Experience in Oracle Database Administration Installation, Configuration, Patch Installation, Migration, Upgrades, Backup and Recovery, Cloning, Replication, Database Security, Memory Management, Data Modelling, Performance Monitoring and Tuning, RAC, Data Guard, Grid Control, Oracle Streams.
- Installation Configuration and administration of Oracle 11g/10g/9i database on OEL, RHEL, Windows, UNIX and Sun Solaris in OLTP environments.
- Installation and configuration of RMAN with and without Recovery Catalog on Oracle 11g/10g/9i.
- Design and implementation of Backup and Recovery strategies both cold and hot backups and performing periodical backup, restoration and recovery using RMAN full and incremental
- Testing and implementing different physical and logical backup and recovery methods including point in time, media recovery, full/partial, Data pump and export/import.
- Migration of the databases among different platforms and environments.
- Migrated and Upgraded databases to 11g and 10g
- Up gradation of databases applying patches, patch sets and critical patch updates.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle Server 11g RAC with ASM on multi node systems, 11g, 10g and 9i in different operating systems for OLTP environment on Very Large Databases VLDB .
- Configuration and Management of Data Guard on RHEL, OEL and Windows.
- Extensive experience with Database Cloning and Refreshing pre-prod/dev databases with prod/pre-prod databases.
- Extensive experience in installation and implementing OEM and TOAD.
- Monitoring and Optimization of database performance through database tuning, system tuning and application tuning.
- Experience in SQL Tuning, Optimization, cost based optimization and Hints
- Delivering Oracle Database performance-tuning services for customers with EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, SQL TRACE.
- Proficient in INDEXREBUILDING and INDEX TUNING
- Working experience in creating materialized views.
- 24 7 on-call production database support and maintenance including remote database support
- Database : Oracle 11g, Oracle 10g, Oracle 9i.
- Oracle Products : OEM, RMAN, SQL, Exports/Imports, Data pump, OBIEE
- Operating systems : OEL, RHEL, Sun Solaris, Windows XP Professional/2003 Professional
- Programming Languages : SQL, PL/SQL, C , C, C
- Other Tools : INFORMATICA, TOAD, Erwin, Putty, Oracle Streams, Golden gate
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Oracle RDBMS and Client software in various environments.
- Migration of databases from 10g to 11g using export/import and data pump export/import utilities.
- Setup of Jobs using the Oracle Enterprise Manager OEM database control.
- Oracle Grid Control11g Installation and Configuration.
- Configuration of Physical Standby database for maximum performance mode Oracle Data Guard.
- Daily incremental backup and weekly full backup of databases using RMAN.
- Loading data into database tables using SQL Loader.
- Implemented Materialized views, database links.
- Regular database management on 10g and 11g OEM.
- Performed day-to-day activities such as creating users, roles, schemas, tables, views, indexes and rebuilding Indexes and running scripts given by the clients.
- Table space monitoring, Performance monitoring and tuning for performance improvement.
- Granting roles and privileges to end users.
- Managing, troubleshooting and resolving oracle database and application issues.
- Daily health check up of the database using TKPROF, AWR, and ADDM.
- Monitoring alert log/system log.
- Managing Database Locks and blocking sessions.
- Defragmentation of tables and indexes for improved performance and efficiency.
Environment: Oracle 10g, 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Control, TOAD, SQL Developer, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, HTML
- Installed and Configured Oracle 10gdatabases on Linux and also Upgraded Oracle databases from 10g to 11g
- Maintenance of around 20 databases combined on all the production, development and testing environments.
- Implemented Oracle Database 10g Two node Real Application Cluster RAC using Oracle Cluster-ware and responsible for high availability and load balancing.
- Configured Oracle Data guard for Oracle Disaster recovery.
- Achieved High Availability, Data protection and Maximum performance by maintaining both physical and logical standby databases.
- Restoration and Recovery of databases at the times of occurrence of critical failures.
- Responsible for installing, upgrading and configuring the Oracle environment by creating databases, storage structures and objects, database backup and recovery, monitoring and optimizing database performance.
- Implemented Oracle database backup recovery solutions using RMAN.
- Extensive use of Oracle Data pumps, Exports/Imports utility for moving data among the servers.
- Created User accounts, Roles and granting required access permissions and privileges to the database based on the applications they are accessing.
- Used oracle configuration assistants like DBCA Database Configuration Assistant for Creating databases, DBUA Database Upgrade Assistant for Upgrading databases and NETCA Network Configuration Assistant for creating a Client-Server environment using Listener, TNS names etc.,
- Responsible for migration of databases.
- Responsible in configuring and backing up database using RMAN, Hot backups, Cold backups and Logical backups.
- Implemented advanced feature of Oracle 10g such as Automatic Workload Repository AWR for monitoring database performance.
- Estimate growth of database size by detail analysis of the company's future policies and generating reports for the management to act in advance.
Environment: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x and 5.x, AIX 5.2, OEM, Oracle 10g RAC, TOAD, EXPLAINPLAN.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle software 10g version.
- Created databases, allocated system storage and planned future storage requirements for the database.
- Installed Oracle and related tools, upgraded the database and applied patches as and when required.
- Configured and maintained Standby Databases in OLTP environment to automatically synchronize with production database.
- Configured the Data guard for switchover and failover and thereby providing high availability.
- Coordinated operating system setup/upgrades and infrastructure troubleshooting in partnership with system administrators.
- Implemented Recovery Manager RMAN Recovery Catalog performed Complete and Incomplete recovery.
- Performed Hot Backups and maintained database availability to support non-stop Business operations.
- Implemented Cloning to migrate data from PROD to Test and Dev databases.
- Performed Capacity planning and storage management.
- Estimation of database growth and analysis.
- Reorganization of tables and rebuilding of indexes.
- Maintained a disaster recovery site and planned and instituted disaster recovery process.
- Coordination with the team and ORACLE Support for troubleshooting the database issues.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts to backup and recover the Oracle databases.
- Modified shell scripts for backup and recovery, Imported and exported procedure, implementing transportable table spaces.
- Worked as a team member to provide 24x7 on-call production database support.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, LINUX, Windows 2003 server, OEM, Shell Scripting, PL/SQL.
Jr. Oracle DBA
- Involved in the optimization of various SQL and PL/SQL using EXPLAIN PLAN and TKPROF.
- Involved in optimizing SQL statements using Indexes and Hints.
- Involved in writing SQL statements.
- Developed backup and recovery strategies, batch processing, performance monitoring, log maintenance and automating functions wherever possible.
- Co-ordinated with System administrators, application developers for various activities.
- Maintained database security by managing users roles, privileges. Implemented new security rules via roles as per the company policies.
- Tuned the performance of the SQL's using TkProf reports.
- Performed security management and accessibility control by managing OS and Password file authentication, creating profiles, privileges and roles.
Environment: PL/SQL, Oracle 10g, TOAD, SQL PLUS, PL/SQL Developer, HP-UX 11.0.
Jr. Oracle DBA/ Oracle Developer
- Developed and modified PL/SQL code to make new enhancements or resolve problems as per customer requirements.
- Involvement in all phases of the project life cycle.
- Involved in optimization of various SQL and PL/SQL using Explain plan and TKPROF.
- Involved in creation and modification of different PL/SQL objects like packages, stored procedures and triggers.
- Made use of reference cursors in stored procedures for report generation.
- Co-ordinated with system administrators, application developers for various activities.
- Involved in optimizing SQL statements using indexes and hints.
- Created complex analytical using Inline view, Lexical parameters with oracle reports in 9i.
Environment: Oracle 9i, PLSQL, TOAD, SQL PLUS, HP-UX 11.0.