Oracle Dba Resume
- Enterprise DBA support utilizing around 7 years of Experience in Oracle Database Administrator, providing 24X7 productions and development support 11g R2 RAC, 10gR2 RAC, 9i databases on different platforms like HP - UX, SUN SOLARIS, AIX, Red Hat Linux and Windows.
- Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate (OCA) Best practices for Oracle Database Infrastructure, Standards and Implementation.
- Implementation of best case scenarios for enterprise wide Database backup/recovery solution analyzing teh specific business needs and optimizing teh use of existing infrastructure
- Implementation of Enterprise wide Database Monitoring enabling Oracle 11g Enterprise Manager Grid Control.
- Worked on 12c Cloud Control.
- Managed databases on Exadata x7
- Applied CPU, PSU and one off patches.
- Analyze application activity, tuning teh particular data caused for poor performance
- Installation of Oracle Databases on Standalone and RAC cluster.
- Data Guard setup with Primary and Standby Databases.
- Strong Oracle RAC Installation, Configuration and Tuning Skills on Red-Hat Linux and Sun Solaris.
- Database Backup and Recovery using RMAN including duplicating/cloning Databases across with point-in-time recovery option.
- Strong SQL skills to perform teh data base operations.
- Worked on many export import and Data Pump tasks.
- Used Shell scripts to automate jobs.
- Scheduling backup Jobs using Cron (UNIX) and Schedule Task (Windows).
- Monitor nightly Database backup Jobs and necessary actions for failed backup jobs including script corrections, disk space monitoring and Database availability.
- Physical database design, Logical database design, normalization, de-normalization
- Set up Oracle GlodenGate uni-directional and Bi-directional setup.
- Familiar with Database security and auditing.
- Setup procedure for Database statistics gathering
- Worked on Upgrade and Migration Project.
- Collections of performance data for specific time range using STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM, ASH, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, and SQL Trace.
- Troubleshooting for slow performing SQL by enabling Database tracing including session specific tracing. Performed SQL Tuning using Explain Plan.
- Setting up Enterprise Manager notification procedures, who gets what notification, monitoring frequency, threshold limits for process memory, disk usages etc.
- Setting up and excellent problem solving skills in Data Guard environment.
Operating System: Linux, CentOS Window 2003/2008, Sun Solaris, UNIX, HPUX, AIX
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Tuning, Unix Shell Scripting, C,C++
Databases System: Oracle 12c, 11g R2/10g R2/9i, MSSQL
Documentation Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, Microsoft Project, Visio.
Tools: /Utilities Export / Import Data Pump SQL Loader Explain plan TKPROF RMAN OEM DB Console Grid Control Crsctl Srvctl asmcmd SQL Plus / SQL Developer Erwin TOAD
Expertise: ASM, Data Guard, RAC, Repliction, Setting up Disaster Recovery, AWS, 18c, Exadata
- Supported different clients with multi-terabyte databases.
- Migrated databases to AWS and Build new servers on AWS
- Worked on project to migrate databases to AWS instance
- Installed Standalone and RAC Database Servers
- Completely build RAC from scratch including OS and RAID configuration.
- Scheduled meetings with application team for database migration review to gather legacy information such as type of application, database options, current oracle configuration, capacity and oracle outstanding tasks.
- Set up oracle instances on AWS cloud
- Maintained databases and alerts from 13c cloud control (OEM)
- Migrated standalone databases to RAC on Exadata
- Build Data Guard
- Worked and resolving gaps.
- Responsible for new 11g database installation
- Upgraded and patched existing Oracle homes.
- Build 2-node 11g R2 cluster from scratch on Linux.
- Build Data Guard.
- Designed roles and assigned permissions
- Responsible to improve teh performance by using teh Hints, Index, Explain Plan
- Performance tuning of SQL statements using STATSPACK, TKPROF, Explain Plan and SQL Trace
- Automating teh backup processes using shell scripts.
- Build RAC clusters and added nodes.
- Tablespace management including, adding/resize data files, allocated quotas to user and managed disk space
- Export and Import of User, Tables and Database using exp/imp and Data Pump
- Created Users/Roles, granted/revoked Permissions/Roles, defined quota on Tablespaces for users, and effective management of Locally Managed Tablespaces, Dictionary-Managed Tablespaces, and Temporary Tablespaces.
- Used exp/imp, data pump and dblinks to move teh data
- Worked on standard and enterprise edition of teh Oracle RDBMS.
- Worked on database backup using RMAN for HOT backup and scripts written for COLD backup.
- Worked on schema Reorganizations for better space management
- Performed Database Refreshes and Database Copies for Development, Test and Production databases
- Installed, Migrated, configured and tested Oracle 9i databases in various environments
- Configured and Managed ASM disks and disk groups thru both Grid Control and ASMCMD utility.
- Conducting Installations of Oracle9i and Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g, sizing/capacity planning efforts for teh Oracle database applications on varied platforms like Solaris, Windows and Linux Servers
- Data modeling / Logical database design and implementation (including index design)
- Migration of system and applications from Oracle 9i to 10g.
- Configuring and using teh Oracle Enterprise Manager in 10g for Performance, Maintenance and Administration tasks
- Create and maintain multiple databases.
- Create multiple 11g databases on RHEL5 in development.
- Schedule backup in 11g using db console.
- Monitoring frees space in tablespaces, Archive log destination, Database/Listener availability, Blocking Locks monitoring etc.
- Configured RAC database with 4 nodes. Implemented Data Guard, Physical and logical Stand by databases to ensure high availability, data protection and disaster recovery.
- Improving teh performance of teh database by tuning SQL and database instance parameters using Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor and SQL Tuning Advisor in Oracle 10g
- Using TCP/IP Protocol Configured SQL*Net files on server / client machines, and resolved client connectivity issues.
- Implemented backup strategies which involved taking an incremental backup and enabled teh block change tracking feature.
- Worked with Oracle in troubleshooting issues.
- Worked with Development team in deployments.
Environment: Oracle 10g, 11g R2, RAC, Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Gloden Gate
Confidential, Madison, Wisconsin
- Build Database Clusters using RAC
- Build standalone Database Servers
- Installed 10g, 11g and 12c
- Worked on Multitenant databases
- Performed various silent installs.
- Worked Storage team with configuring disk partitions for ASM
- Configured Grid Infrastructure for database servers.
- Installed SQL Server 2005 and 2008
- Restored and recovered SQL Server databases.
- Set up Log shipping.
- Configured and installed with SQL Server Performance Dashboard.
- Worked with Development team to work on performance related issues.
- Configured Data Guard as a DR
- Provided 24*7 Production Environments.
- Managed databases upto 3 TB in size
- Cloned databases using “Duplicate Database” feature of RMAN.
- Worked on Database refreshes using exp/imp, Data pump.
- Manually restored and recovered databases on requests.
- Worked on Migration & Upgrade projects.
- Developed shell scripts and used cron to schedule jobs.
- Worked on Performance Tuning of instances and Bad SQLs.
- Used different tools like STATSPACK, AWR, ADDM, ASH, ANALYZE, EXPLAINPLAN, SQLTRACE and TKPROF to get to teh root of teh bad SQLs.
- Used SQL Loader to load data.
- Used RMAN to schedule backups to tapes and remote servers.
- Used and maintained bitmap indexes, materialized views, DB links
- Experience in partitioning and sub-partitioning
- Applied CPU and one off patches to CRS and RDBMS homes.
- Conducting sizing & capacity planning for Oracle databases.
- Used Oracle support and Meta Link are utilized to troubleshoot teh problems and issues.
- Provided on-call support.
- Proactive database monitoring using 11g grid monitoring tool.
- Good knowledge on optimizer, RBO, CBO•Used SQL Trace, Tkprof, Explain plan, Statspack, AWR, ASH and ADDM.
Environment: Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c, TOAD, SQL plus, OEM RMAN, Unix, Solaris 10, Oracle RAC, Data Guard, ASM..
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes