More than eighteen years experience in the field of Information Technology. Eleven years experience as a DBA Operational Development . Performed all aspect of Oracle database administrations. Provided end to end operational DBA support for mission support systems. Managed database objects, created and managed multi instances for production, staging and development systems. Extensively used OEM to monitor, tune instances and schemas to improve system and applications performance. Upgraded oracle software and applied patches. Resolved production issues and tickets. Wrote UNIX shell scripts, managed backup and recovery using RMAN. Provided 24/7 operational support. Installed and managed Oracle, JBOSS, Apache server in both UNIX and WINDOWS environment. Performed database development work as well as data modeling physical and logical design of database. Developed extensive PL/SQL programs, automated programs and scheduled jobs in Oracle server. Worked as a project leader, earned Master's in engineering from University of Texas with a highest GPA, studied Software Engineering in George Mason University and earned 42 graduate credits.
Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g, 9.x, 8.x, 7.x, OEM, Oracle RAC, ASM, Grid Control, Data Guard 10g, Oracle Financial 11i, 10.4, Weblogic, MS Access, MS SQL Server 2008, BIDS, Data warehouse Builder, DB2, Oracle CASE Method, SQL, PL/SQL, PERL, Developer 2000, Oracle Designer, Discoverer BI, JDeveloper, Oracle Data Warehouse Builder, DBA studio, MS Windows, Sun UNIX 4.0/Solaries 2.3, MS DOS, JAVA, XML, STYLUS X-QUERY , SQL, C, HTML, FORTRAN, Crystal Report, TOAD, AREV, GIS, BlueJ, Putty, and Win CVS, Rational Rose, Visual Paradign, ERWIN, MS Visio. COCOMO II, MS power point, MS word and Excel, Microsoft Project 2007, Oracle Financial
- DISA Defense Information Systems Agency Project: Installed and configured UNIX, Oracle 11g, RMAN, JBOSS, Oracle SQL developer, SQL Data Modeler. Troubleshoot, repair, and patch database and web servers. Analyze and determine data management needs, storage requirements and reporting capabilities. Execute tasks such as backup, recovery, testing and auditing. Develop policies, procedures and standards. Assisting application developers with database aspects of development. Rollout new application code in various production and non-production environments. Migrated date from production, test and staging environment. Replicated databases, applied passes, Creates and maintains schema, users, roles, tablespace, datafile. Perform reverse engineering, gather requirements, developed data model, evaluate system and improve performance. Create and develop data dictionary for systems. Synchronize test and staging environment with the production. Evaluated and modify XML schema for APPIAN BPM software.
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Development DBA: Performed data modeling, database physical design using ERWIN. Created database object like Tables, constraints, indexes, synonyms, views, materialized views, etc. Created and assigned roles, created users and assigned quotas. Estimated table size to house current and future data. Developed PL/SQL procedures, triggers, packages, functions. Fine tuned backend program and improved performance. Performed data loading using SQL loader. Arranged weekly and standup status meeting and discussed project progress and schedule and resolved any issues. Prepared data dictionary. Created database objects such as tables, views, sequences, constraints, synonyms, grants, materialize views, database links, etc. Scheduled jobs that run on a timely fashion. Created package, function, procedure and trigger. Created indexes and hints to improve performance. Monitored performance of applications and generate explain plan and implement them in the production. Wrote and modify shell scripts, import reference data to the system. Perform export and import of databases, performed data blinding. Maintains source control and configuration management using Win-CVS and SVN. Implemented security, collect and analyze data requirements, metadata management utilizing SQL performs data flow, interface, context diagrams defines software and database architecture applies project management practices including developing plans and schedules by using a work breakdown structure WBS , estimates resource requirements, quality and risks creates technical write ups and reports, prepares presentation Independently plans, implements, reports on, and evaluates project tasks, manage and mentors developers, provides technical advice
- Operational DBA: Manage and maintain logical database structures, physical structures, data, file systems, disk sub-systems, accounts/passwords, logical and physical backups, and database tuning. Perform DBA tasks to install, configure, test, maintain, backup, recover, patch, and upgrade. Perform Oracle database analysis, design, and implementation. Interface with Oracle Tech Support for information gathering, trouble-shooting, and general technical support for Oracle security patches, installs, upgrades, etc. Tune, administer, and maintain Oracle instance. Develop and document procedures for backup and recovery of Oracle. Administer and maintain instances according to set standards. Deploy and administer a functional Grid Control environment. Patch, upgrade, and maintain all Oracle binaries. Scan all database instances and recommend security mitigations of vulnerabilities to the DBA team. Provide risk assessment reports to management for accreditation of systems. Document and implement security procedures. Work independently within a close team construct and coordinate with various teams in a timely manner and in accordance with defined standards and practices. Communicate with project managers as to the progress of open items and work with other security specialists, the database group, or other infrastructure resources as needed Performed instance recovery. Wrote UNIX scripts to backup and maintain database. Implemented security. Provided database change and release management. Hands on experience with Oracle RAC.
- SQL SERVER DBA: Install, configure and troubleshoot multiple SQL Server 2000, 2008, 2012 databases. Developed triggers, stored procedure, views, etc. Worked for SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and SQL Server Reporting Services.
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Veteran Health Affairs Financial Project VHA : I was the technical manager for this 37 million dollar project I performed the role of the project manager to fill the offside project manager's role. I monitored the project progress and participated in IT management activities to include planning, and budgeting for the VHA Project. I supervised, developed and fostered a team of six developers. I helped hiring process for positions and performed salary recommendations. I made presentation and briefing to the management and upper management. I wrote functional spec documents and handed to the developer. I resolved technical issues, debug code, reviewed design documents, and wrote test cases against requirements. I performed work schedules and task management for the project. I conducted weekly internal development team meetings to access progress and teams to take self-correcting actions to address variances and Conduct a biweekly audit session to assess the health of the project. I performed project critical path analysis. I created a planned schedule for use as a baseline using COCOMO II and bottom up estimates from the WBS packages.
Sr. Oracle DBA
- NOAA National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration : Installed and maintained oracle instances. Installed oracle software and performed patching and upgrade. Developed database schemas and instances. Created uses, roles, quotas, tablespaces, datafiles. Performed instance backup and recovery. Monitored instance failure and critical alerts. Performed Data Model and server model for the system using Oracle Designer. Performed data migration using pl/sql and oracle SQL Loader. Created Unix Scripts Sun Solaris to compile forms and reports and copy /move them into the production web server 9iAS /10g. Migrated oracle 9i to 10g in UNIX environment. Developed PL/SQL programs.
Sr. Oracle DBA
- Installed Oracle Database and Created instances for US Navy's CAP project. Created and managed users, roles, and database objects. Performed Export, Import, backup and recovery of database. Performed capacity planning. Installed patches. Managed web server for reports and forms.
- Performed database design for the EPA's confidential Business Information Tracking Systems. Design, Develop, Code and Test for Forms and Reports for the TRAX system. Fixed bugs of beta testing for the TRAX system. Defined schemas and generating XML export files from the AREV legacy system using a 3rd party vendor XPORT defined XSL style sheet for the migration.
Environment: Oracle 8i, Solaris 7, Oracle Designer 6i, Developer 4.5, Crystal report 7