To obtain a challenging Oracle/SQL Server Database Administrator/Architect position that can utilize my experience in database implementation, security, integrity, recovery, clustering, and production support.
Summary of Qualifications
Certified Oracle Professional with 10 years Database Administrator Oracle/SQL Server experience in Unix/Linux/Windows environments and 8 years application development experience. A logical, analytical problem solver, motivated team player. Proficient in instance and SQL tuning. Expertise in Oracle RAC and ASM Administration/Installation. Expert in SQL Server clusters and AlwaysOn.
Oracle Development Tools:
Oracle Fusion Middleware:
Oracle E-Business Suit:
Application s/w Tools:
Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, mongoDB, Hadoop, Visual Foxpro, MS Access
Linux Red Hat, Windows Server, Oracle Solaris, and SCO UNIX 7
Oracle Developer 2000 Form 6i, Report 6i, Graphics 6i , Oracle BI Discoverer 10gR2RAC
Oracle Migration Workbench, Oracle SQL Developer, SQL Server Migration Assistant, MySQL Workbench - Database Migrate
Oracle WebLogic, SOA11g, IDAM OAM, OIM, OID , ODI
Oracle EBS Applications R12
Oracle Hyperion essBase System 9 admin, integration, provider, foundation services
Visual Basic, Visual C .net, VFP, Access, HBase, Pig, Eclipse, Python with dJango
Erwin, DIA, Visio, Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler 3, Toad Data Modeler
Toad, Apache, IIS, Dreamweaver, Flash, Crystal Report 8-10, LogMiner, VMWare, Virtual
Box, TightVNCClient, VCN server, Putty, FileZilla, WinSCP, CoreFTP, OS Watcher Black
Box, StarWind, nmap, snort, wireshark, tcpdump, Teamviewer,
Test Director 6/8, QTP 8/ 9, Load Runner 8
Oracle DBA Contractor
- Migration of existing databases into new servers cross platform
- Monitor and tuning the Oracle instances and Objects.
- Re-establish the standby database
- Create, update PL/SQL modules
- Create a development environment with multi nodes of RAC with ASM on Oracle 12c
- Documentation of maintenance procedures
- Installation of Oracle Client software
SQL Server Oracle DBA Contractor
- Migrated SQL server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 R2 in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition.
- Installed and administered Multi-Node cluster Active/Passive on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition on SAN environment.
- Migrated SSIS packages from SQL Server 2005 to SSIS 2008 R2.
- Extensively worked on SQL Server Integration Services SSIS and SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS .
- Recovering the databases from backup in disasters with implementing Point-In-Time Recovery solutions.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency.
- Involved in Source Data Analysis, analysis and designing mappings for data extraction.
- Responsible for Design and Development of SSIS Packages to load the Data from various Databases and Files.
- Experience in using SQL Server Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor DTA , and SQL Server Agent.
- Rebuilding/Monitoring the indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Expert in Using DMVs, Performance dash board, Mirroring, Log Shipping, Replication, database snapshots and tracking Performance Counters.
- Expert in implementing the snapshot isolation and T-SQL triggers, procedures, functions.
- Responsible for monitoring and making recommendations for performance improvement in hosted databases with creation, removal, and modification the indexes, file group modifications, and adding scheduled jobs to re-index and update statistics in databases.
- Implemented Data partitioning, Error Handling through TRY-CATCH-THROW statement, Transparent Data Encryption TDE , and SQL Server Service Broker.
- Assign and maintain security groups and permission levels for users within active directory and SQL Server authentication securities.
- Applied patches and hot fixes as required in cluster and non-cluster environment.
- Administration, configure, monitor services of cluster, network, desktop and managing firewall, event logs, windows system services with using PowerShell script.
- Data Refresh/Cloning from Production environment to setup QA/ DEV. Allocate system storage and plan future storage requirements for the database system
- Developed some proactive scheduled jobs for monitor and tuning the database performance on SQL Server system likes most using IO queries, expensive queries by CPU time, poor performing queries, long running queries, collecting failed login attempt information, collect databases free space statistics, wait stats information, etc
- Provide application support for in-house systems Digital Assets Management, Contents Management System, Workflow System for Tablets, Digital Assets Reporting Tool, Editorial File Servers
- Installed and configured Oracle 11gR2 software on LINUX/Windows operating systems.
- Implementation and support of 10g and 11g, upgrades from Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g databases.
- Performed oracle Software's Installations, Creation of new stand-alone and clustered databases.
- Administering and setting up of 11g RAC clusterware and instances.
- Scheduled RMAN backups, purge jobs, maintenance Jobs using DBMS JOBS, DBMS SCHEDULER and Crontab.
- Developed RMAN scripts for database back up including hot and cold backup options for both RAC and stand-alone instances.
- Performed RMAN recovery from previous either full backup, or incremental backups.
- Troubleshoot the performance issues on databases, using STATSPACK, EXPLAINS PLAN, SQL TRACE, TKPROF reports.
- Developed RMAN Backup strategies for cloning the test databases with the production environment and worked on RMAN active database duplication.
- Applied quarterly CPU and other patches as required in RAC and non-RAC environment.
- Generated Statspack/AWR reports using OEM 12C from Oracle 11g database and analyzed the reports for Oracle wait events, time consuming SQL queries, tablespace growth, database growth.
- Created of new indexes, used Oracle hints in SQL Query to improve the performance of SQL statements.
- Setting up High Availability Oracle GoldenGate systems on Oracle 11gR2 RAC environments
- Installing and configuring OGG heterogeneous environments from Oracle to MS SQL Server.
- Experience on Oracle Data Vault to restricts access to specific areas in an Oracle database from any user
- Implement and review Data Guard with physical standby databases
- Provide application support for in-house systems ADMARC financial system
Oracle SQL Server DBA Contractor
- Installed, migrated, configured and tested Oracle 11g databases in various environments.
- Implemented Data Guard with Physical Standby database.
- Utilized SQL Loader to perform bulk data loads into database tables from flat files.
- Worked on RMAN duplication, converting data files across different platform, Transportable Tablespace in cross-platform.
- Data Refresh/Cloning from Production environment to setup QA/DEV.
- Created primary objects tables, views, indexes, synonyms, procedures, functions and triggers to help application developers with the application design.
- Worked with applied patches.
- Experienced with ASM, adding, deleting disks to the disk group.
- Daily Oracle DBA tasks such as Oracle network trouble shooting, tablespace usage monitoring, rebuild index / tables etc.
- Setting up of Oracle and Application user accounts, roles, granting access permissions to the database and monitoring application security.
- Configured database entries and Monitoring of all the databases using Oracle Enterprise Manager OEM 10g/11g grid control and TOAD.
- Create a development environment of replication technologies of Golden Gate to sync the data real time from source to target.
- Performed SQL tuning based on reports generated by SQL Trace, ASH, AWR, Explain Plan and improve the performance by Using the Hints, Indexes.
- Involved in monitoring the lock processes, releasing locks in case of resource blockage and gathering statistics.
- Configured and Managed ASM disks and disk groups thru both Grid Control and ASMCMD utility.
- Experience with SQL, DDL, DML, DCL, PL/SQL coding, stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers
- Detect corrupted blocks by using DBVERIFY utility and schedule jobs by DBMS scheduler
- Data Modeling, Database Design and Creation using ER-Win.
- UNIX Shell scripting for database monitoring, backup and to simplify day to day activities Managed and resolved design issues during development
- Used FTP to transfer the files into different servers as per needed by the business users.
- Provide application support for in-house systems SIMS Mirror. Transfer Evaluation System, Student Retention and Development System, and Appeals Pro
- Installed SQL Server 2008 Failover Cluster on Windows Server 2008.
- Maintained, configured, and performance tuning databases on Production.
- Created stored procedures, triggers and functions in T-SQL.
- Worked on logical and physical data base modeling with UML and ERWIN tools.
- Worked on DR processes including Log Shipping and Database Mirroring.
- Experience in Batch processes, Import, Export, Backup, Database Monitoring tools and Application support.
- Monitored SQL server performance using SQL Profiler to find performance and dead locks.
- Performed bulk data loads with data transformation services like SSIS and Bulk Insert.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages including upgrading DTS to SSIS.
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore by using SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
Oracle Developer Contractor
- Created Oracle Business Intelligence reports using Discoverer 10g on Oracle Enterprise Data Warehouse VLDB to monitor finance activities, fraud detection, and data duplication.
- Developed PL/SQL Packages, Queries, Triggers, Procedures, Functions, and Views
- Worked with Oracle hints to optimize queries
- Applied data mining tools against Welfare Management System WMS : Individual Status Analysis, Case Status, Reconciled Payment, MA Budget EDW: Adjudicated Claims NYCWAY: Action Source, FIA3A, Time Limits, Earned Income
Oracle DBA Permanent
- Responsible to performed conceptual data modeling, logical data modeling, physical data modeling, data warehouse design, implementation, and maintenance as a Production DBA
- Reviewed and analyzed databases against business requirements.
- Reorganized databases and sized database objects to meet standards and improve performance
- Implemented hot-cold backup and recovery procedures of database's tables, indexes, tablespaces with or without using RMAN Implemented Oracle physical standby database for disaster recovery
- Collaborate with Security, Application, and Technology enterprise architecture functions to develop and manage the data architecture element of the overall Enterprise Architecture.
- Provided administration support to maintenances the database objects on SQL Server 2005
- Wrote scripts for automated startup and shutdown Oracle databases
- Provided technical support to Oracle developers to writing error free, high performance, efficient PL/SQL code
- Support development, test and production environments using oracle developer 2000 Forms and Reports expertise.
- Worked as an administrator on Automated System for Customs Data ASYCUDA application.
Oracle DBA Programmer Permanent
- Installing Oracle 9i software, creating Oracle databases, managing users, security, schema objects
- Proactively monitoring daily, weekly, and monthly basis checkup Oracle database health, handled database server tuning, application tuning, monitoring alert log, listener log, trace files, capacity planning, database security
- Determine the effectiveness of existing technologies and processes in relation to the data architecture design create necessary implementation, migration and ensure the secure backups and recoveries plans
- Proficient with database architecture tools and understand the value of architectural design.
- Expert in data analysis, migration, modeling, integration and data warehousing concepts and application
- Responsible to SQL Server performance monitoring and tuning, DDL Changes, database backups, recoveries, data load, unloads, and refresh the test environments
- Responsible to install, create databases, manage users, security, schema objects with SQL Server 2000
- Experience in design, development, testing and implementation of industrial applications such as Accounting, Payroll, Store Management Systems with using VB6, VFP6 as front-end and SQL Server 2000, Access97 database as back-end, with using Crystal Report9
- Strong back-end data manipulation background using Activex DLL, COM programming style.
- Experienced in planning, designing, developing, and deploying testing strategies for Client-Server Apps on Windows
- Execution of Test scripts from Test Director Wrote load test scripts using Loadrunner QTP Descriptive Programming
- Work Knowledge on Custom Information Management System CIMS project