IT Professional with extensive experience in both development and services within the telecommunications, financial, e-commerce, and healthcare industries. A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with ongoing training and certifications. Proven success with new implementations and maintaining existing complex systems. Demonstrated leadership abilities and customer rapport. Recognized for delivering effective solutions to complex issues. Expertise includes:
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |
Databases Oracle, MySQL, MS-SQL Server, Sybase, Informix, PostgreSQL
Java and Web Servers Apache, IIS, WebLogic, JBoss, WebSphere
Operating Systems Linux, HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, VirtualVault, Windows
Programming Languages Shell Script, PERL, Python, C, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, PHP
Configuration Management ClearCase, CVS, RCS, CMVC, PVCS
Build and Deployment Make, Ant, InstallShield, Install4J
Miscellaneous TCP/IP, SSH/SSL/Systems Security, Oracle RAC/OEM/ASM/RMAN, LDAP, CMMI
Senior Oracle DBA
- Provided upper-tier escalation support to 70 member services team for Oracle database and performance issues related to ARRA Meaningful Use and overall application concerns.
- Created 100 defect change requests reflected in code patches and hotfixes
- Reduced database escalations 75 by resolving issues prior to development involvement
- Reduced object analysis time 50 by developing database audit tool used to check code versions
- Team Lead, Services Upgrades DBA Team 2009-2012
- Served as team lead for 20 member Oracle DBA team performing upgrades and data conversions required to achieve Electronic Health Record EHR certification.
- Established best practices to utilize 10,000 lines of SQL and PL/SQL conversion software
- Led database activities for 100 customer go-live events with critical downtime restrictions
- Reduced errors in project plans by working with project management and customers
Senior Technical Upgrades Engineer,
- Upgraded application and database components of multiple distributed Java applications running on JBoss with Oracle database for 200 customers.
- Refined upgrade procedures to reduce technical portion of overall project plan
- Cross-trained teammates to bridge application/database and UNIX/Windows knowledge gaps
- Eliminated configuration variants 80 by implementing custom upgrade configuration tool
Senior Technical Implementations Engineer,
- Implemented application and database components of multiple distributed Java applications running on both UNIX/Linux and Windows with both Oracle and MS-SQL Server databases for 200 customers.
- Broadened platform support by converting WebLogic procedures to support JBoss and WebSphere
- Reduced staging time over 50 by overhauling server staging program for all platforms
- Reduced performance and downtime issues by creating ORCA-based proactive monitoring system.