- 14 years of comprehensive Real-world experience, specializing in Architecting Building Enterprise Data warehouse, target state architectures and roadmaps, server integration technology and middleware, advanced understanding of Cloud Architectures i.e. SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, enhancing customer satisfaction and loyalty by improving the usability, ease of use, and pleasure provided in the interaction between the customer and the product.
- 3 years' hands on experience with Agile development practices across US, Australia and Asia
- ORACLE DBA activities such as database creating, database maintenance, database backup recovery on Unix/Linux environments
- Broad experience in Database Administration DBA , logical/physical modeling and data integration using various data formats
- Evaluating, installing, configured and supported 8i, 9i and 10G, Oracle 11g and 12c, Database software, upgrading to new versions, coordinating with hardware, changes and applying database patches.
- Experience to configure Golden Gate supported topologies including Unidirectional Reporting instance , Bi-Directional Instant failover Active-Active , Peer-to-Peer Load Balancing, HA , Broadcast data distribution , Consolidation Dataware house and Cascading Scalability .
- Experience in Oracle EBS includes, Oracle CRM, Oracle Financials, Oracle HRMS, Supply Chain Applications, Warehouse Management system.
- Deep understanding of the business processes to facilitate data governance and influence the diverse stakeholders
- Translate business requirements using complex methods/models to determine appropriate architectural solutions
- Expertise in working in RAC with ASAM and GPFS General Payroll File System implementations
- Expertise in working with Active Directory, SAN NAS, Virtualization
- Expertise in working 24 7 production support environment
- Expertise in working system requirements and develop a backup and restoration resolutions in a 20 increase in system efficiency.
- Worked through all stages of software development lifecycle for different implementations.
- Expertise of database development including stored procedures, functions, triggers, ad hoc scripts / reports in TSQL
- Worked within a cross-functional team to provide technical expertise in the design and planning.
- Establish and implement technology migration strategies for applications or architectures
- Experience in Data modeling logical and physical using Data modeling tools such as Erwin, Informatics, Congo's, and warehouse Builder
- Expert knowledge of modeling, database, infrastructure, information management, and business processes and strategic goals
- Database Administration in Oracle Active Data Guard, Oracle Streams, SQL Net, SQL Loader and SQL PLUS, Explain Plan, end-to-end performance tuning CPU tuning, memory tuning, IO tuning, application tuning, database tuning including hit ratio and waits events , upgrade, High Availability, Disaster solutions and implementations.
- Good knowledge of Flashback Technology, Flash recovery Area, Automatic Storage Management, SAN EMC NetApp and remedy tool.
- Experience in OLTP/DSS database systems, managing large Oracle databases VLDB
- Desktop application design and assist in solution development for integration, system analysis, administration and management of MS SQL, GP, CRM, Share Point and Chris21 Payroll system
- Expertise in issue resolution, Client Interaction, bugs fixing, data analysis, data Migration and performance optimization including role bases optimization and cost based optimization
- Sound business communication, client interaction and leadership skills.
- Highly motivated, hardworking, reliable and a team player.
- Experience in SDLC, Waterfall, RAD, Spherical and Agile/Scrum software engineering methodologies
- Eager to learn and adapt to new tools and technologies with ease.
- Excellent business requirement understanding, able to come up with new design, ideas and solutions
- Oracle Technologies and Solutions
- Oracle Grid Infrastructure Physical/Logical Standby Databases, RAC, RMAN, Active DataGuard OEM Cloud/Grid Control 12c, DataGuard Disaster Recovery solutions, Golden Gate Performance tuning, Oracle Database Vault DataPump/EXP/IMP/SQL LOADER
- SQL Server Technologies and Solutions
- AlwysOn, Analysis Services, Database Engine, Data Warehousing, Integration Services, Management Studio Express, SQL Scripting, PowerPivot, Replication, Reporting Services, Service Broker, SQL Native Client, SQL Server Data Quality Services, SQL Server JDBC Driver, SQL Server Master Data Services, SQL Server StreamInsight, Windows Azure SQL Database
- High Availability MS Clustering, GoldenGate - OGG systems on Oracle 11gR2 RAC
- Database Security
- SQL Server Data tools
- Transact SQL Queries
- BI tools
- Search Engines: Endeca, Solar, Lucene, Google
- Web Technologies: ASP.Net 3.5/2.0/1.1, C , VB.Net, MVC 1.0, WCF, Silverlight 2/3, Amazon RDS
- Web Servers: IIS 6.0/5.0/4.0, COM, COM
- Management S/w: Snap Manager for Microsoft SQL Server
- Operating System: Windows, UNIX, Linux, Mac
- RDBMS: SQL Server, MYSQL, Oracle, DB2, MS Access
- Performance Monitoring: Quest Spotlight, Toad, Tkprof, Traces, SQL Scripts, Zenoss, SQL Diagnostic Manager
- Tools: PRTG, ControlM, IBM Trivoli, BMC Remedy, Quest Litespeed, Spotlight, SQL performance, Red Gate, TOAD, Case Studio, Erwin and DBArtisan, SQL built-in-reports, Plan Explorer, Profiler, SQL Broker, Oracle Golden Gate, Install and resolve issues with Visual Studio 2008, 2010 and 2012
- Reports: SSRS, Crystal Reports, GrapeCity Active Reports v7.0
- Orchestration tools: MS System center orchestrator, Chef and Puppet
- CASE/Packages: Erwin, Bpwin, Rational Rose, Sybase Power Designer, MS Visio, SQL Litespeed
- Source Control: IBM Rational ClearCase, Perforce, Razor, TFS, Vault, Visual SourceSafe
- Data Modeling: ER/Studio, Erwin, FastTracks, Workbench, Toad Data Modeler, Visio, xCase
- ELT: Informatica, SSIS, DTS
- Database programming /administration experience, Database Monitoring tools management
- Performance ongoing tuning of the database instances, Finding Tuning hardware Bottlenecks
- Business Continuity Planning DR Setup
- MS SQL Cluster/Node Management, SQL server Remote DBA Expert
- Ability to interact well within the organization and with the clients as well
- Excellent organizational, multitasking and problem solving skills
- Team player with demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to learn and practice new skills efficiently at workplace
- Managing budgets, costs and expenses of the Project
- Project execution and control
KEY STRENGTHS ABILITIES
- Solution development for integrations, system analysis, administration and management skills
- A keen interest in, and a strong understanding of the broader business issues
- Excellent ability to assess situations and solve problems effectively using initiative and creativity
- Liaison, communication and interaction with users, clients and management
- Systematic and detailed approach to work, is highly organized, multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player with demonstrated leadership abilities
- Thrives in a pressurized, busy environment with time constraints, demonstrating responsibility, self-motivation, enthusiasm, dedication and perseverance.
- Winner of On the Spot Award in 2013, i.e inspiring role model to my colleagues.
- DR Testing as per the DR calendar or as specified by Application/Project Manager
- Define / plan /design / implement / audit db security
- Experience working on and deploying a diverse set of computer technologies and platforms including Microsoft, Unix/Linux and Mac Operating Systems and application
- A firm understanding of Business Analysis, Project Management concepts, tools and industry standards
- Hands-on experience with the installation, configuration and management of Oracle 81, 9i, 10g, 11gR2, 12c, Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012/Azure databases running on various versions of Windows and Linux
- Experience in projects with superior analytical, organizational and planning and presentation skills
Work with infrastructure, security, integration and business analyst team to become familiar with the application requirement, Drive the detail best practicing technical design, implementing, and maintaining an efficient secure, and reliable database infrastructure for specific portions of the application, Responsible for strategic planning with our database strategy. Assistant project and development managers to define the scope and develop plan for the project deliverables, Accountable for meeting the milestones set for the project, database administration tasks like new software installation, database setup, database upgrade, database patching, database cloning and performance tuning. Responsible in installing, configuring and maintaining Grid infrastructure and real application cluster for high availability configurations.
Sr. DBA / Project Lead
This position involved to support 25 applications simultaneously in all environment, database administration and maintenance including backup and recovery. Installation of oracle database, creating and managing schema, managing daily backups and deployment of product code. Database upgrade to 11g and migration from 10g for single instances. It also included planning, controlling, monitoring and managing and directing the assigned project resources to best meet project objectives, collecting metrics data including costs, schedule, work in progress and work completed reports on project progress and other project specific information to stakeholders.
Sr. DBA Support
- This position involved installation of Oracle 11g database on Linux/Windows, installed over 60 databases, performed database decommission activities, good hands on DBCA, DBUA
- Configured data guard in 11gr2, solving issues related to archive gap between the primary and standby databases.
- Analyzing tables and indexes for performance tuning. Optimizing database objects and streamlining applications
- Cloning of databases in 11g
- Full time: This position involved by analyzing and tested 100 new database designs principles and developed knowledge of database principles by applying them in project. Develop and implemented system database administration policies and procedures including subsystem or instance security guidelines. developed project plans and assumed responsibility for project profit and loss, tracked Database Upgrade/Migration, defects and issues via the use of SDLS, create and maintains all databases required for development, testing, education, and production usage. It also included Microsoft DPM Data Protection Manager for backups and disaster recovery, Worked with developers to tune the SQL queries using SQL Profiler, Provided 24 7 Production support for the database and application issues, Implementing Resource Governor, Log shipping, Mirroring and Replication
- It also included managed upgrades and patching from 9i, through 10g, and on to 11gR2 and latest Oracle PSU and CPU patches, including establishing critical modifications for security, Standardized backups across all Oracle databases, including RMAN configuration, and export data pump processes.
Contract: This position involved for managing daily operations for over 20 servers, including the Oracle System, using physical data guard and delivered technical presentations on oracle database operation. Working in/with development and production in resolving SQL issues.
On Going Tasks
- Develop, document processes and procedures,
- Monitor and /automate tasks required to maintain databases.
- Introduce latest technology to help improve the overall efficiency of the DBA Team, understand business processes for hardcopy and softcopy processing.