Sr Dba, Data Management Team Resume
- An IT professional with database analysis/design, development and administration experience in financial services, insurance, manufacturing, public service, construction, health care and transportation industries. Skilled at combining a formal background in business and finance with technical acumen to create solutions that meet or exceed customer requirements. A problem solver with pragmatic solutions.
Operating Systems: Solaris, Linux, AIX, HP - UX, Windows
Hardware: Sun, AIX, HP, X86-PC
Databases: Oracle (RMAN, RAC, ASM, Enterprise Manager), SQLServer, DB2/UDB
Software Tools: TOAD ERWin, Oracle Designer, SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI
Methodologies: RUP, Object/Relational Modeling, Information Engineering
Sr DBA, Data Management Team
- Lead the DBA, and BI/Data Warehouse teams supporting 40+ Oracle v10/v11 and SQLServer 2008/2012 environments.
- Lead Business Intelligence and Datawarehousing initiatives that utilize Infor BI/BPW, MS Integration Svcs, MS Analysis Svcs, Reporting Svcs and Sharepoint BI over Oracle and SQLServer databases.
- Initiated tools acquisition and procedures development in support of corporate data governance initiatives
- Provide backup/recovery assurance, tuning and break-fix support on Oracle and SQLServer platforms as well as support for Oracle Forms/WebLogic appservers and Sharepoint BI servers..
- Consolidated all backup monitoring and trained the DBA team in the use of RMAN, and later Commvault, for backups and database duplication
- Implemented DBVisit Replication and Standby products for ODS support and disaster recovery as part of a move from Enterprise to Standard Edition 2 Oracle.
- Perform performance analysis and troubleshooting in conjunction with the move from standalone Linux and Windows servers to VMware/Dell SAN provisioned servers for both database platforms.
Senior Oracle DBA
- Lead the Central Tech Hosting Svcs Oracle DBA Team supporting 200+ Oracle v9, v10 and v11 databases. nsure availability on production and pre-production databases providing RMAN and ASM configuration, backup monitoring and recovery support, break-fixes and maintenance.
- Create and maintain environments including software installation and upgrade, database creation, exports and imports.
- Installed, configured and maintain a HA Enterprise Manager installation consisting of two load balanced OMS servers currently supporting 800+ managed targets.
- Provide application SQL tuning using TOAD, and Quest Optimizer and database and SQL tuning using EM.
- Perform database migrations and operations support on the State’s new Solaris zone server and Linux RAC installations.
- Implemented Oracle Internet Directory as an Oracle Names server replacement. This was developed as a fully redundant HA implementation with double monitoring to ensure availability.
- Developed a scheduled discovery process to maintain local TNSNAMES.ora files needed for RAC backups.
- Developed a PL/SQL API to manage restricted session calls across a RAC cluster using database Java and Linux shell.
- Developed an automated process to scan and alert for long-running processes across all production databases.
Senior DBA/DBA Team Manager
- Served on the Hosted Services team in a SQLServer 2008, DB2 8/9.5, Oracle 9i/10g environment
- Performed administrative tasks on development and production SQLServer and DB2 databases including backup assurance and recovery support, software installation and upgrades, database and application SQL performance tuning.
- Oracle development DBA support including DDL, PL/SQL, backup/recovery, database creation, upgrades and data loads.
- Provided deployment and production support for SQLServer SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
- Piloted use of Quest Spotlight for database troubleshooting and application SQL capture.
- Implemented SQL Server 2008 data collection, 2005 Performance Dashboard and ported Peformance Dashboard for 2008
- Automated backup verifications on forty+ DB2 OLTP databases, associated staging and SQL Server DW databases.
- Developed scripting to automate expiry of AIX users’ group underlying database security.
- Compiled requirements specifications and participated in evaluation and recommendation of performance tuning tools.
- Served on the data warehouse team in a SQLServer 2000/2005 environment
- Designed and implemented data stores and prepared systems documentation. Designed, coded and debugged T-SQL stored procedures, functions and DTS and SSIS packages to support ETL processing of pharmaceutical and medical claims data for the states of Iowa, West.Virginia and Wyoming
- Performed requirements analysis, design and database development on Pharmaceutical Rebates Invoicing and Disputes Management applications for Iowa and Wyoming
- Developed and maintained reports using Crystal Reports. .
- Monitored backups, scheduled jobs, SQLServer Replication and procedural replication in addition to performing other routine database administration including performance monitoring, space management and database security.
Senior Systems Architect/Data Architect/DBA
- Served on Visa Resolve Online, a 200 table world-wide DB2/Web Sphere system for management of the dispute process and creation of financial adjustments. Supported SQLServer development projects.
- Performed data requirements analysis and modeling. Created conceptual, logical and physical data models to support transaction processing, data warehousing, SOA-based data services using tools including XMLSpy and ERWin .
- Created and deployed incremental development and release-level data and schema migration code packages.
- Developed and maintained UNIX shell scripts, Perl scripts, DB2 and T-SQL stored procedures as well as DTS packages for ETL feeds from OLTP to reporting data warehouse as well as integration of corporate data and data loads.
- Developed and implemented configuration management procedures for database schema and data changes.in multiple development, test and production environments. Prepared test data and code to condition test environments.
- Performed application SQL performance analysis and tuning. Developed the physical schema.
- Developed and maintained a multi-platform framework to analyze release-level schema changes from the database system catalogs to automate generation of data migration/transformation code.
- Developed a Perl code generator to automate creation of database validation triggers. Maintained C language database user defined functions.
- Served on ACES, a project to develop a +600 table, Web-deployed Public Assistance administration system for the State of Maine using WebLogic and Cocobase with Oracle 8i on HP hardware using Oracle Designer.
- Developed the logical and physical data models in Oracle Designer.
- Worked with development team to develop Object/Relational mapping using Cocobase.
- Managed development and deployment of all code and table content. Developed a repository extension to Oracle Designer using Oracle Forms and Perl to manage type-table lookup content.
- Developed a row-level application auditing subsystem using shadow tables and database triggers. Trigger code was created using Perl-based code generators.
- Developed a custom database replication system patterned after OTS Oracle Replication.
- Designed and developed a transaction concurrency model that reduced update traffic by 50%.
- Performed application SQL performance monitoring and tuning. Developed procedures for tagging and re-incorporating tuned SQL back into application code line.
- Responsible for facilities and personnel at a satellite development site charged with the maintenance and enhancement of a 700 user Powerbuilder/Oracle application for the State of Maine.
- Responsible for customer interface, software and data design approval for application maintenance and enhancement activities on the OLTP system and reporting warehouse.
- Supervised a team of thirteen developers and three help desk support representatives.
- Lead the DBA group providing consulting on database and UNIX tuning issues, backup and recovery strategy.
- Installed workflow and problem report tracking with level loading procedures to more accurately project release schedules and improve utilization of personnel.
- Automated call tracking and analysis to evaluate network and application performance trends.
- Implemented SCM and application build procedures to provide for ongoing development as well as support for production software releases.
- Brought all database procedural objects under source control management.
Senior Member of Technical Staff
- Served in project management, development and technical support roles in a manufacturing environment using systems running on IBM MVS/XA and client-server -- using Sun Sparc, HPUX and Windows/NT.
- Development and Production Oracle DBA responsible for installation, upgrade, and operations including OS and RDBMS monitoring and tuning, backup and recovery and schema maintenance on multiple development and production databases running on SunOS, Solaris, and NT.
- Technical lead and data designer on an inventory management system using Oracle Forms, Reports, Perl and Pro*C. Integrated processing on AS/400, 3090 and UNIX to automate material requirements definition, interface with legacy procurement systems and manage warehousing and distribution of Planning Yard ShipAlt material kits. ( )
- Designer using Oracle CASE to build an application integrating AutoCAD drawing data to automate ship’s label plate manufacturing. Development environment was Oracle Forms, Reports and Pro*C. ( )
- Project leader and analyst providing design, DB2, IMS and VSAM CICS/COBOL coding and production support on interfaces between mainframe AMAPS Bill of Materials and a proprietary materials system. ( )
- Team leader on Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) systems development and software acquisition.
- Recommended third party translation software and communications packages.
- Coordinated design, coding and installation of Shipment Status Message and Freight Billing systems interfaces in an IBM COBOL DOS/VSE, MVS/XA environment.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes