Oracle Database Administrator
- 7+ years of experience in Oracle Database Administration, tuning, development, analysis, design, all phases of SDLC, installation, patches, upgrades, migrations, configuration, database security, capacity planning, space management, data modeling, backup and recovery, cloning, auditing, SQL, PL/SQL, troubleshooting and documentation.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Oracle 11g/10gRAC with ASM and single instance database.
- Oracle Database Administration in a variety of environments like Oracle Linux, HP-UX, IBM-AIX, Sun Solaris, RHEL.
- Experience in system Monitoring and Database Performance Tuning using Explain plan, SQL Trace, TKPROF, AWR and also Cluster Interconnect Tuning (RAC).
- Experience with Toad Data modeler and Generate detailed reports on existing database structure
- Build complex entity relationship models – both logical and physical Database Design
- RMAN procedure for backup and recovery and also cloned database using RMAN Duplicate.
- Managed Oracle server in high availability environments using Failover, Clustering, Mirroring, Dataguard and Cloning technologies.
- Preparing cluster, configuring and Installation of Clusterware and Oracle RAC on RHEL.
- Migrated database from 9i, 10g to 11g by using Scripts and applied patches by Opatch utility.
- Experience in database full Backup (hot and cold), Incomplete Backup, DataPump Export/Import, SQL Backtrack and Restore procedures.
- Experience in Space Management, Rollback segments, Undo segments and Capacity Planning.
- Experience in Database creation with RMAN jobs and security implementations in Oracle.
- Load Balancing, Startup, Shutdown of Individual instances on RAC database.
- Installed 12c Grid agent on servers and configure 12c OEM Grid control.
- Data Loading using SQL*Loader and DBVERIFY for corruption checking.
- Used parameters to configure, install and manage ASM instance in 10g RAC.
- Experience in maintenance of Production, Testing, Development, RAC, Standby databases/ Dataguard for OLTP, Decision Support Systems (DSS) Data Warehouse environments.
- Back-end programming, database Triggers, stored procedures and functions using PL/SQL.
- Experience in using oracle Streams for replication of database.
- Job scheduling using cron, at and batch utility at the OS level and Shell Scripting for automating DBA tasks.
- Experience with new features like Flash-Back Recovery, ASSM, AMM, ASMM, Recycle Bin.
- Good experience in Database Creation, Partitions, Setting-up parameters, Tablespaces, Indexes, User Setup, Roles, Security, Storage and hands on experience in network management.
- Experience in ERWIN Data modeling and MS Visio for E-R diagrams and Logical, Physical layout designs.
- Experience of Auditing, Oracle Security, OEM, SQL Navigator and TOAD.
- Experience in Very Large Multi-Terabyte Database (VLDB) and also performed migrations in this environment.
- Experienced in Oracle Support processes for technical requests through Metalink and other support procedures.
- Documented all Oracle database installations and database operations
- 24*7 Production Database Support to ensure availability, efficiency and recoverability.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i
Languages: SQL and PL/SQL
Application Servers: Oracle Application Server (9i, 10g & 11g), Apache
High Availability: (RAC) Clusterware 11g and 10g
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris, Linux (Red Hat, centos, Windows)
DB Tools: TOAD,SQL*Plus, i*SQL Plus, SQL*Loader, Export & Import utility (regular and data pump), OEM, ASMCMD, Net8, Database Configuration Assistant, Explain plan, SQL Trace, Tkprof, RMAN, QUEST Performance Analysis, Spotlight, TOAD
Data Protection Tools: Flash BackQuery, DataGuard
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripts and batch scripting
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
Fidelis Care New York provides health insurance coverage to children and adults. Fidelis Care has grown to provide services to more than 910,000 New York State residents.
- Supported 100+ databases ranging in size between 30Gb to 50Tb.
- Planned and Implemented Disaster Recovery (DR) and High Availability using RAC, and Data Guard.
- Installed and configured RAC (2 node) and Performed up-gradation of grid infrastructure and Oracle databases from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199.
- Performed health checks in RAC instances using Crsctl and Srvctl utility.
- Performed Database refresh from Production RAC environment to TEST RAC environment.
- Experience in monitoring and managing of Oracle instances using Enterprise Manager Grid Control (OEM grid) 10g /11g/12c.
- Starting and stopping the agents to clear metric alerts and collecting ADDM reports in OEM.
- Creating blackouts and templates in OEM and migrated databases from Non ASM TO ASM.
- Installed Golden Gate for replication of database on 11gR2 RAC environment.
- Involved in Tuning the RAC interconnect Finding RAC wait events. And Tuning the RAC using the Enterprise Manager Grid Control.
- Performed various tasks on ASM, creating a disk group, adding a disk to disk group, making disk online and offline and troubleshooting issues in ASM environment.
- Implemented physical standby database for maximum availability using Oracle Data Guard 11g with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 12C cloud Control.
- Create thorough documentation of installation procedures and administrative tasks in the clustered environment.
- Generated and automated Statspack/AWR reports from Oracle 11g/10g/9i database and analyzed the reports for Oracle wait events, time consuming SQL queries, table space growth, and database growth.
- Involved in SQL Query tuning and provided tuning recommendations to ERP jobs, time/CPU consuming queries.
- Used Explain Plan, Oracle hints and creation of new indexes, identifying the join methods (Nested/Hash/Merge join/Sort merge join) between the row sources for tables, to improve the performance of SQL statements.
- Addressed developers/testers requests to clone production databases for the purposes of testing using RMAN.
Environment: Oracle 11gR1, 11gR2,188.8.131.52,12c RHEL 5.8, HP-Unix 7, Solaris 10, OEM, DBUA,RMAN, EMC SAN, Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control, RAC, ASM, Data guard, SQL*LOADER, AWR, ADDM, ASH, VPD, Oracle Wallet, Data pumps, Exports/Imports.
Client: Confidential, RICHMOND, VA
Role: Oracle DBA
The Project Cash Edge allows consumers to aggregate information from their multiple banking, brokerage and credit card relationships onto a single dashboard. It allows users to view transaction detail of the customers – including historical detail - across all accounts.
- At PNC I was part of Oracle Support team so primary focus was to provide 24*7 production support.
- Maintain and Support Oracle databases 12C, 11g R1/11g R2/10gR2/10gR1/9iR1/9iR2 in Solaris, AIX, Oracle Linux platform.
- Patched and upgraded the oracle databases.
- Responsible for support of 1000+ Production databases of Terabytes in size, 2500+ UAT, DEV & TEST databases sizing 100G to Terabytes.
- Active member of Conversion team; PNC acquired National City Corp(NCC) almost 2+ yrs ago. As a part of this team, I have migrated Legacy NCC databases to PNC standards. This includes setting up backup strategy, oracle database environment, disaster recovery setup, monitoring setup etc.
- Complete range of Oracle DBA activities including day-to-day production database monitoring, Backup and recovery using RMAN, Trouble Shooting production issues, Physical Database design.
- Managed the databases in Sun Virtual Environment. Also maintained the database which had O/S cluster for failure scenario.
- Worked with Grid Control for various day to day oracle DBA tasks.
- Resolve Incident and Service Requests in the tickets queue and proactively resolve database related problems, based on alerts triggered by OEM or BMC Patrol Monitoring Tool.
- Support and monitor databases to ensure Service Level Agreements on uptime, capacity, health and functionality.
- Used Oracle Apex for various tasks like managing database inventory etc.
- Actively maintained Oracle Database Project, this has 4 production RAC databases (sizes 20+ TB) with each 8 nodes, 15+ DEV/TEST/QA/Break FIX 8 node RAC environment.
- Collaborate with Oracle Support for bugs & issues resolutions and personal research.
- Provided valuable inputs for various performance tuning issues.
- Worked with crontab and Oracle Jobs to manage, schedule various database jobs for backup, maintenance, password change etc.
- Refreshed non-production environments from production database backup for developers.
- Followed change control, Information Security and IT audit standards and procedures for any DBA activity.
- Analyzed, planned, managed and evaluated processes that determine database quality, design and functionality per SAS standards
- Worked collaboratively with developers and management to establish Oracle development and production standards.
- Developed task definition and execution strategies.
Environment: Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12C, Unix shell script, Grid Control, Data Guard, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, Oracle Linux, SQL*Plus, Toad, Various 10g and 11g Advisories, AWR and Statspack Reports, EXPDP/IMPDP,EXP/IMP, PL/SQL, RMAN, Crontab, Tivoli Storage Management for DB tape backups, BMC Patrol for DB monitoring.
Confidential, Monroe, MI
Confidential is the world’s leading manufacturer of reclining chairs and one of the nation’s largest producers of upholstered sofas, loveseats, chairs and ottomans, marketed both through a large, proprietary distribution network and through independent retail stores
- Responsible for administration and supporting oracle 11g, 10g and 9i databases
- Worked on DR project.
- Worked on cloning databases.
- Trouble shouted node hand issues.
- Worked closely with different team during migrations.
- Managed Materialize Views servers.
- Applied CPU/PSU patches.
- Worked on Windows database servers.
- Performed various tasks using grid control.
- Worked on writing scripts to automate various tasks.
- Worked on offshore team.
- Performance tuning of applications and the databases Oracle 11g/10g/9i
- Database Tuning by generating explain plans for long running queries, creating indexes on columns to improve performance.
- Database performance monitoring, Application performance monitoring, tuning database and application with efficient database parameters.
- Intensively used 10g Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) & Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitoring (ADDM) reports for the health check of the databases, and used the notification tool to send the alerts in OEM Grid Control.
- Remove unnecessary histograms in highly volatile schemas.
- Worked in Tuning OS, Shared Pool, Buffer Cache, and Redo Log Buffer.
- Database dot release upgrades using oracle universal installer and catpatch.sql.
- Applied various recovery scenarios for complete and incomplete recovery in case of failure
- Performed Security administration tasks, setup users accounts, passwords, roles, profiles and quota
Environment: Oracle 9i, 10g, and 11g, Toad, SQL plus, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), RMAN, Unix, ASM, Solaris 10, Oracle Streams, RAC, AIX 5.1, 5.2, Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Rochester, MN
Confidential is a nonprofit worldwide leader in medical care, research and education for people from all walks of life. It Priorities are aimed at ensuring that our patient focus permeates the entire organization, in every department at every location
- Performing all the Database Administration activity like space management in database, user and roles administration, schema management, checking alert log of all the databases
- Monitoring database events as part of a Production support and level 1 staff.
- Experienced with RMAN, BACKUP and RECOVERY, POINT-IN-TIME RECOVERY (PITR)of databases.
- Performed cross platform migrations from Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g ( Solaris-Linux)
- Experienced with cross site (active-active) data replication using Golden gate.
- Hands on experience working with Golden Gate Director and configured ODI to useOracle Golden Gate for Change Data Capture.
- Proficient in migrating data base from 9i/10g to 11g by applying latest patch sets.
- Implemented zero downtime migration and upgrade of 10g to 11g database using OracleGolden Gate.
- Replicated certain columns from a table and also certain values from columns by usingOracle Golden Gate.
- Used Oracle streams for data migration and data distribution.
- Configured RAC on oracle 11g RAC.
- Involved in administration of over 150 Oracle 11g/10g R2 instances.
- Implemented Oracle advanced security across various database levels.
- Developed Oracle Forms and Reports for the user interface; a data load using PL/SQL andSQL*Loader; and Unix scripts to download and manipulate files
- Development of PL/SQL and Web PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Developed and performed the quality assurance activities and unit testing.
- Installed Sybase ASE (15.0.x), REP 12.6 in AIX, Loading FACETS, HIPAA
- Proficient in Oracle Materialized view replications.
- Used Data guard for data migration from various database’s.
- Installation and maintenance of Oracle 11g database.
- Extensively used Erwin for data modeling and Dimensional Data Modeling.
- Involved in the process of tuning and refining queries of various applications.
- Implementing 10g Data guard with one physical database
- Converted a single instance database to Oracle RAC 10g.
- Optimization and tuning SQL queries using TRACE FILE, TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN.
- Extensive usage of ADDM, AWR, ASSM, features of 10g.
- Developing Hot, cold and logical backup scripts to automate the backup procedures.
- Database Export/Import and evaluating the Backup and Recovery Procedures periodically & performing backups using RMAN.
- Restoration and recovery from backup.
- Cloning of application from production environment to test environment and application ofpatches.
- Moving data from development to production through transportable tablespace exports.
- Monitoring the table growth, database growth, current users, and system resource usage.
- Implementing standby database and database replication to provide high availability of database.
- Sizing the SGA, sizing the db buffers, shared SQL area, log buffer based on the requirements.
- Continuous monitoring of database performance during peak and non-peak loads usingSTATSPACK
- Involved in team management, team building exercises for the DBA team.
Environment: AIX, Solaris,Linux, SQL,PL/SQL, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, RAC, SQLSERVER,PERLScripting,Solaris10,ASM,TOAD, LogMiner Developer 2000, Oracle Streams,
Jr. Oracle Database Administrator
Confidential provides solutions for all business sizes. Business needs with cost effective and quality technical solutions.
- Installation, Implementation and maintenance of Oracle databases.
- Create the users, roles, schemas with suitable permissions
- Creating and managing the database objects such as tables, indexes and views
- Creating and managing the database storage structures which include index table spaces, rollback table spaces and rollback segments
- Accomplish day-to-day requirements of User Community.
Environment: Windows2000, SUNSOLARIS, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL*Loader, Shell scripts.