- 9+ years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator and have complete Life Cycle Knowledge including Installation. I have worked on Oracle 19c, 12c, 11g, 10g versions in both Production & Development Support across a full SDLC.
- Some areas of expertise include Performance Tuning, Backup and Recovery, DataGuard, RAC, Golden Gate, Database Security, Database Upgrades & Patching, Database Refreshes and Database Migrations across different platforms.
- Virtualization, Installation of 10g/11g on Virtual machine, Configuration, Upgrade and administer Terabyte of Oracle Databases on Oracle 11g,10g /9i/8x, Setup of Oracle Data Guard 10g and 11g as Physical Standby, Oracle Clinical Application TMS (Thesaurus Management System) Installation, Configuration & Grid Control 11g / 12 C Management and Configuration
- OLTP Database/ Oracle Application DBA:
- Managed RDBMS OLTP databases having 24 * 7 activities, Handled all the aspects of database design, administration, performance tuning, backup and recovery in Test, Development and Production environments including DDL and DML commands and writing Scripts. Table partitioning for very large tables, data archiving, Data Analysis etc.
- Performance Tuning & Backup Recovery:
- Used oracle provided tools like Stats pack, OEM, AWR, ADDM, ASMM, Oracle packages, Auto trace and cost of executing queries, SPM Plan management, SPA (SQL Plan Analyzer), Statistics Collection using DBMS STATS package, SQL Profiles and Oracle 11g new features
- Database Security:
- Encryption, Hiding data (VPD), Profiles, Roles, Audit and Complex Password RAC, Data Guard experience and Grid Control: Managed, Configured, and administered Oracle 10g RAC (Rel.1&2) on Sun Solaris and Linux platforms.
- Data Migration, Load and Integration:
- Oracle Data Pump (EXPDP and IMPDP) for export and Import. SQL Loader for loading the data in Oracle, External tables, Used M.S SQL SSIS Tool for data migration and integration
- Development work / Data Modeling:
- Used PL/SQL for Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers & Packages, Security through views and other objects like Materialized views. Fine Grained implemented for column level security, Erwin tool used for E - R Diagrams. Strong Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). Setting up MongoDB replication & Architecture
- Proficient in installation and configuration of Oracle 19c,18c,12c,11g, 10g, 9i, & 8i on SUN SOLARIS, HP-UX, IBM-AIX, WINDOWS, REDHAT-LINUX.
- Solid skills in database design, optimization and performance tuning, SQL queries, Flash-Back Recovery, Data Pump, ASM, ASH, AWR, ADDM, Automatic Undo management, OEM Grid Monitoring, SCAN, TAF, RAC ONE NODE, Server pools.
- Managed Databases in the range from 50GB to 10TB.
- Performed Migration and Upgrade of databases 12c to 18c and 19c, 11g to 12c, 10g to 11g and 9i to 10g.
- Experience in Enterprise Edition 11g, 12c databases in Linux, Sun Solaris and Windows Environments.
- Excellent experience in configuring of Oracle 10g RAC, 11g,12c RAC Standby Databases (Active Data Guard)for high availability and disaster recovery, Golden Gate.
- Oracle DBA, providing 24/7 support of both development and production on different versions of database on Various Platforms.
- Experience with installation and configuration of Oracle RAC (Real Application Clusters) 12c and 11g including ASM.
- Expertise with Backup &Recovery (complete & incomplete) of database using hot, cold procedures and RMAN.
- Expertise in creating Oracle Tables, Table Partitions, Views, and Materialized Views
- Experienced in troubleshooting traditional export/import and data pump export/import.
- Experienced in installing Oracle 12c Agent on DB server.
Databases: Oracle 19c, 18c, 12c,11g, 10g, 9i, 8i, Sql Server 2008,2005,2012,2016, Oracle 12c/11g/10g Real Application Cluster (RAC), ASM,NoSql, PostgreSQL
DB Utilities: SQL*LOADER, exp, imp, EXPDP, IMPDP, RMAN, RAC, ASM, OEM, AWR, ADDM, SRVCTLCRSCTL, ASMCMD, DBCA, DBUA, OMS, Autosys, TDE, Oracle Golden Gate, Exadata, TKPROFSTATSPACK, Explain Plan, ORACLE Bug DB, JIRA and Tableau, APEX
Cloud Infrastructure: AWS, AWS Migration
Scripting Languages: Shell Scripting, C Shell, OBEY, SQL, PL/SQL for Oracle, C, C++.
Tools: Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g/11g/12c, TOAD, Database Vault, Guardium, SQL DeveloperPutty, SQL*PLUS, LogMiner and Flashback data Archive, Quest Fog lightBMC Remedy, MS Office, Secure Crt,GIT, Devops, PAC2000, ODA, Informatica, SVN
Operating Systems: RHEL 4/5/6/7, Windows Server 2008/2012
Confidential - Mechanicsburg, PA
Sr Oracle Database Administrator
- Provide database support for Grant Delivery System Modernization (GDSM) project which involves modernization of existing legacy infrastructure.
- Configured ASM and handled issues and suggested feasible workarounds for ASM Metadata corruption.
- Sized multiple Oracle databases depending on the application requirement with the overhead storage required for the oracle.
- Upgraded to 19C Grid Infrastructure from 12C.
- Designed, Configured, and maintained backup and recovery policies including RMAN backups and scheduling RMAN full and incremental backups using Autosys.
- Implemented Goldengate unidirectional replication on RAC using ACFS file system.
- Migrated Oracle databases from red hat Linux to Oracle EXADATA using RMAN cloning.
- Used oracle AWR and ADDM to monitor database activities and performance tuning.
- Performed Range partitioning as cause to improve the performance of the database.
- Proactive performance monitoring and capacity planning for further database and server growth.
- Migration and upgradation of databases from 11g to 12c and 12c to 19c.
- Implemented physical standby database for maximum availability using Oracle Data Guard 11g with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 12c cloud control.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high- availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Worked on enterprise level IAM Suite using Oracle Internet Directory, Oracle Virtual Directory, Oracle Access Manager and Oracle Identity Manager to manage and automate the end-to-end lifecycle of user identities, and provide users with secure fine-grained access to enterprise resources and assets.
- Worked on Oracle Application Express (APEX) as well to provide web based software development environment which runs on Oracle databases.
- Experience in Identifying performance bottlenecks on high volume transaction systems. Analyze SQL statements, reorganize database objects and design indexes to improve response of queries.
- Refresh database using import/export from production to UAT to oracle tables. Used ETL to extract data from database and transform the data to different databases.
- Implemented partitioning on large tables, expertise in using composite partitioning, local indexes and global indexes.
- Migrated virtual machines to Amazon EC2 using AWS Server Migration Service (SMS) and AWS VM Import/Export tools.
- Administered Oracle ASM disk groups (mirroring, compatibility) with Oracle ASM Configuration Assistant (ASMCA).
- Installed and configured Oracle 12c GoldenGate software for data replication from multiple sources to target databases.
- Enable TDE encryption at Tablespace level for all mission critical databases with personal/sensitive information.
- Worked on various Oracle Applications like Oracle Human Capital Management (HCM),Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Worked on various features of Oracle HTTP Server like single sign-on, clustered deployment and high availability to enhance the operation of the Oracle HTTP Server.
- Work with application teams in masking personal information like SSN, Date of Birth, Contact information.
- Configured both ACFS/DBFS file systems for storage of trail files for the GoldenGate replication.
- With use of SHELL scripting automated export, import jobs.
- Production & Non-Production support for several mission critical/entity essential OLTP systems, which utilize multiple Oracle databases (TB Sizes).
- Providing database support for development and deployment of database scripts in Development, Test, Pre-Production and Production environments.
- Generated SSRS Enterprise reports from SQL Server Database (OLTP) and SQL Server and included various reporting features such as groups, sub-groups, adjacent-groups, group by total, group by sub-totals, grand-totals, drilldowns, drill through, sub-reports, navigation reports (Hyperlink).
- Developed various T-SQL stored procedures, views, and adding/changing tables for data load and transformation, and data extraction.
- Creating alarms in CloudWatch service for monitoring server performance, CPU utilization and disk usage.
- Participates in business continuity and disaster recovery planning, including assisting with fault tolerance and disaster recovery plans
- As a team member, involved in interacting with business users, gathering business requirement.
Environment: Oracle 19c/18c/12c/11g, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Red Hat Linux, ASM, TOAD, Oracle Golden Gate, Exadata, Dataguard, Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control(OEM), RDBMS, Explain plan, Statspack, Sun Solaris, Redhat Linux, Windows, SQL*LOADER, PL/SQL, SQL Tuning Advisor, TDE, SQL Performance Analyzer, SQL server 2008, Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Oracle Database Administrator
- Worked as a senior core DBA and Technical-coordinator in onshore-offshore model and in 24*7.
- DBA Support Environment and performing Day to Day Core DBA activities.
- Led a Migration project with onsite teams through Design, Build, Testing, Cutover and Post Go-Live Support at CMA CGM Systems’ Headquarters located in Marseille, France.
- Participated daily scrum meetings, spring grooming/review and demo with management and other team members.
- Used Shareplex to replicate and integrate data in near real time to Standby Database.
- Writing SQL queries to access databases like PeopleSoft, Microsoft Dynamics, Workday, SAP.
- Performed a successful BCP switchover that involves Goldengate on both source and target side.
- Database monitoring and maintenance activities which include checking alert logs, space management, undo management, gathering database statistics, database locking issues, scheduling of jobs, creation of users, schemas, table spaces and other database objects.
- Performed the migration and up gradation of Oracle databases by using import/export, oracle data pump.
- Performed SQL Tuning and database tuning based on reports generated by Run time SQL execution plans, AWR, ASH Reports, and Explain Plan and monitor the database performance.
- Estimating the space requirements for database growth for next 12 months and availability of Hardware to support the processes.
- Performed DR Test and DR resiliency test for high availability.
- Performed SQL Tuning using SQL TRACE/TKPROF, Explain Plan and Auto Trace.
- Monitoring the Users, Tablespaces, Memory Structures, Rollback Segments, Redologs, Tables, Archived Redologs and Alerts.
- Automated Database tasks using Shell Scripting, i.e. Ruby and Python.
- Applied CPU patches each quarter to keep the databases up to date.
- Creating snapshots and terminating instances (AWS) and migration of databases from traditional Oracle database to Amazon RDS.
- Creation and deletion of IAM accounts to manage AWS account for security purposes and provide access to users as per the requirements. Allocate EBS volumes and Elastic IP’s.
- Installation, configuration and administration of oracle 10g/11gR1/11gR2.
- Used Postman API to get convenient, visual display of query results.
- Worked closely with System Administrators, Network Administrators to build the RAC environment.
- Done Installation and configuration of golden gate on 11g database for the replication.
- Partitioned Tables, Index for increased query performance and easier maintenance.
- Streamlined Database Services operational activities by implementing ITIL & ITSM compliant “Processes” and “Best-Practices” allowing the organization to use IT as a tool to facilitate business change, transformation and growth.
- Setup and Configured Physical Standby and Logical Standby Databases for various production systems.
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, RHEL 4, AIX 5.2, Shareplex, OEM, RAC,Golden Gate, RMAN, AWR, ASM, Dataguard, Grid Control and TOAD
Confidential - Plano, TX
Oracle Database Administrator
- 24x7 Production Oracle Database Administration.
- Oracle 10g Database Implementation/Upgrade/Support.
- Implementing backup and recovery procedures including logical backup (RMAN), physical backup (online/offline) and integrating the backup procedures.
- Performed capacity planning and space management.
- Worked on RAC Installation, Configuration and Administration of Oracle 11g RAC.
- Implementation of High Availability solutions with Oracle 10g RAC, Physical and Logical Structures.
- Responsible to improve the performance by Using the Hints, Indexes, Explain Plan
- Performance tuning of SQL statements using STATSPACK, TKPROF, Explain Plan and SQL Trace
- Automating the backup processes using shell scripts. Performing recovery in cases of system crashes, Worked with RAC implementation team. Added nodes.
- Have implemented standby databases supported by Data Guard, logical standby and physical standby databases in 11gR1 on two node RAC
- Expertise in converting single instance database to Real Application Cluster (RAC) / Automatic Storage Management (ASM)
- Help developers writing database triggers, packages, procedures, functions, utilities for application development.
- Responsible for database refreshes/cloning from production to QA/Reporting environments. Responsible for localizing the cloned databases for QA/Reporting use e.g. creating users, resetting privileges/passwords, resetting sequences, resetting database links etc.
- Export and Import of User, Tables and Database using exp/imp and Data Pump.
- Oracle Applications Systems Administration. RMAN used in scheduled recovery, hot and cold backup of Oracle10G database.
- Pre-patch or Impact analysis for the patches and document preparation with pre and post patch installation steps.
- Performance tuning of Oracle Database, applications and queries.
- Conducted database and applications performance tuning operations making significant improvements in database system performance. Supported developers in tuning DB and apps for optimal performance.
- Administered, maintained, developed and implemented policies and procedures for Managing DB Security and alert log entries.
- Resolved database performance issues, database capacity issues, and distributed data issues.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 4/5, SUN Solaris 9, HP-UX 11i v1 (B.11.11), Windows XP, Oracle 10g (10.2.0), Oracle 10g RAC, TOAD, Oracle Golden Gate, EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, SQL Trace, Query Analyzer, Oracle Fail Safe, AD Utilities.
Oracle Database Administrator
- Responsibilities included supporting NAVIS Express/SPARCS Oracle OLTP database systems in a large complex AIX, RHEL and Windows environment.
- Responsible for installing, creating, and designing Oracle database systems on Windows/UNIX/Linux platforms and Monitored databases using OEM Cloud Control 12c.
- Installed and configured OEM Cloud Control to pair with Oracle databases.
- Managed multiple internal databases, from planning and testing stages through implementation and support.
- Performed weekly backups using RMAN; Developed backup/disaster recovery plans for nationwide offices
- Performed quarterly patch analysis and applied patches as needed
- Performed various migrations and upgraded Oracle databases from 11g to 12c.
- Provided 24/7 database administration support for Oracle 10g, 9i, 8i databases in production, development, QA, and test environment.
- Performed database upgrades; Implemented data replication using Oracle streams.
- Implemented Oracle security using database audit, audit trail review, user account management, connection manager, and Oracle security patch updates.
- Developed and performed database backups and production database recoveries.
- Assisted developers and testers in troubleshooting SQL and PL/SQL, and supported HA.
- Generated and analyzed AWR and ADDM reports; Worked on SQL trace, Explain plan, SQL hints, rewriting SQL queries and TKPROF for SQL tuning.
- Evaluated and recommended BMC, CA, Quest database monitoring tools.
- Prepared and presented OEM concepts/architecture and Oracle Streams architecture.
- Received a commendation letter from the customer.