitoring, analyzing, and tuning MongoDB applications.
- Used various MongoDB utilities (mongostat, mongotop) to monitor database.
- Changed priority of replicaset nodes to keep Primary on specific data nodes.Worked on BulkWrite operations in MongoDB
- Review the alert log in 12c
- Determine if there is block level corruption. Report new blocks corrupted and corrupted blocks remaining from the previous report
- Verify the status of last backup. Report new backup corruption and previous unmitigated backup corruption events.
- Look for newly invalidated objects and unusable indexes and for any hung resumable sessions and blocked sessions.
- Backed up control file to trace in 12c.
- Participated in Oracle Golden Gate 11.2 installation, configuration and management, and supporting Bi-directional data replication.
- Configured High availability and setup custom monitoring through Heart beat tables using Golden Gate.
- Upgraded golden gate from 11.1 version to 11.2 version on 11gR2.
- Worked with application team for setting up conflict handlers in Golden gate.
- Used BATCHSQL, RANGE functions to improve throughput in Golden gate REPLICATES.
- Troubleshoot slow running EXTRACTS, REPLICATES and tuning.
- Performed Oracle 11g RDBMS installation, upgrade, configuration, backup, recovery, archiving & purging activities.
- Involved in implementing 11g RAC with ASM disk on Linux servers.
- Migrated database Schemas from Single instance to RAC,Duplicated RAC Databases in non-production environment through RMAN.
- Implemented and troubleshooting Data Guard (Standby) for high availability/disaster recovery purpose.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle Grid Control and installing OEM agents on all the database server hosts.
- Installed Oracle 10g/11g/12c stand-alone and RAC systems in HA environment in different O.S platforms (AIX, Linux, Solaris, RHEL and VMware).
- Monitoring the operating system response in terms of CPU usage, disk space, and swap space by using various UNIX utilities like VMSTAT, ISOSTAT and TOP.
- Database recovering using Veritas, Netbackup and RMAN.
- Performed backups and recoveries using RMAN/conventional hot & cold backups.
- Setting up and monitoring RMAN backups that include archive log backups, full database backups, and incremental backups and troubleshooting ORA errors for backup issues.
- SQL Profiling, SQL Plan Baselines, SQL Trace, ADDM, AWR, ASH and Explain Plan tools to diagnose performance issues.
- Expertise in upgrading the databases from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g and Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g.
- Monitoring of the queries with high response time, high disk read per execution, SQL Query performance tuning for optimized results using tools like Explain Plan, SQL TRACE, and TKPROF.
- Performing daily maintenance tasks like memory management, Tablespace management, Lock conflicts, Indexes and daily health check of Databases.
- Applied database schema changes in Production and Development environments.
- Installed & Configured Oracle 10g databases on Linux and also Upgraded Oracle databases from 10g to 11g.
- Responsible for maintenance of around 20 databases combined on all the production, development and testing environments.
- Performed administrative maintenance, monitoring on Oracle database systems in a global 24x7 operational environment.
- Implemented Oracle Database 10g Two node Real Application Cluster (RAC) using Oracle Cluster-ware and responsible for high availability and load balancing.
- Configured Oracle Data guard for Oracle Disaster recovery.
- Responsible for Restoration and Recovery of databases at the time of occurrence of critical failures.
- Responsible for installing, upgrading and configuring the Oracle environment by creating databases, storage structures and objects, database backup and recovery, monitoring and optimizing database performance.
- Achieved High Availability, Data protection and Maximum performance by maintaining a physical standby database.
- Extensive use of Oracle Data pumps, Exports/Imports utility for moving data among the servers.
- Performed large batch jobs, and tuning of SQL queries and database systems.
- Responsible in configuring and backing up database using RMAN, Hot backups, Cold backups and Logical backups.
- Expertise in upgrading the databases from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g and Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g and Oracle 11g to Oracle 12c.
- Performed Point in time recovery using RMAN.
- Performed automated backups and scheduling using scripting.
- Management of Objects, Schemas, Partitioning the tables and Indexes.
- Written Stored Procedures and Triggers for database maintenance and management using PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripts for backups.
- Automated the nightly RMAN backups for the Production and Test Databases in Crontab.
- Implemented advanced features of Oracle 10g such as Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM), Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) for monitoring database performance.
- Analyzed Alert Logs and Trace Files to resolve the errors.
- Clear documentation was prepared on all the processes like program specification, bugs fixing logs & change requests for future reference.