Sr. Oracle Dba Resume
- Around 8 years of experience in Oracle database administration in Linux, UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Experience include Installation, Configuration, Upgrades, Space Management, System Maintenance, Patching, data replication, Database security, Troubleshooting database design, Performance Monitoring, Tuning, Backup and Recovery and also includes RAC, ASM, Data Guard, Golden Gate, Data Pump and Grid Control experience.
- Excellent experience in Installation and configuration of Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g, 9i in UNIX/LINUX and Windows environment.
- Upgraded Databases from 9i to 10g, 10g to 11g and 11g to 12c on various platforms.
- Proficient in Database administration activities such as user management, space management, Monitoring, Creating Database, Managing Oracle Instance and Database security and Materialized Views.
- Performance Tuning of the database (Memory Allocation Tuning, I/O Tuning, Tuning Contentions) using oracle 11g tools like AWR, ADDM, Advisories, TKPROF, SQL TRACE,EXPLAIN PLAN for the better performance.
- Performance Monitoring and Tuning of Database using Grid Control & Diagnostic pack (AWR, ASH ADDM).
- Experience in taking full and partial backups, Incremental and Cumulative backups using RMAN (Recovery Manager).
- Experience in taking backup and performing recovery.
- Experience in performing point in time recovery at times of necessity.
- Design and implement backup and recovery including disaster recovery structures.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Oracle 9i/10g/11g RAC on six node and four node configurations.
- Designed and implemented Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) on Linux.
- Experienced in installation and configuration of Oracle cluster ware and Automatic Storage Management (ASM) in RAC environment.
- Experience in conversion of Single Node Instance to multimode RAC with ASM, and adding instance to existing RAC.
- Experience in Migration of Oracle Databases from Non - RAC to RAC and Non-ASM to ASM Instances.
- Experience in Real Application Clusters (RAC) setup with 6 nodes, configuration and cluster interconnection with Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Configured and maintained physical standby databases using Oracle Data Guard to perform quick disaster recovery.
- Experience in maintaining Data Guard to provide high availability by implementing physical standby database and worked with Oracle 11g features, 11g Grid Control.
- Experience in using Golden Gate to support data replication monitoring, tuning and capacity planning.
- Performed Export/Import through Data Pump, worked with data pump to take the logical backups of databases.
- Installed, configured and updated EXADATA machines.
- Experience in Implementing Streams, ODI, Data Pump, Export and Import Utilities.
- Good experience in resolving issues related to installation, upgrades and patches.
- Applied Patch Set Updates to 10g and 11g oracle databases.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in OS level and Database level.
- Worked with development and operations staff in resolving problems quickly and efficiently.
- Experience in Administering Oracle Database using Oracle Enterprise Manager, Toad, and PL/SQL Developer.
- Familiar with Data Warehousing (ETL), Data Mining and OLTP concepts and ASM, SAN.
- Experience in UNIX shell programming.
- Strong skills in SQL* PLUS, SQL* Loader, Import/Export Server Manager.
- Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, Cursors and Triggers etc.
- Exposure to several industry sectors - Finance/Mortgage, Internet/Web advertising, Telecom, State, Retail, Power, Banking/Credit card processing, Federal and Manufacturing.
- Possess good leadership, excellent communication and time management and presentation skills with excellent technical, analytical, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Expertise in leading the teams for maintenance of 24X7 high-availability applications and databases.
- Keeping the database up to date by applying the latest CPU and PSU using the OPATCH utility.
- Experience in User Management by Granting, Revoking Privileges according to requirement.
- Communicated and interfaced with Oracle support via Metal-link to troubleshoot day-to-day database issues.
Database Utilities: DBCA, Recovery Manager (RMAN), Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), OEM Grid Control, Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Management Service (OMS), Real Application Clusters (RAC), Automatic Storage Management(ASM), SQL Navigator,, TOAD, Data Pump (expdp, impdp), Query Analyzer, VERITAS NetBackup, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Golden Gate, Toad 7.6/7.5, SQL Developer
Databases: Oracle 9i, 10g,11g, 12c,RAC 11gR1, RAC11gR2, Data-Guard 9i/10g/11g,Mysql,Microsoft Sql Server 2005,2008.
Tool: /Utilities: Oracle 11gR2, Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSMS, MySQL TKPROF, STATSPACK, EXPLAIN PLAN, Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g/11g/12c,Sql Developer,Putty, mobaXterm
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/2003/XP,, Red Hat Linux 9/8/7.2/7.1/6.2 , HP-UX,AIX 4.3x/5.1/5.2,Sun Solaris 8/9/10
Programming: SQL,PL/SQL,MYSQL,C,C++,UNIX shell scripting, Perl
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Installation and creation of 11g, 12c Databases for Development, Quality and Production environments and upgraded from 11g to 12c.
- Created 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 databases for Testing, Development and Production on Solaris 9.
- Used Data pump for faster export/import of data in various DEV/TEST environments.
- Performing all daily Maintenance tasks including scheduling backup jobs, monitoring job failures and troubleshooting RMAN backup job failures and interacting with Oracle Customer service when required.
- Upgraded and applied CPU patches and bug fixes as and when required and performed database refresh from Prod to Dev. troubleshooting Day-to-Day Users Issues in various modules.
- Worked on configuration of Oracle 11g RAC environment and troubleshoot performance problems.
- Used RMAN for incremental and cumulative backup/restore.
- Setup, configuration and maintenance of standby databases (Oracle Data Guard) to ensure disaster recovery, high availability and data protection.
- Designed GOLDEN GATE data bases to meet business uses.
- Experience in recovering GOLDEN GATE corruptions and managing cluster maintenance mode blackouts.
- Implemented RMAN Image Copy Backup Strategy for very large Databases in minimizing the downtime for recovery.
- Scheduling and maintaining RMAN (Recovery Manager) backups to the FRA.
- Database monitoring and performance tuning using OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager), AWR and ADDM.
- Utilized Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) to manage users, privileges, profiles, schemas.
- Planning Backup/Restoration Strategy, Scheduling Backups, Schema backups, taking Logical Backups (with Export/Import Data Pump utilities).
- Created Users, Roles, Profiles and assigned users to groups and granted privileges and permissions to appropriate groups.
- Applied PSU patches to Oracle Databases and Oracle Applications.
- Created UNIX shell scripts to automate batch jobs through Cron.
- Developed and modified scripts to work efficiently for alerts for ORA error backup and recovery, automatic startup and shutdown databases.
- Responsible for Collecting and analyzing performance statistics for resource consumption and performance anomalies.
- Managing Tablespaces, Datafiles, Rollback segments, Temporary TBS.
- Used EXPORT/IMPORT to do table level and full database imports as per application team requirements.
- Implemented Streams replication between multiple Production databases (22.214.171.124).
- Installed, configured and maintained Oracle 10g Real Application Cluster (RAC).
- Production support for Oracle database 11g/12c RAC. ASM and CRS installation and new database creation for 11g RAC.
- Performed Exadata for OLTP database systems.
Environment: Oracle 11g/12c, Sun Solaris 9, TOAD, Oracle Standby databases, RMAN, Hot backups, Real Application Clusters (RAC) or High Available Databases, Export/Import, Data Pump, Oracle Streams.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Responsible for administration of over 150 Oracle instances.
- Performing all the Database Administration activity like space management in database, user and roles administration, schema management, checking alert log of all the databases.
- Involved in the process of tuning and refining queries of various applications.
- Involved in team management, team building exercises for the Oracle team.
- Installed Oracle 11g Data guard.
- Wrote several shell scripts for checking Oracle errors in alert file and database backup log files.
- Developed startup/shutdown guides, troubleshooting documents, root cause analysis documents.
- Performing Backup/Recovery of all the Oracle databases using RMAN, also setup RMAN catalog for the same.
- Creating table spaces, sizing the system table space, allocating default table spaces for users.
- Involved in installing, implementing 32 bit and 64 bit 10g/11g RAC on Linux servers with ASM storage manager.
- Performing hot and cold backups.
- Creating tables and indexes, sizing their extent, partitioning.
- Restoration and recovery from backup.
- Conducting sizing and capacity planning for oracle databases.
- Creating profiles and attaching them with users.
- Developed database system build sheets, code review check lists, code promotion process documents, outage reporting documents.
- Creating users with restricted access, with default and temporary table spaces.
- Sizing the SGA, DB buffers, shared SQL area, log buffer based on the requirements.
- SQL issues and Tuning Considerations for Different Applications.
- Creating roles and granting to users based on their group requirements.
- Monitoring the table growth, database growth, current users, and system resource usage and so on.
- Experience in SQL*Loader, loading data from text files.
- Knowledge in writing shell scripts for automating backups and restoration.
- Responsible for setting and managing User Management, Space Management granting required privileges to users.
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g, Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux, HP-UX, Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, RMAN, TKPROF, STATSPACK, SQL* Loader.Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Installation of Oracle 11g, 10g, 9i installation and Configuration.
- Build RAC on 6 nodes, 3 node clusters.
- Add/Remove node to/from existing RAC.
- Supported multiple database farms including development/production sizes up to 5 TB for 24/7.
- Designed, Installed and configured the Oracle server software and related products. Upgraded 30+ databases from 126.96.36.199 to 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.3 to 11gR1/R2 on RHEL and AIX.
- Completely build RAC from scratch including OS and RAID configuration.
- Scheduled meetings with application team for database migration review to gather legacy information such as type of application, database options, current oracle configuration, capacity and oracle outstanding tasks.
- Setup and documented Oracle Golden Gate replication on 11g for support team.
- Developed, revised and implemented policies, standards, procedures and guidelines necessary to effectively administer the database environments.
- Ensure databases adhere to corporate standards and policies.
- Worked with application team, developers, change management team and DBA team to ensure smooth life cycle progress from development through testing and production implementation.
- Monitoring and maintaining 2/3 node RAC database on Red Hat Linux.
- Providing support to the development team and handling release schedules.
- Database refreshes using export /import and data pump.
- Used RDA, ADDM and AWR reports to monitor the database performance.
- Used power designer, E/R Studio for data modeling and to estimate the database size, database design reviews.
- Implemented SQL outline to get the better execution plan for the offending queries.
- Setting up analyzing scripts and coordinated with development team to gather table statistics.
- Perform Database Tuning & Performance, Storage Management, Plan growth and changes (capacity planning), Database Monitoring, Security Management and Tuning SQL queries.
- Day to Day General Administration Tablespace Management, Undo Management, Managing Users, Resources, Managing User Privileges and Roles.
- Diagnosed Oracle bugs and coordinating with Oracle support through metalink to resolve them in timely manner.
- Performed various tasks like Administering RAC using SRVCTL, Adding nodes and instances, Administering Storage Components, Parameter Management, and Configuring High Availability Features for RAC.
- Upgrade Data warehouse Database from 8K block size to 32K block size to optimize performance.
- Worked on OLTP and Data warehouse farms.
- Refreshed multiple databases for Development and Testing upon short request.
- Served as part of a 7 member DBA team which was involved in the maintenance of the Oracle 9i/10g database for the Production as well as the development environments.
- Improving the performance of the database by tuning SQL and database instance parameters using Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor and SQL Tuning Advisor in Oracle 10g.
- Created and maintain users, roles and privileges.
- Involved in discussions with the management regarding the advantages/disadvantages and upgrade plans.
- Perform Backup and Recovery thru RMAN.
- Provided technical troubleshooting and give consultation to development teams.
- Performed Database Refreshes and Database Copies for Development, Test and Production databases.
- Implemented basic replication through Materialized Views.
- Initiated cronjobs to review alert logs and dump files to check for any ORA- errors.
- Used Oracle 10g AWR&ADDM to monitor database activities and performance tuning.
- Performed Database Administration using TOAD, Oracle Enterprise Manager and SQL scripts.
- Installed, migrated, configured and tested Oracle 11g databases in various environments.
- Extremely dedicated, self - motivated, Pro-Active and willing to assume responsibility.
Environment: Oracle databases 10g/11g/9i,Linux, Windows, Veritas Cluster, TOAD, OEM 11grid control, Datapump, Exp/Imp, RMAN, Metalink, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS.Confidential - San Antonio, Texas
- Involve in 24x7 on-call support for 12 databases of 2.0 TB 4 Node production 10g and 11g RAC databases using Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control Alert Monitoring and Notification System.
- Performed Installations and backups, migrating Databases from 10g to 11g and applied Patches.
- Oracle HA Stack: Install, Configure, Setup, Maintain and Support Oracle 11gR1, 11gR2,, Physical and Logical Standby database for Test, Development and Production for various home-developed applications like Portfolio Management Systems and vendor applications like SAP Business solutions.
- Administration of SAP Business Solution Application databases like ECC, BW, and SM.
- Addressing and supporting both Test and Development tickets in co-ordination with Application Development Team.
- Develop upgrade roadmap and perform upgrade of Database from 10g to 11g.
- Installing ASM environment and migrating database from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Thorough understanding of architecture and operational mechanism of CRS, GNS, GPNP.
- Configured SCAN as a cluster alias for load balancing and as a client connection failover mechanism.
- Active member in making enterprise hardware infrastructure related decisions with IT management.
- Involve in meetings with top IT management to discuss extremely complex platform migrations.
- Migrating from Oracle 11g Sun Solaris 10 to Oracle 11g RHEL 6.
- Migrated OCR, VD and ASM data from one SAN storage array to another.
- Built Oracle MAA Physical Standby and Logical Standby and configure Data Guard Broker for High Availability/Disaster Recovery purpose.
- Performed SQL Server Replication, Database Mirroring and Log Shipping.
- Experienced with SQL Server DTS (Data Transformation Services).
- Experience using like - Real Application Testing, Table and partition recovery using RMAN, Invisible columns, DDL Logging.
- Extensively used Oracle 11gR2 features - Real Application Testing, automatic SGA tuning, enhanced RMAN with Flash Recovery Area, Block Change Tracking, Merge backup, Oracle Data Pump, big file tablespaces, new EM Grid Control, Database Control, Studio Control, AWR, ADDM, SQL Tuning/Access Advisors, SQL Performance Analyzer, Database Replay, SQL Plan Management, SQL Tuning Automation, Flashback Database, compression techniques.
- Performance Tuning of Oracle Database Objects using tools like EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL*TRACE, TKPROF, STATSPACK for optimized results.
- Working with Application Development team to address any issues they encounter and provide support and resolution action plan.
- Write SQL scripts to monitor table space and extent growth.
- Installing and configuring Recovery Manager (RMAN) efficient backup strategy to disks and tapes using best business practices.
- Generated scripts for daily maintenance activity like analyzing the tables/indexes, and monitoring their growth rate.
- Automation of Startup Shutdown on all Production and Development Database.
- SQL Tuning for Performance of Objects.
- Worked on Capacity Planning, Space Management, Security Management, Auditing, Shell scripting, Memory and Tuning.
Environment: Oracle 9i, 10g /11g with RAC, Oracle Data Guard, HP-UX 11i v3,, Sun Solaris 10, RHEL 6.x, TOAD, SUSE 10,11.
- Performing all the Database Administration activities like installation, configuration, cloning, patching, upgrade, performance tuning, backup & recovery, space management in database, user and roles administration, schema management.
- Installation, Configuration, Upgrade, patching of Oracle RDBMS and applications.
- Monitored Production Databases, Performed performance tuning, added data files, resized segments, and table spaces.
- Installed and configured Oracle 10g.
- Migrated Oracle 9i database to Oracle 10g.
- Storage and space management including table spaces and data files.
- Monitoring Database for fragmentation and correcting them.
- Database performance tuning using STATPACK, TKPROF, SQL Trace, Explain Plan.
- Monitoring and Management of table space growth, extent growth.
- Planning and implementation of Backup and recovery procedures and Maintenance of Database.
- Performed Backup/Recovery using RMAN.
- Wrote scripts for Startup, Shutdown and automation of backups.
- Monitoring Scheduled jobs of the daily activities for the performance of all the databases.
- Prepare the documents of the process and knowledge transferring about the project to the new team members.
- Worked with the development team to solve the issues.
- Checking alert log of all the databases.
- Involved in the process of tuning and refining queries of various applications.
- Written scripts for Health Check of Databases, Analyzing of Tables and Rebuilding of Indexes.
- Interfacing with Oracle Corporation for technical support.
Environment: Oracle Database 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, Sun Solaris 2.5, 2.6, Shell scripting
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes