- Take full responsibility and expertise in database administration duties including Performance tuning, database backup, database recovery, database security, database optimization, data migration of Oracle instances.
- Good communication and cooperation skills with an aptitude to learn quickly, take responsibility, work under pressure.
- Experience on Data Replication using Snapshot and Materialized views.
- Configured Oracle Data guard for Oracle Disaster Recovery and Performed switchover/switchback from primary database to standby database for testing purpose for the application teams when required.
- Performed day to day administrative tasks by analyzing the database like checking for failed processors, verifying the query for issues and validating disk space.
- Upgrade of large number of databases from 11g to12c and 18c. Implemented ASM on RAC and stand - alone databases and Applying PSU Patch and Migration of non ASM database to ASM database.
- Using list partitions for large tables and bitmap indexes for the OLAP databases.
- Scheduled Cumulative Incremental backups using RMAN Cloned databases using RMAN Utility.
- Installation and configuration of GoldenGate and Replication of data using Oracle Golden Gate.
- Resolved/Diagnose Node Eviction issues.
- Remote administration and support of Oracle production and development Databases on major Operating Systems with sizes up to 11 TB.
- Resolved RAC issues, OCR related issues, rebooting of faulty nodes, relocating the switched over services.
- Experience in Identifying performance bottlenecks on high volume transaction systems. Analyze SQL statements and design indexes to improve response of queries.
- Automated monitoring of Golden Gate process and heart beat monitoring.
- Experience in Installation of Oracle Databases 10g, 11g, 12c and 18c versions.
- Experience in the Upgrade of Oracle Databases in patch set Level and also in version Level (11g to 12c) and (12c to 18c).
- Good Experience in applying patches like Critical Patch Updates (CPU), Patch Set Updates (PSU), and One-Off Patches, Interim patches, DST, Patch sets as per the Oracle recommendations.
- Design and implementation of Backup and Recovery strategies (both cold and hot backups) and performing periodical backup, restoration and recovery using RMAN(full and incremental)
- Testing and implementing different physical and logical backup and recovery methods including point in time, media recovery, full/partial, datapump export/import.
- Involved in each phase of life cycle (SDLC) including requirement gathering, technical design, development, system integration phase, quality assurance phase, development and production support activities.
CLOUD COMPUTING: AWS Architecture Associate, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
DATABASE MANAGEMENT: SQL Fundamentals, Oracle Certified Associate, Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle Autonomous Database, Microsoft SQL Server 2012/ 2014
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Linux Redhat 7 | Windows server 2016 | 2012.HP-UX 10.x | 11.x. Sun Solaris 9 | 10. AIX 5.3
RDBMS: Oracle 10g | 11g | 12c | 18cPostgreSQL 9.x - 11.x
LANGUAGES: SQL | PL/SQL
TOOLS: TKPROF, STATSPACK, TOAD, SQL DEVELOPER, OEM 13c, AWR, ADDM, ASH, OEM
DATABASE UTILITIES: SQL*Plus | Oracle Enterprise Manager | Real Application Cluster | ASM | Transportable Tablespaces | SQL*Loader | RMAN | DataPump | Export | Import
ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Confidential, Greenbelt, MD
- Plan, engineer, configure, and deploy USER MANAGEMENT and SPACE MANAGEMENT solutions while supporting software that grants required privileges to users.
- Administer data analysis and database management for Oracle systems including applications upgraded and scheduled. RMAN backups, purge jobs, Maintenance Jobs using DBMS JOBS, DBMS SCHEDULER, Crontab and $UNIVERSE.
- Guide 24/7 network troubleshooting on 12 databases of 2.0 TB 4 Node production 11g and 12c RAC, restoring routine technical service and equipment problems by analyzing, identifying, and diagnosing faults.
- Pioneer Logical backups EXPDP/IMPDP and persuaded conventional EXP/IMP for migrating data from 10G to 12c.
- Oracle HA Stack: Install, Configure, Setup, Maintain and Support Oracle 11gR1, 11gR2, 12c RAC, Physical and Logical Standby database for Test, Development and Production for home-developed applications.
- Monitor and troubleshoot database issues with OEM grid control and advised database recovery using GRP (Guarantee Restore Point).
- Create data verification and testing methods to resolve Golden Gate issues and prevent glitches/gaps.
- Configure, analyze, and maintain Oracle 11gR2 Data Guard system for clients
ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Incorporated SQL TRACE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN utilities for optimizing and tuning SQL queries.
- Managed Datacenter Migration from old datacenter to new datacenter and Migrated and upgraded single instance database to instance databases using export/import, data pump.
- Analyzed data migration from databases to new systems, managed user account on Oracle 11g/12c to 11gR2 RAC and Oracle 126.96.36.199 databases.
- Assessed customer needs and goals through communication and system evaluations to modify existing databases for personalized customization with a 24/7 support.
- Implemented enterprise databases on enterprise Storage Solutions utilizing Storage area Networks (SAN) and Network attached storage (NAS).
- Facilitated database and application tuning, interface for application testing and code walk through respective to integrating new or changed applications into the production environment.
- Directed the data integrity and security using integrity constraints and database triggers while performing space management, capacity planning, disaster recovery and overall maintenance of the databases.
Confidential, Addison, TX
- Developed and conducted security initiatives by viewing alert log files & trace files to protect important company data.
- Initiated Creating Users, Groups, Roles, Profiles and assigning the users to groups
- Proficient in Performance Tuning and Monitoring of Oracle Databases on Unix/Linux platform using database tuning.
- Designed, built, guided, and assessed Oracle 9i/10g to 10gR2 RAC Database for Clients.
- Highly experienced in implementing Oracle's Transportable Tablespace (TTS) feature using Datapump Export/Import (Oracle 11g, 10g) allowing users to quickly move a user Tablespace across Oracle databases.
- Implemented security patches (Patch set, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) / Patch Set Updates (PSU), One-off Patch) using “runInstaller” and perl based utility “opatch”.
Confidential, Beltsville, MD
- Provided support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems, along with debugging slowness issues and identifying network bottleneck.
- Optimized company access by revamping and configuring network equipment and software/hardware.
- Installed coaxial cable, twisted pair cable, and fiber optics and also spliced coaxial cables and network routes within data center to connect network devices.
- Installed and managed fiber optic connectors/enclosures and application components to assure nonstop operations.
- Inspected blueprints, floor plans and cut sheet to addressed hardware installation, configuration, and operational support
- Proposed annual and preventive service maintenance on all software including system backups and recovery.
- Executed all equipment running by paying close attention to signs of issues and completing quality repairs and troubleshooting/ resolving hardware/software
- Prepared annual and preventive service maintenance on all software including system backups and recovery.
- Co-ordinated organization in varying endeavors, including proposal support that may include writing responses to RFPs, etc.