- Over 7 years of IT experience in Database Administration, Analysis Software Quality Assurance testing and .NET Developer in data warehousing methodologies, using ETL Tools, Business objects, PeopleSoft, Window based, Web base application and Client/Server Applications.
- Installing and configuring Oracle database on LINUX and Windows Servers.
- Performed Database tuning using ASM, AWR, ADDM and FLASHBACK.
- Experience in design, implementation and maintenance of business applications as a Database Administrator of Oracle 11g, 10g, 9i
- Well experienced with schema changes, database design, database reorgs, and migrations between instances, database upgrades and database tool upgrades.
- Performed Database Backup using RMAN Utility, Import Export, SQL Loader on various environments.
- Worked on SQL performance and tuning for better response time. Used SQL tracing and tkprof for analyzing the query.
- Experience in proactively supporting application teams for any database related requirements, and database support documentation.
- Experience in BI and Data warehouse ETL concepts such as data mining, data integration, data cleansing, data transformation and data governance.
- Perform Data base refresh from production environment to staging and QA.
- Knowledge of RAC and Data guard.
- Cloning of database from different IO Environments.
- Perform code migration from Dev to Production environment
- Experience in design development of applications using ASP.NET, Web Services, C and VB.NET technologies.
- Experience in writing Test Plans, Defining Test Cases, Developing and Maintaining test scripts according to the business specifications.
- Experience using Data grid control for better execution plan.
- Installed patches and Utilities in oracle database.
- Configured roles and privileges for any user which needed access to application.
- Experience in working with PGP key Encryption and Decryption testing for secure data transfer validation.
- Expertise in writing SQL queries, stored procedures, in SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008.
- Providing assistance in logical/physical data modeling using ERWIN. Solid experience of creating PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Materialized Views to retrieve, manipulate and migrate complex data sets in Oracle Databases.
- Experience in implementation of Data Cleanup procedures, transformations Scripts, Triggers, Stored Procedures and execution plan for loading the data successfully provided to the end user.
- Perform UNIX shell scripting to manipulate data results sets, and file generation.
- Have the ability to adapt fast in new technologies and environments.
- Experience in handling and coordinating multiple tasks in team environments and can, has worked individually.
- Achieved best performance and appreciation from many clients for the outstanding performance in Testing.
Database : Oracle10g, Oracle 11g, 9i, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008 R2, MS Access 97/2000
Operating systems : Windows NT 4.0/2003,XP,7,Linux
Languages : SQL, T SQL, PL/SQL, C , C , ASP.NET 3.0, Java, VB6, ASP, VBScript, Perl, VB.NET, XML/XSL, CSS, Unix, Linux, Shell Scripts, PL/SQL
IDEs : Visual Studio 2005 2008
Other tools : MS Project, MR Office, Dreamweaver 3.0, Photoshop 7.0, Flash 5
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle Database 11g and related products to Implement and maintain database security eg:- password attempts, sessions
- Logging bugs if there are any issues in related to Oracle development.
- Handling SR Tickets on issues facing by Dev and QA Team.
- Changes on execution plan based on the use of Data grid.
- Writing of O/S Shell and Oracle scripts for automation and monitoring of databases.
- Meetings with various stake holders related to data issues/concerns with IT, Business User and PMs.
- Created Backup by using RMAN Utility, and export utilities for some of the crucial tables.
- Effectively manage and monitor all aspects of RDBMS environment.
- Place the setup trace, people code trace, and application engine trace. Monitored and tuned AppServer performance.
- Involved in Daily onshore and offshore meetings for status calls on requirements and performance related issues.
- Created new users for new employees and setup the roles and privileges depending on the assignment of the project based on the ticking system.
- Validation after the migration of the code changes for valid and invalid objects.
- Generated Scripts in the SQL Developer for analysis on the reports
- Execute jobs in Data stage and monitor those reports on successfully completed.
- Verified on the ETL Jobs for failure reports and rectified the logs reports for reports being process or rejected based on the business logics.
- Support development, test, and production Oracle database environments.
- Install Patches, and troubleshoot existing patches on production environment on Oracle Linux, Red hat Enterprise Linux.
- Refresh Staging Database from the production environment.
- Supported installation of RAC and
- Cloning Database from different operating system to Linux.
- Performing database changes to increase the size when table spaces, data files run out of spaces.
- Verified TDD Document, SIT Results and AMS Production Team for various documents before commence of the project.
- Set up execution plans for different application and related performance issue execution plans have been changed.
- Contributed for database inserts for QA Groups in order for the data not to be tampered for crucial tables.
- Setup/Document Standards and Policies for the installations, upgrades, operational and DBA procedures for applying vendor/custom patches.
Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL Developer, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, 7, App Engine, Quality Center HP , Microsoft Excel, Snag it, Microsoft Outlook, Share point, Data Stage, Linux, Linux Red hat Unix, Vi Editor, Shell Script.
Mid-Level - DBA
- Re-tolled backup and recovery strategy and Evaluate hardware, capacity planning.
- Oracle Standby/Failover Administration.
- Database cloning to setup Test Development Databases.
- Used Flashback utility to restore the erroneously deleted objects.
- Used Data pump utility instead of Export/Import.
- Performance Tuning of the databases.
- Performed partitioning on oracle large tables.
- Design of Data Models using Erwin. Worked on designing of Dimensional Data Models.
- Helping Dev team to move database objects from Dev environment to PROD.
- Creating and maintaining database roles and privileges.
- Database Migration across various OS and in between different databases.
- Used Security features such as FGAC, Roles and privileges.
- Performing Various Backup HOT COLD and Recoveries using RMAN.
- Good understanding of Data warehouse tasks such as data mining, data integration, data cleansing, data transformation and data governance.
- Having good knowledge with creation of Metadata.
- Involved in meetings with the BA and PM.
- Using numerous testing tools like Q trace, Snag it and ALM for logging defects and monitoring successfully results.
- Monitoring all the defects and assigned to the Dev Team and walkthrough the issues using lotus notes meeting.
- Responsible for weekly status report, daily status report, share them with PM and BA for any deliver at risks and status of the projects.
- Filling documentation for various applications in order to link ALM with TFS.
- Provide End User with the support and training on the application.
- Executed many jobs to see end results and data being populated in Target Location.
- Validated data using TOAD and executed various scripts for validation of data.
- Compared where ever issues occurred and compare with the production environment before actually raising the defect since it's already predefined end user have accepted with the functionality.
- Used Business intelligence to test the performance of the reports when new servers were installed.
- Assigned on multiple projects at the same time.
- Responsible for the GHRDB Feed Views, and execute scripts to ensure the latest record based on business logic is being pulled from the source tables. It will also to check the performance of the .sqr before hitting the production.
- Supported developers in logical design, sql-tuning, schema refreshes and code migration.
- Review and tune initialization parameters, memory structures and physical data layout for optimal performance.
- Worked on SSIS Package on executing store procedure to populate data and understand the whole architecture of the application.
- Perform various security protocols of certain application, to improve the performance of the site while the security is still intact with E Y Standard.
- Responsible for GHRDB Upgrade project, from 10g and 11g. Executed well around 400 jobs and compare it against the 10g for data validation.
- Held responsible for projects GHRDB, GHRS, HRSSC, Americas Business Intelligence, EY Cache Engine tool and many other projects.
Database Administrator / Web Developer
- Provide solution based on the requirements of the clients to the offshore team.
- Work with the BA Analyst in end to end solution for the log tickets in relation to product enhancement and outstanding issues which clients are facing.
- Provide Support 24x7 Support and Maintenance for more than 40 Oracle database.
- Performed as a daily duty on prioritizing and coordinate DBA Related activities which included cloning of the database, CPU Patches, upgrades and installations.
- Identify and resolve database performance and communicate them with the dev team in residing for a solution.
- Monitor, review and resolve CPU, I/O Activity, memory and resource utilization issues using scripted Tools, OEM, TOAD PLSQL Developer.
- Code deployment and maintain version control. Perform validation on the new code changes and doesn't impact the performance.
- After discussing with the BA and product specialist discuss with the developers and create technical design document.
- Validation of the file based on the schema referencing to each client.
- Work with the production tickets.
- Created store procedures and script to generate reports based on client requirements.
- Manually generated on risk factors using crystal reports based on automated process failed.
- Presented to the higher management to ensure proper test cases are implemented based on business needs.
- Excel format was also provided to the BA as a standard processes, with the level of effort, severity, screenshots, and timeframe for any defects found in UAT environment..
- Experience using black boxing and White boxing for reliable output using web services.
- Testing cross browser functionalities and providing SLA rules to support the product.
- Used Firefox for regression testing to ensure it meets the SLA violation.
- Problem analytics and problem solving on missed requirements.
- Provide support to any Defects found in the UAT environment, review the requirements, through each stages of development, and perform root Analysis at the defect occurrence.
- Keep track of the development life cycle, ensure QA and UAT environment are in sync for any changes occur.
- Work on IIS, report scheduler, and revenues reports.
- Involved in the meeting with the Project Management, TSM, and BA.
- Worked with Error Reporting 2.5, 2.0 using SSIS, ETL, and flat file validations.
- Web service schema based on the HP document which WSE security standards
- Work with the CSM for affidavit forms and the process involved.
- Solved Clients issues provided by the CSM.
- Daily meetings with the BA, AVP, VP of the company.
- Extracting data using oracle database.
- Year-end process and project plans for multiple clients' discussion.
- Meeting with the CFO for the development and DBA Related activities in order to meet the deadlines to meet the budget.
Junior DBA / .Net Developer
- Developed ASP.Net Web Forms pages using C
- Converting files into higher version of the .Net Framework.
- Resolving bug issues when designing the site.
- Used function which used delegates and multithreading.
- Check all the validation controls using boxing and white boxing.
- Insured all the validation controls are working for various forms by using the test cases.
- Used Sql for Backend testing, extracting all the right iterate data.
- Generated Scripts for automated login process, and all the input validations for audits.
- Generated complex queries and match the results against the base to ensure accuracy for the desired result set.
- Merging of the code and perform several regression test on the application.
- Implemented Ajax controls to aid in efficiency in the site.
- Worked with UI in enhancing the layout of the front end using XML Schema and CSS style sheet.
- Create Test cases in excel sheet for each page to analyze and walkthrough from different client portal to ensure the style sheet is incorporated on all pages.
- These results are then formulated assigned to the right developer with the details of the error, screenshot and severity levels if any defects found.
- Performed Use Case analysis of the requirement and plan development iterations.
- Involved in automation testing using QTP and Wrote external library functional using VB scripting to create common methods for Objects and incorporated changes in Test Scenarios based on changes Requests.
- Developed middle tier and custom controls using C .
- Developed Master Pages based on the company portfolios.
- Responsible for maintenance and release of backend business objects.
- Monitored Server events logs, Oracle alert logs
- Created RMAN Backup logs and implemented proactive steps to alter the changes in the code based on the issues present in the logs
- Worked on PGP key, through the encryption and decryption of the security files to ensure sensitive data is not displayed.
- Check the performance using TOP Commands when the application is up and running.