- Self - motivated IT professional with over Eight (8) years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator, supporting a variety of critical applications across different levels of software development.
- I have worked on Oracle 18c, 12c, 11g, 10g, PostgreSQL 9.x - 11.x, MS SQL 2012, 2014, 2016 versions, and AWS.
- I routinely work on features such as security management, database maintenance, establishing backup and recovery procedures to protect data at all levels of development.
- Also, I have a sound background in some of oracles and SQL SERVER signature high availability and disaster recovery solutions; Real application clusters, Gloden Gate, Dataguard, Always on, and log shipping, respectively.
- I am a fast learner and an open-minded professional with immediate readiness to start contributing to the growth of the company from day one.
- Full responsibility and expertise in database administration (DBA), performance tuning, database backup, database recovery, database security, database optimization, data migration of Oracle instances and SQL-server databases.
- Managing oracle and PostgreSQL Production Databases and their associated Non-Production Databases.
- Scheduled Cumulative Incremental backups and Cloned databases using RMAN Utility.
- Installation and configuration of GlodenGate and Replication of data using Oracle Gloden Gate.
- Remote administration and support of Oracle production and development Databases on major Operating Systems with sizes up to 10 TB.
- Resolved RAC issues, OCR related issues, rebooting of faulty nodes, relocating the switched over services.
- Experience in Identifying performance bottlenecks on high volume transaction systems. Analyze SQL statements and design indexes to improve response of queries.
- Installation and Configuration of PostgreSQL Software and Creating Databases.
- Handled Space Reclaim, Performance Improvement and De-fragmentation of Database Objects using VACUUM FULL and auto VACUUM.
- Enabled Logging of Slow Queries and improved performance through several maintenance tasks on PostgreSQL Database Tables using OPTIMIZE and Table Rebuilds.
- Regular Proactive Health Checks for all the PostgreSQL Databases through my automated shell scripts.
- Migration of Data from Reports generated by various vendors into PostgreSQL Databases using PostgreSQL Export/Import Procedures.
- Worked with customer for different RAC related issue: hangcheck timer, split brain, hugepages setup etc ; Troubleshoot performance issues for the RAC instances (GC events).
- Experience in Installation of Oracle Databases 9i, 10g, 11g and 12c versions.
- Design and implementation of Backup and Recovery strategies (both cold and hot backups) and performing periodical backup, restoration and recovery using RMAN.
- Involved in each phase of life cycle (SDLC) including requirement gathering, technical design, development, system integration phase, quality assurance phase, development and production support activities.
- Worked actively in configuring and maintaining Oracle Physical Standby/Active Data Guard Database oracle 11g.
- Developed database monitoring/health check alert scripts for database uptime/downtime status, and sizing issues using grid control (OEM) and extensively used Oracle Enterprise Manager to do the daily tasks regarding performance and maintenance.
- Performing Fault Injection Test Cases for verifying the High Availability at each layer of RAC stack like instance failover, ASM failover, and Node failover.
- Configuration and Management of Data Guard for disaster recovery.
- Extensive experience in installation and implementing OEM, TOAD, and setup of Oracle Grid Control.
- Experience in implementation of enterprise databases on enterprise Storage Solutions using Storage area Networks (SAN) /Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- Proficient in using various database Utilities like EXPORT/IMPORT and DataPump.
- Experience in Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data using SQL loader utility.
- Automated many common tasks using crontab including Backups, exports and imports.
Tuning Tools: TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM, SQL Tuning/Access & Memory Advisors, and ASH, Database Engine Turning Advisor.
Tools: and Utilites: RMAN, OEM, SQL*Loader, Data pump (EXP/IMP), TOAD, SQL Developer, ANSIBLE, Bash shell scripting, Oracle Transportable Tablespace, and ETL, OVM, SCT, DMS, MTK, SSMA, AWS.
Operating Systems: HP-UX 10.x, 11.x, Sun RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, Linux Enterprise 6, AIX, and WINDOWS.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
Oracle Database Administrator
- Responsible for overall strategic planning & redesign of databases: Requirements gathering and Analysis, Design, Test and Implementation through the phases of System Development Life Cycle
- Ensured daily RMAN backups are completed and valid for restore and recovery
- Configured the necessary parameters for Flashback database settings and Flash Recovery Area, then using RMAN to issue Flash Recovery Commands
- Performed daily database administration on production environments
- Managing databases and instances using DataGuard, RAC in a real time production, testing, and Development environment
- Provided 24*7 support and reported to the Operations Manager and the VP of Operations.
- Implementing Oracle ASM and resolving ASM related issues
- Provided performance tuning, maintaining, and troubleshoot database problems
- Configured and maintained data loads in huge Data warehousing systems using the Informatica Power Center ETL tool. Supported data warehousing and databases
- Upgraded Oracle database using DBUA or Data Pump Export/Import
- Implemented Migration Strategies based on cost, time, and platforms requirements
- Advanced troubleshooting using trace files, alert log, and external links (Metalink or Oracle Support)
- Decommission databases and services per request from change management team.
- Generated Reports and preparing memo to communicate progress and providing early alerts for major updates
- Analyzing performance issues and providing recommendation based on testing results using Oracle's tools like AWR, ASH, AWR & Data Recovery advisor.
- Performing database patching, upgrade and migration as necessary
- Proactively diagnosing and resolving problems affecting the database using ASH.
- Maintaining database configurations in compliance with release management and change management
Confidential, Houston, TX
Oracle Database Administrator
- OEM 13c: configuring thresholds and monitoring various database metrics.
- Configuring Database Flashback using GRP (Guaranteed Restore Point).
- Built Oracle physical and active Standby databases (dataguard)
- Performed various flavors of Database upgrades across different versions(10g,11g,12c,18c).
- Applied security and bundle patches.
- Upgrade of the 12c grid infrastructure and underlying database resources.
- RMAN point in time recovery.
- Developed compliance reports and performed auditing at higher levels.
- Scheduled recurrent activities like gathering schema statistics, exports, tablespace usage report using crontab.
- Experience in UNIX/SHELL scripts for providing the reports.
- Capacity planning.
- Provided instance level performance troubleshooting and tuning for wait events, blocking sessions, Physical and Logical IO and Memory Usage.
- Space reclamation by archiving and purging data as per the requirement.
- Table level replication using Oracle Gloden Gate.
- Performance troubleshooting/monitoring tools: EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, TKPROF, alert logs.
- Helped developing PL/SQL packages, conducted unit testing, coordinated the production deployment, and resolved Post implementation issues.mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidential, Waltham, MA
Oracle Database Administrator
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 11g and Oracle 12c databases on AIX platforms.
- Monitored different databases and application servers using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)13c Cloud Control.
- Unidirectional GOLDENGATE replication.
- Extensively used AWR, ADDM and explain plan for periodic performance tuning.
- Moving data using data pump and traditional export/import.
- Implementation of Flashback Technology for critical applications.
- Used RMAN to test recovery strategies from full and incremental backups.
- Refreshed/cloned databases/schemas using RMAN and datapump utilities.
- Tested and applied RDBMS release updates (patches).
- Disaster Recovery Drills (PHYSICAL STANDBY DATAGUARD) and documented database and application validation steps.
- Configured a two-node RAC for high availability and scalability.
- Implemented table partitioning to improve performance and data management.
- Implemented Security through Virtual Private Database and Fine-Grain Auditing.
- Developed RMAN scripts for database backup and recovery.
- Created users, roles and granted privileges according to the business requirements.
- Implemented production system problem analysis and recommend corrective measures.
- Used TOAD for database management.
- Raised SR and TAR with Oracle Support.
- 24 X 7 rotational on-call Production support.
- Migrated databases to AWS.
- Build new servers on AWS.
- Creating SQL Tuning sets, Sql Profile and Sql baselines to improve query performance.
- Tuning SQL queries and PL/SQL codes to improve database response time and application performance.
- Troubleshooting PL/SQL codes, to develop packages, stored procedure, functions, and database triggers.
- Automated the nightly RMAN backups for the Production and Test Databases on Crontab.
- Creating and Scheduling Oracle Backend Process Jobs on Crontab.