- 11 years in IT including database administration and application development support.
- 8 years in Oracle database administration, focused on development and production support, performance tuning, daily monitoring, etc.
- 4 years in data modeling, data integration and SQL/PL SQL development.
- 3 years in Oracle EBS Financial R12/11i administration, upgrades, and implementation.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication, and leadership abilities.
Databases: Oracle8i/9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2000, MS Access, MySQL
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Unix Shell Scripts, HTML, XML
OS: IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, RHEL/SUSE Linux , HP-UX, Windows 2000/2003/NT
Software: Oracle e-Business Suite 11/11i/R12 (EBS), Oracle Financials, SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, SQL*Net, Real Application Cluster (RAC), Data Guard, ASM, ADDM, AWR, Flashback Query, OEM, Grid Control Enterprise Manager, RMAN, Veritas NetBackup, Tivoli, MS Visio, TOAD, ETL, Crystal Reports, Jasper Reports, Procurement and fulfillment Software, Single Sign-On, Oracle Data Integrator, ERWin, ER architect Studio, Remedy, MS Office Suite
Senior Oracle DBA
Confidential Troy, MI
- Lead EBS upgrade from 11i to R12. Develop upgrade strategies to serve business needs, cover customization and improve overall performance. Work and coordinate with operation team and business team for upgrade procedures, issues and testing.
- Install OEM 12c and research the performance issues and new functionalities of the new version.
- Monitor daily production support and provide solutions with ongoing issues.
- Help RMAN backup setup for some database backup.
- Research and investigate performance issues, propose the strategies to improve the database performance, such as tuning on memory, parameters, and storage. Also look into the third party software for historical data archive.
- Lead Demantra upgrade within Supply Chain application.
Environment: Oracle 11g, Solaris/Linux, Windows
Senior Oracle DBAConfidential
- Manage multiple databases for customers; perform daily database administration tasks including logical/physical space monitoring, performance diagnoses, backups monitoring and data recovery as needed, database replication and refresh, etc.
- Manage remedy request queues, perform root cause analysis, identify and resolve problems.
- Lead the project on tailoring and modifying IBM database monitoring toolkit (in shell script) for check on tablespace, database status, archive dir, and log purges.
- Work with customers on database data transfer and data integration.
- Perform new release deployment and application fixes for customers on staging/production environments.
- Manage and maintain database security, account profiles.
- Manage RAC instances and data guard.
- Prepare and install database software, CPU patches, and Oracle upgrade.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, AIX/solaris/linux, Windows
Senior Oracle Application DBAConfidential Pittsburgh, PA
- Perform tuning for both on-line transactions, data warehouse databases
- Design data transfer and integration architecture from OLTP to DW.
- Plan and implement oracle application feature upgrades.
- Review database design documentation, standards, and procedures.
- Automate the data pump, export/import, and database refresh/clone using shell scripts.
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g, Linux 5, Sun Solaris, Windows 2000/2003.
Senior Oracle DBAConfidential Indiana
- Manage Oracle EBS system and upgrade from 11.0 to R12, database from 8i to 11g. Participate in end-to-end architecture from application tier to storage and networking. Support the system analysis, implementation and testing.
- Provide performance tuning on the SQL and stored procedure codes for development team.
- Manage RAC instances and standby databases (data guard).
- Shell script database refresh, daily monitoring and maintenance activities.
- Monitor database and detect issues using Grid Control (enterprise manager), AWR, ADDM, etc.
- Create databases, tables/views, indexes, materialized views, and schedule jobs.
- Restore and recover database using RMAN and netbackup.
- Perform database software and patches installation and configuration.
Environment: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, Oracle EBS 11/11i/R12, Oracle financial, AP/AR/GL, Peoplesoft, SAP, Sun Solaris, Windows 2000/2003, OracleAS,
Oracle Application DBAConfidential Troy, Michigan
- Manage and maintain Oracle database and application servers for Oracle e-business suites R12 development project converted from legacy system.
- Assist data modeling, data mapping and migration design, requirement analysis, implementation and testing.
- Create and configure Oracle 10g RAC for production environment.
- Perform root-cause analysis and help with SQL tuning and performance tuning.
- Manage patch and upgrade, version control, cloning and application maintenance tasks using AD utilities.
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g, Oracle EBS R12, Oracle financial, AP/AR/GL, SSO, OID, RHEL Linux , Windows 2000/2003, 10gAS/9iAS.
SQL Server DBA/AnalystConfidential Auburn Hills
- Lead the project on database and application design for special credit card transaction re-engineering -conversion from VB code into J2EE architecture. Coordinate business team, develop team and database team for requirement analysis, design, implementation and testing. This is for procurement application.
- Create stored procedures for catalog data validation and loading.
- Perform application tuning and data extraction, manage the instances.
- Support daily production database maintenance issues.
Environment: MS SQL server 2005, Linux, Windows 2000/2003, and projects.
Oracle DBAConfidential Dearborn, Michigan
- Perform database administration operations, including creation of Oracle tables and triggers, import/export of data and multi-database connectivity.
- Transfer a large amount of data into databases for statistical analysis of vehicle warranty data. Perform table reorganization, manipulation and data loading.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Implement data mining analysis process using decision tree and other data mining tools.
Environment: Oracle 8i, Sun Solaris, Window NT and projects