- 8+ years of experience as a database administrator, maintaining Oracle databases running on UNIX/LINUX (Sun Solaris, HP - UX, AIX, RedHat Linux) and Windows. setup, configuration, maintenance and implementation of databases working hands on with Oracle 10g, 11g,12c and 18c. 3+ years’ experience with Golden Gate including set up, replication, data mapping, filter, developing parameter file, configuring GG on RAC environment, installing Golden Gate director.
- Experienced installing OEM 12c Cloud Control, migrating databases to 12C from Oracle 10g&11g, upgrading the 11g management agents to 12c agents, and duplicating the database with RMAN and user-managed (hot/cold) backups amongst other skills.
Databases: Oracle 8i,10g, 11g, 12c,18c,19c Exposure to SQL Server, MySQL
Database Tools: OEM, SQL*Plus, Toad, OEM Grid, RMAN, SQL*Loader, Exp/Imp/Data Pump, Statspack/AWR,DBCA, DBUA, ADDM, Oracle Migration Workbench, Remedy,Scripting with Bash, python, sql, plsql,T-sql
Operating Systems: MS Windows, UNIX (Solaris 8/9/10, AIX, HP-UX), LINUX
Hardware: Sun Fire 15K, Sun 6320 Storage, Sun Enterprise Servers 890/880/420/450 , Sun StorEdge 6320, Hitachi, EMC, Dell Servers, Compaq Servers 6000/3000/1600/800 , HP/UX-9000, Red Hat Linux 6.2
Cloud: AWS, Azure, Oracle Analytics Cloud, saas, paas, iaas
Coding skills: python, C, plsql, html, css
Confidential - Oklahoma, OK
Oracle Database Administrator
- Support datacenter operations for Confidential which supports 14 agencies of the in the state of Oklahoma.
- Implementation of TDE in all oracle databases, Dev, Prod.
- Migrate oracle 9i to 12c, setup new backup plans, with installation of TSM on Windows, Linux hosts
- Migrate oracle databases to Azure Virtual Machine.
- Migrate oracle databases to Azure SQL Database.
- Migrate oracle databases to AWS RDS for oracle.
- Applied patches to Oracle Databases and Oracle Applications.
- Applied patches security patches to Oracle WebLogic Server - root cause analysis for bugs related to recent security patches.
- Upgrade oracle versions to 12c, 19c, including recovery catalog upgrades
- Installation and Configuration of Oracle 12c,19c Multitenant container and pluggable databases.
- Testing and implementing different physical and logical backup and recovery methods including point in time, media recovery, full/partial, Data Pump export/import
- Performance tuning applications by capturing and tuning database performance metricsSystem metrics and resolving issues like deadlocks, Locking, slow performing queries using SQL Advisor, baselines and other tools (SQLT)
- Experience in installation and implementing OEM and TOAD and setup of Oracle Grid Control
- Analyzing program Oracle SQL performance issues; capturing Oracle SQL statements being executed; recommending and implementing performance improvements: SQL Code Modifications/SQL Hints; Cost Base Analyzer Statistics; Index Additions.
- Performing as Oracle DBA and backup to PS Administrator for all Prod/Test/UAT/Dev/Demo environments. Oracle Backups and Restores moving Production Database and recovering to Test/UAT/Dev .
- Goldengate configuration and monitoring through OEM cloud control, Active-Active standby configuration. Goldengate replication on AWS.
- Production and Development Support, troubleshooting Performance Issues.
- Migration of large number of databases from 10g, 11g to 12c,19c and implemented ASM on RAC and stand-alone databases and Applying PSU Patch also Migration of non ASM database to ASM database
- Capacity planning, Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data using SQL*Loader and External Tables. Experience as On-Call 24x7 production DBA support, application/development DBA.
- Expertise in implementing data refreshes (at database, schema & table level) using RMAN utility and data pump, conventional Export/Import of Oracle 10g,11g,12c,19c
Confidential - Irvine, CA
Oracle Database Administrator
- Configure Oracle database vault, Enterprise user security, TDE. Experience with LDAP, OID, OVD, AD, RBAC, Kerberos, radius, Dataguise, DG Secure.
- Restore of scores of multi-terabyte backups from tape and logical export for on demand archival solution
- Experience with DBsmart monitoring and compliance tools, Netcool monitoring
- Goldengate configuration and monitoring through OEM cloud control, Active-Active standby configuration. Configure Golden Gate on RAC environment. Goldengate replication on AWS.
- Experiencing in Installing OEM 12c Cloud Control and upgrading the 11g management agents to 12c agents.
- Migration of databases to 12C from Oracle 11g.
- Implemented and maintained Oracle 11g Data Guard/standby databases for fail-over purposes. Implemented Oracle TDE to provide transparent encryption of stored data to support submission efforts with release of Oracle 11g R2.
- Worked on Network data encryption to improve the security and also implemented SSL wallet to secure the connections.
- Design and implementation of Backup and Recovery strategies (both cold and hot backups) and performing periodical backup, restoration and recovery using RMAN (full and incremental)
- Clear documentation was prepared on all the processes like program specification, bugs fixing logs & change requests for future reference.
- Successfully upgraded the databases from 11g to non CDB 12c.
- Successfully migrated 12c Non CDB databases to pluggable databases.
- Created Oracle Wallets and implemented Tablespace level TDE security.
Confidential - Los Angeles, CA
Oracle Database Administrator
- Day-to-day usage of Oracle 11gR2 features - Real Application Testing, automatic SGA tuning, enhanced RMAN with Flash Recovery Area, Block Change Tracking, Merge backup, Oracle Data Pump, big file tablespaces, new EMGrid Control, Database Control, Studio Control, AWR, ADDM, SQL Tuning/Access Advisors, SQL Performance Analyzer, Database Replay, SQL Plan Management, SQL Tuning Automation, Flashback Database, compression techniques and several others
- Usage of enhanced features in 12c like - Real Application Testing, Table and partition recovery using RMAN, Invisible columns, DDL Logging, Redo Log reduction on GTTs using temp undo enabled.
- Involved with installation and maintenance of ORACLE 10g RAC/oracle 11gRAC and standby database for High Availability and Disaster Recovery purpose.
- EXPLAIN PLAN, AWR, ADDM and Tuning of SGA, distribution of disk I/O.
- Experienced in configuration of ASM for RAC and NON- RAC environments.
- Configured Repository and clients for GRID Control and also implemented DB Control for some databases.
- Utilized Oracle streams to Capture, Propagate and apply the transfer of data, transactions and events within managed Databases.
- Scheduling and maintaining level 0 and level 1 RMAN (Recovery Manager) backups.
- Test backups periodically to ensure minimal recoverability time to meet business objectives.
- Data Refresh in Test and Integration Databases using Transportable Table spaces.
- Hands on experience in Oracle 10g/11g RAC implementation & administration (Oracle Clusterware setup and configuration, RAC installation using ASM, Grid Installation).
- Performed conversion Non RAC single instance to Real Application Cluster (RAC) database instances.
- Performed patching on Oracle Database Server 10g and 11g using O patch utility.
- Experience working on POC of 12c new features like Redaction policy, adaptive query optimization, multiple indexes on single column, Restore table through RMAN etc
- Redefinition of tables using DBMS REDEFINITION, partitioning the tables in the production, re-defining the columns data types, and moving the LOBS to different tablespace
- Partitioned tables Maintenance, adding new partitions, exchanging one year old partitions then archiving of the exchanged partitions, dropping or truncating of old portions. Implemented 11g Interval Partitioning for monthly partitioning of large tables.
- Developed RMAN Backup strategies for cloning the test databases with the production environment and worked on RMAN active-active duplication.
- Experience with Logical backups EXPDP/IMPDP and extensively used for re-hosting the application using Golden Gate and worked with conventional EXP/IMP for migrating data from 9i to 10G.
- Scheduled RMAN backups, purge jobs, Maintenance Jobs using DBMS JOBS, DBMS SCHEDULER, Crontab and $UNIVERSE.
- Designed and implemented different backup strategies like Cold, Hot, MAN with Flash Recovery Area and Logical Backups EXPDP/IMPDP.
- Hand on experience in cloning the non-multitenant container database to pluggable database in 12c using the PDB Metadata clone, PDB Remote Clone and PDB Snapshot cloning feature.
- Implemented Active Data guard, creating both Logical and Physical Standby databases in 10g,11gRAC& 12C environment for the Production databases.
- Configured and managed Data Guard extensively for Production databases of sizes ranging from 50GB to 5TB.
- Database Services creation for distributing the applications across multiple nodes, Extensively used all command line utilities SRVCTL, CRSCTL, ADR, ASMCMD,
- Experienced with ASM, adding, deleting disks to the disk group.
- Supported development teams for all the database related issues and handled the critical issues like network failures and ASM DISK group errors and node failures in the RAC cluster.
- Generated Statspack/AWR reports using OEM 12C from Oracle 11g database and analyzed the reports for Oracle wait events, time consuming SQL queries, tablespace growth, database growth.
- Used Explain Plan, Oracle hints and creation of new indexes to improve the performance of SQL statements. Involved in SQL Query tuning and provided tuning recommendations to Application jobs, time/CPU consuming queries
Confidential - St. Louis, MO
Oracle Database Administrator
- Implemented recovery strategies whenever required and successfully recovered databases in case database crash, media/disk failures by using RMAN.
- Scheduling the Physical backups (hot & cold) in CRON tab using RMAN utility and monitoring the scheduled jobs.
- Responsible for Creating Users, Groups, Roles, Profiles and assigning the users to groups and grant necessary privileges to the relevant groups.
- Storage area Networks (SAN) and Network attached storage (NAS).
- Documented the Standard Processes for peers to follow.
- Proficient in Performance Tuning and Monitoring of Oracle Databases on Unix/Linux platform using database tuning, Tkprof, Explain plan, AWR and ADDM reports, Advisors as SQL Tuning, SQL Advice, Undo, Segment, MTTR, Memory.
- Provided 24X7 support for all the production and development databases.
- Strong skills in applying security patches (Patch set, Critical Patch Updates (CPU) / Patch Set Updates (PSU), One-off Patch) using “runInstaller” and perl based utility “opatch”.
- Highly experienced in implementing Oracle's Transportable Tablespace (TTS) feature using Datapump Export/Import (Oracle 11g, 10g) allowing users to quickly move a user Tablespace across Oracle databases.
- Performed Installation and configuration of Oracle 10.2.0.1 database on HP-UX platform.
- Successfully performed migrations from Oracle 9i/10g to 10gR2 RAC (Real Application) Database.
- Constantly monitor the performance (V$ dynamic performance views at peak load) of the Databases and viewing Alert log files & Trace files.
- Used to run scripts to check the status of databases such as growing table sizes, extent allocation, free space, used space, fragmentation etc.
- Performed space management, capacity planning, disaster recovery and overall maintenance of the databases. Created Physical Standby databases using RMAN with zero downtime, performed Failover and Switchover using Data Guard Broker and manually as and when required.
- Worked extensively with Physical Standby database, troubleshooting, switchover and switchback with Physical standby setup.
- Successfully performed data replication using Materialized views and Oracle Streams in Oracle 10gR2.
- Applied patches 10.2.0.2 and 10.2.0.3, 10.2.0.4.
Confidential - Los Angeles, CA
- Identify and document variances and defects in User Experience, Usability, process flows, identified functionalities and communicate them to the team.
- Engage with development team to resolve identified variances
- Assist in the preparation of test result with presentations to the project team and business representatives.