- Over 8 years of experience in IT industry as an Oracle Database administrator, having exclusive experience in database administration,, installation, configuration and upgrades with Oracle Software 11g/10g/9i/8i on Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux, HP - UX, AIX, and Windows Platform. Possess high competency in advanced DBA skills such as backup, recovery & performance tuning.
- Good exposure in Configuring Single instance, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) and Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Extensive knowledge of database backup/recovery strategy (RMAN), RMAN duplicateImport/Export&Data pump, Capacity Planning, Replication (Streams) standby databases, Oracle configuration management, Data guard, database cloning, refresh and patch management.
- Established Disaster Recovery for Oracle 11g RAC database.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and advising the application programmer of the opportunities in tuning the application. AndInvolved in performance monitoring and tuning of the database by fine tuning the database implementation.
- Successfully implemented physical standby database using Oracle Data Guard featurefor High availability configuration.
- Skilled in designing and implementing complete life cycle client servers and database applications with various development tools and languages.
- Manage internal databases, from planning and testing stages through implementation and support.
- Extensive experience in daily batch and report monitoring, space management, ‘index rebuilds’ statisticscollection and other Oracle housekeeping tasks
- Experience in database security strategies by creating and managing user roles, profiles and audits.
- Performed backups and tested crash recoveries using conventional Hot and Cold backups.
- Having Strong Knowledge in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with Data Modeling, Logical and Physical database design.
- Expertise in managing database security by creating new users, roles, profiles and providing required user privileges in development, test, training and production environments.
- Expertise in Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)and setup of Oracle Grid Control.
- Expertise in maintaining Database Security using security compliance auditing and expertise in loading data from flat files using external tables and SQL*LOADER.
- Proficient in coding Oracle and SQL Server Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors and Indexes.
- Strong technical knowledge in oracle which has helped in achieving the business and organization goals.
- Expertise in client facing and taking up senior technical roles such as Sr Analyst and Architect as well.
- Got appreciation from the management as well as clients for a quick turnaround time in solving the critical database issues.
TECHNICAL SKILLSOperating Systems: Red Hat Linux RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 5, HP-UX 10.x, 11.x, Sun Solaris 9.0/10.0, AIX 5.1, 5.2 and Windows 98/NT/2000/2003.
Data Bases: Oracle 11gRAC/10gRAC/10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2005/2008
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Dynamic SQL, C, C++, UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl Script, XML, JAVA
Tools/Utilities: RAC, OEM Grid Control, ESM, SQL Navigator, SQL* Loader, ASM, SQL Server, Export/Import, RMAN, TOAD, Patch Management, SQLNET, ODBC, Oracle Streams, Data pump, Data Guard, VERITAS Net Backup, VMware
Tuning Tools : TKPROF, EXPLAIN PLAN, STATSPACK, ADDM, AWR
Terminal : Putty, Telnet, FTP
Office Applications: MS-Office 97/2000/XP
Testing Tools: Bugzilla, TestDirector, Quality CenterPROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
- Provided 24x7on call support for all the production and development databases.
- Implemented 10g/11g with one physical database.
- Configured and Upgraded to Oracle 11gR2 from 10g.
- Designed, configured and maintained backup and recovery policies including RMAN backups.
- Writing PL/SQL triggers, procedures, and functions.
- Creating and Managing Table Spaces, Tables, Views, Indexes, and Partitions.
- Optimized the query result cache for best performance.
- Extensively used AWR, ADDM for database performance statistics.
- Oracle Database and SQL Tuning using STATSPACK, EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, AWR and ADDM reports.
- Performed Range Partitioning as a cause to improve the performance of the database.
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle
- Performed Cross platform migration using transportable table spaces and RMAN.
- Handled all standard database administrative tasks, such as: proactive performance tuning and monitoring, troubleshooting, back-up and recovery, installations and configurations on an as needed basis.
- Performed version upgrades and patch installs.
- Designed and implemented database backup/restore methodologies, responsible for Troubleshooting performance and networking issues.
- Solid discipline in providing end-users timely updates on their problems andInstalling server software.
- Checking database performance on a regular interval, which includes checking various log files.
- Addition of users, objects etc. as and when required and granting proper privileges for Database access.
- Taking care of database by checking the size the database and addition of table spaces, data files.
- Migrating and upgrading the Oracle 9i database to Oracle 10g and incorporating the changes in the database design.
- Created standby database using data guard on the testing server.
- Provided Oracle database administrative support.
- Oracle 9i,10g,11g grid control (OGC), Putty, sql*plus, RMAN, Data Pump
- Maintenance and monitoring of table spaces, data file, control files etc.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges)
- Database monitoring and maintenance activities which include checking alert logs, space management, undo management, gathering database statistics, database locking issues, scheduling of jobs, creation of users, schemas, table spaces and other database objects.
- Implemented scripts, which monitor database health check at regular interval, upon error, send email to the concerned person.
- Creating table spaces, tables, indexes, users, etc.
- Importing of dumps using impdp/expdp utilities.
- Define Backup Strategies and Implementation.
- Loading bulk data from flat files using sql*loader and external tables
Environment: Oracle 9i/10g/11g/11gR2 databases, Data pump, Export/Import, Physical Backups, Oracle Streams, Solaris 9.0, AIX Windows 2000/XP, HTTP, F-Secure SSH,, F-Secure FTP, Oracle Enterprise Manager, TOAD
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
Oracle Database Administrator
- Installation Configuration and maintenance of Oracle 10g/11g on AIX, Solaris and Linux.
- Planning and scheduling Backups, Database Recovery, taking Logical Backups (with Export /Import), Database backup (Hot & cold).
- Installation of Oracle database 10g, 11g RAC using Oracle Clusterware. Oracle Data Guard setup done for RAC. Installation of Oracle 10g management agent and grid control.
- Constantly monitoring the performance of the databases and viewing alert log files &trace files.
- Proficient in managing Oracle Instance, database storage structure, schema objects.
- Experienced with SRVCTL, OCR and Voting Disk of 10g RAC.
- Applied patches (Patch sets and CPU patches) and worked closely with Oracle to make Application environment up to date.
- Hands of experience Cost-Effective and CompleteEnterprise Content Management.
- Strategic content infrastructure for managing documents, images, rich media files, and records in Management
- End-to-End content lifecycle management from creation to archiving
- Hands of experience in content management on Contextual enterprise application integration
- Worked extensively onRMAN backups and recoveries and database cloningusing RMAN Duplicate. Trouble shooting and maintenance of RMAN backups and user managed backups.
- Installing ASM environment and migrating database from NON-ASM to ASM.
- Experience in Planning Database, Sizing table space, Create database, scripts, Interact with developers and 24x7 production support.
- Adding the required User Logins, Groups and Users, Granting and Revoking Permission to/from the users. Co-coordinating with on-site counterpart as well as Clients and understanding requirements.
- Database Upgradation from 9i to 10g and 10g to 11g on Linux environment.
- Involved in Performance Planning and Tuning, using baselines and proactive monitoring, bottleneck elimination and the wait event interface to identify issues.
- Extensively used PL/SQL for designing packages, stored procedures, functions and database triggers.
- Review changes in segment growth when compared to previous reports to identify segments with a harmful growth rate.
- Experience in shell scripts through cronjobs to automate different types of backups including RMAN. Implemented and maintained Database security and atomized Administrative tasks.
- Implemented Backup-using RMAN (Recovery Manager) as media management layer
Environment: Oracle 10g with RAC, ORACLE 9i, Java, J2EE, SQL, PL/SQL, Toad, Pl/SQL Developer, Erwin, And O/S: RHEL 4.2, HPUX, Windows 2003, And OEM.
Confidential , Farmington Hills, MI
Oracle Database Administrator
- Installed and configured 10g/11g database.
- Worked with OEM Oracle Enterprise Manager, Net Configuration Assistant.
- Setup maintenance of DATA GUARD for disaster Recovery and reporting purpose with various modes. Developing methodology to create logical/physical standby configuration with help of RMAN.
- Database creation, Table space management, User Management.
- Analyzing Database and tables.
- Monthly, Weekly and daily call report generation using AWR and ADDM.
- Monitoring the system and performing the daily checks.
- Refreshing databases for the testing/developing purpose (DB only).
- Gather Oracle Database statistics -- like Table space sizes, Data files sizes, etc.
- Upgrade and Migration of Database from 9i to 10g.
- Creation of Database Health Check reports (including database growth, cpu/memory utilization, Top sql etc).
- Communicate and coordinate with Oracle using TAR system for major database issues/ problems,
- apply the required patches, test (unit test/ system test) and roll out and implement the patches into production.
- Performance Tuned and optimized SQL Query, SGA, and Disk I/O using Oracle EnterpriseManager and by monitoring the Statspack report generated from snapshots taken at the peak business hours.
- Created and managed users, roles and profiles, audited and monitored databases and user access.
- Used import/export utility and Data Pump utility to transfer data.
- Working knowledge of DATAWAREHOUSING tools like ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Loading)
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g, SQL*Loader, Windows 2000/XP, Sun Solaris 5.6/10, Linux, Data Guard, SQL, Pl/SQL, OEM, RMAN, Exp/Imp, Putty, SQL Trace.
Confidential, Wayne, NJ
Oracle Database Administrator
- Created procedures, functions, packages, and triggers using PL/SQL.
- Taking Backups on scheduled time and Monitoring Scheduled Backups.
- Creating and dropping of users, granting and revoking rights as and when required.
- Involved in the Design (Logical & Physical) and maintenance of Databases
- Preparing Backup and Recovery Plan.
- Involved in the installation of Oracle 9i/10gon Solaris and UNIX platform.
- Oracle database administration on Solaris platform.
- Storage and space management including table spaces and data files.
- Creating Databases and all database objects. Database Designing, Designing Tablespaces and Rollback Segments
- Management of table space growth, monitoring data files additions, extent growth
- Constantly monitor the performance of the Databases and viewing Alert log files & Trace files.
- Creating and implementing backup and recovery strategies
- Setting up and maintaining user accounts and profiles, Space management
- Ensuring proper online and offlinebackup. Periodical reading and checking of backups taken.
Environment: SQL*Plus, Shell Scripting, Windows-NT, Red hat Linux, Oracle 8i/9i/10g.
Oracle DBA/ Developer
- Worked as a team member for 24x7 supports in both production and development environments.
- Installation and creation of 9i and 8i databases for Testing, Development and Production on IBM-AIX and Sun Solaris environment.
- Applied High priority, security patches downloaded from Metalink.
- Performing periodic backups, recoveries using RMAN, conventional hot and cold backups.
- Taking Backups on schedule time and monitoring scheduled backups.
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL coding, stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers.
- Enabled security in creation of Database users, roles, privileges, profiles.
- Creating primary database storage structures (tablespaces) once developers have designed an application.
- Perform other regular DBA activities including schema management, space management and performance monitoring.
- Database maintaining including backups, recovery, imports/exports.
- Monitoring the database daily activities.
- Created materialized views, table partition for Tuned databases.
- Involved In query optimization and using rule based optimizers and cost based optimizers.
- Implemented Oracle security features and audit mechanisms for Fine grained access control.
Environment: IBM-AIX, Sun Solaris, Oracle 8i, 9i, RMAN, ASM, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell scripting.