Highly motivated, quick learner with over 11 years experiences working in the IT industry specializing in Oracle database, Exadata machine and Oracle GoldenGate administration and development. Proven ability to solve a wide variety of software and business issues. Excellent analytical, organizational, multi tasking, planning and problem solving skills. Operate well independently or within a team. Eager to increase my knowledge and add to my technical skill set. Deal well under pressure and with rigorous deadlines. Looking for a challenge and love creative solutions to complex problems.objective
- Oracle DBA(Database Administrator) and PL/SQL Developer
- Oracle Exadata and GoldenGate Administrator
- Linux/Unix System Administrator
- A Senior Oracle DBA offering 11+ years of progressive experience, specializing in high volume, high visibility production and development environments. Skilled in designing and preparing databases configurations for complex and resource intesive applications.
- More than 11 years experiences in Information Technology industry, especially in database and unix like platform system administrator such as Linux / IBM AIX / HP UX / Oracle(Sun) Solaris / BSD.
- More than ten years experiences in Oracle database administration, including design, development, implementation, migration, upgrading, maintenance and production support of complex database applications and huge data warehouse system.
- 5+ years solid hands on experiences in Installation / Configuration / Performance Tuning / Trouble shooting Oracle GoldenGate (OGG) in Oracle to Oracle homogeneous environments and heterogeneous environments (including Oracle to Oracle and MS SQL Server to Oracle).
- Three years experiences in Oracle Exadata database machine administration, patching, upgrading, performance tunning and trouble shooting.
- First hands experiences in setting up Oracle Goldengate one way, two way/bi directional, active to active and active to passive data replication with conflict detection and resolutions. Extensive skills in upgrading OGG 11gR2 to 12c, configuring OGG in RAC high available environment.
- Deep understanding Oracle Goldengate internal mechanism, OGG new features such as Integrated capture, native DDL capture, coordinate apply mode, multi threaded replicat. Developed home cooked OGG lag monitoring scripts and configure OGG monitoring plug in in OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) 12c.
- First hands on skills about Exadata hardware architecture including Storage, Grid and Infiniband. Deep understanding of key Exadata features including HCC (Hybrid Columnar Compression), Smart Scan, Smart Flash Cache, Storage Index and Storage Management.
- Proficient in Oracle database backup & recovery strategies plan and implementation such as user managed backup, RMAN backup with/without catalog, cold and hot backup, full / incremental backup.
- Strong exepriences with monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolving database issues in 24x7 production environment.
- Highly skilled in SQL and PL/SQL Tuning, TKProf, Explain Plan. Expertise in monitoring and performance tuning of Oracle database through tuning application, memory and disk by using Statspack/AWR/ADDM/SQL Advisor.
- Six years solid hands on experiences and outstanding troubleshooting skills to Setup / Configure / Monitor / Maintain Oracle 10g/11g RAC / ASM / Data Guard environments.
- Experience with Oracle 10g/11g new features: Flash Back Recovery, Data Pump, ASM, ASH, AWR, ADDM, ASSM, ASMM, Automatic Undo Management, Grid Monitoring and Recycle Bin.
- Excellent English writing, verbal and communication skills. Strong team player and be able to work alone. Highly self motivated and able to adapt and learn new technologies quickly.
- DATABASE: Oracle 10g/11g/12c, MySQL 5.x
- LANGUAGE: SQL, PL/SQL Perl, Korn/Bash Shell, Java, C/C++
- PLATFORM: Oracle Exadata, Redhat Linux, IBM AIX, HP UX, Oracle Solaris, FreeBSD and Windows
- DATA REPLICATION: Oracle GoldenGate
- MONITORING: Oracle OEM 12c.
- TOOLS: SQL/Plus, Toad, SQL Developer, DBArtisan
professional history Confidential,Chicago, IL
Position: Senior Oracle DBAand GoldenGate Administrator
- Working as a DBA in the Database Support Team to support (daily On Call rotation) production and non production environments.
- Install the Oracle GoldenGate (OGG) software to implement one way/two way data replicate process, enable DML/DDL data replicate, setup the heart beat table to monitor OGG replicate lag and provide real time lag report.
- Implementing High Availability Oracle Golden Gate (OGG) from front end OLTP environments to back end Data Warehouse (ODS) systems on Oracle 11gR2 RAC environments.
- Application DBA leader for a large number of tuning projects. Working with third party developers on SQL code review and quality control. Performance load testing and tuning application, SQL code, and database instance by using a wide range of technologies including ADDM, AWR, ASH, OEM Performance Manager and home cooked scripts by using Korn shell/Perl.
- Participated in analysis and designing of Oracle Exadata Server for infrastructure and related projects. Assisted in integration of Exadata applications into current IT actionable events and solutions.
- Upgrading and migrating the database to different version depending on Business requirements. (For Example 10g R2 to 11gR1, 11gR2 to 10gR2 on different OS). Applying CPU, PSU and other patches using opatch utility.
- Duplicate all the non production databases on Exadata server according the Data Warehouse development project' s requirement. Help to compress large volume partition table by using Oracle HCC (Hybrid Columnar Compression) techniques.
- Partitioned tables Maintenance, adding new partitions, exchanging one year old partitions then archiving of the exchanged partitions, dropping or truncating of old portions.
- Monitor and fully analyze performance issues in production Oracle databases by using AWR/ADDM/OEM 12c and home cooked scripts.
- Software and firmware maintenance of the Exadata storage servers in the Database machine including routine health check, patching and upgrades according to the suggestions from Oracle support department.
- Maintenance of production database and development database which includes table space management, user creation, and privileges, roles. support RMAN backup and recovery including physical backups and logical backups by using data pump(Exp/Imp) tool. Extensively develop and maintain Korn shell and Perl scripts.
- Worked on Sev1, Sev2 Issues and also providing 24x7 On Call Support and provided on call and day to day support.
Confidential, Warren, NJ
Position: Senior Oracle Database Administrator
- Perform CORE DBA tasks such as Database Administration on Oracle 9i, 10g and 11g environments, performance tuning, Schema creation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Architecting, planning, designing, developing, deploying and supporting Oracle 10g/11g R2 RAC/ASM environment.
- Installing & configuring Oracle 10g/11g clusterware & Database Software (Troubleshooting using cluvfy & handling common issues that arise during integration of the whole &ndash bugs, network issues, configuration files issues, OCR issue, deinstallation & cleanup of clusterware).
- Worked with customer for different RAC related issue: hangcheck timer, split brain, RAC recovery, ASM, OCR corruptions, Voting disk loss & so on. Troubleshoot performance issues for the RAC instances (GC events).
- Backup and Recovery issues related (loss of OCR, Voting Disk and Oracle clusterware) & also issues with corruption of individual disk data blocks, loss of OS configuration files, loss of net configuration files. Also used the Merge backup for backing terabyte databases. Issues with block change tracking & also flash recovery area.
- Maintain Oracle SQL and PL/SQL scripts, Unix Shell Scripts, debugging and tuning. Implement Production Control and Change Management.
- Provides expertise and makes recommendations for physical database design, architecture, testing, performance tuning, and implementation of Oracle database.
- Handle daily database operation performance issues (track and trend overall database performance and database area, index, and drive performance). Recommending application code changes (processing strategies, queries, use of Oracle10g/11g new features).
- Plan and Design Backup/Recovery solutions using shell scripts and RMAN. Ensure that the database software infrastructure is in place and up to date to support other infrastructure components (e.g., operating system and hardware) and application development.
Position: Oracle Database Administrator
- Installed Oracle database, and applied Patches and DB migrating. Monitoring, Tuning and optimizing the performance of the database.
- Tuned databases by adjusting increasing sort area sizes, shared pool area, prioritizing oracle processes and increasing SGA overall.
- Planned and implemented a comprehensive Oracle backup & recovery strategy. Set up and maintained oracle disaster recovery site using DataGuard.
- Writing and tuning SQL and PL/SQL creating stored procedures, functions, Packages and DB triggers. Using IMPORT, EXPORT and SQL Loader utilities for dumping and reloading into different schemas.
- Designed and developed critical, 7x24 functionalities for data transfer between Oracle databases for web based financial applications by using SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripts, Pro*C.
- Provided application 7x24 technical support for high availability system via on call and troubleshooting. Responsible for production application maintenance involving enhancements and performance improvements.
Position: Oracle PL/SQL Developer and DBA
- Developed PL/SQL Packages, Procedures and Functions accordance with Business Requirements for loading data into database tables.
- Implements data models and database designs, data access and table maintenance codes resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, backups, replication, and other distributed data issues over a highly volume Terabyte Database.
- Created Oracle database objects(tables, partition tables, b tree and bitmap indexes, constraints, views and materialized views), PL/SQL Procedures/Functions/Packages, SQL and Korn shell/Perl Scripts and develop transaction processes based on created objects to support business needs and reports needs. Developed UNIX shell scripts to perform a nightly refresh of the test system from Production databases.
- Designed, and developed Oracle PL/SQL ETL processes for loading data from internal systems using SQL Loader and External tables.
- Designed, developed and maintained oracle database schemas, tables, standard views, materialized views, synonyms, unique indexes, non unique indexes, constraints, triggers, sequences, implicit cursors, explicit cursors, cursor for loops, reference cursors and other database objects.
- Performance tuning and optimize SQLs using explain tables, TKPROF utility, by setting database parameters, by using optimizer hints and using Analyze to compute statistics on tables.
- Designed Test Plan and Test Cases according to Functional Requirements and design specifications of the application and executed them with testers. Implemented Unit Testing Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers.