Summary of Qualifications Oracle Database Administrator with more than 14 years of extensive experience in managing very large critical databases in finance industry. Main function in current company are to provide high level dedicated database support to Group Finance and work closely with engineering and data architect in designing, planning and execution of custom database architecture to meet business requirement.
- Oracle7-Oracle11gR2 Database administration
- Oracle12c new planning for upgrade
- Oracle OEM
- Oracle RAC
- Oracle ASM
- Oracle Exadata x2,x3,X4
- Shell scripting
- Oracle RMAN
- EMC SRDF for DR
- Oracle Dataguard Broker plus active standby
- Oracle database gateway for Sybase
- Oracle flashback/snapshot technology
Oracle Database Administrator
- Primary level 3 database administrator for UBS Group Finance supporting their large database ranging from from 1TB to 60TB in size and thousands of global oracle database around the globe. Technology products involved are Oracle Exadata V2/X2/X3/X4,Solaris, RetHat Linux, EMC Storage CX/DMX/VMAX, SRDF, Backtrack, Oracle RAC, Oracle ASM Storage, RMAN, Active DataGuard, OEM, Commvault Simpana and Goldengate replication
- Working closely with business IT in performance tuning, database migration strategy, storage capacity planning, database restore for audit request or recovery, DR solution with SRDF or Data guard/Active Dataguard.
- As one UBS Dbservices Global team in infrastructure weekend for massive database related maintenance such an upgrade or bug fixes for up to 4000 databases. And some global product certification such as Commvault SIMPANA backup product certification for all global database.
- Work closely with business database architecture team in pre-certification new product requirement such cross-platform database migration from Solaris to Linux platform, migrated database to first Oracle Exadata X2 platform.
- Working on database as service DBAAS project using Oracle Exadata as a platform to simplify database delivery and consolidation.
- Work with Oracle support for any oracle release bug.
Oracle DBA Consultant
- Primary Oracle DBA in supporting and administering the financial reporting datawarehouse database in RAC and Non-Rac on Solaris and Linux platform.
- Worked closely with data architect, ETL developer and front-end developer in developing, maintaining, loading and performance tuning.
- Worked closely with Infra team to migrate the database to EMC CX storage.
- Maintained and supported various database related software such Informatica, Business object, AppWorx.
- Consolidated and rewrote all independence shell scripts into data model and store in Oracle tables and automated all batch jobs thru this project.
- Involved and supported various financial reporting datawarehouse projects.
Oracle DBA Consultant
- Provided daily database administration support for their financial reporting databases.
- Monitored weekly data feed into database.
- Performed backup and recovery.
- Wrote Oracle scripts for the some ETL process.
- Helped developer to construct stored procedures and functions.
- Helped Application Developer and User to write more efficient query and solve Oracle Forms issues.
Network Upgrade Consultant
- Planned and upgraded Novell Netware 4.1 to 5.1 on all Connecticut branches servers.
- Installed and configured Novell NAS for remote client administration.
- Principal Technical support for Oracle RDBMS product, Developer/2000 and ERWin modeling tools.
- Provided technical consulting to client in database planning, design, installation and performance tuning.
- Assisted clients in migrating non Oracle database to Oracle Database including rewriting stored procedure, function, trigger and packages.
- Performed database upgrade for client as part of our services
- Installed and configured Solaris for Oracle database.
- Installed and configured oracle database Solaris, Windows NT, Novell, UnixWare, SCO-Unix.