- 6+ years of experience in the field of Database Technology with experience in designing, developing, implementing Databases, Web development and Application development.
- Experience in translating business requirements into conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Experience in configuring Oracle network,Recovery Catalog, and Performance Tuning of database by optimizing SQL and PL/SQL scripts and instance. Used statspack report, report, advisors, autotrace and execution plan.
- Management and implementation of database models, data flow diagrams, database schemas, database scripts, to support a robust data management infrastructure.
- Experience on Metadata definition, implementation and maintenance, new business rules identification and implementation to data rules, transformation.
- Working experience of defining triggers events, cursors, stored procedures and packages.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of Oracle 10g, 11g RAC.
Database Tools: Oracle (Oracle Enterprise Manager, SQL*Plus, SQL Loader, DB Configuration Assistant) Toad, OEM Grid, RMAN, SQL*Loader, Exp/Imp/Data Pump, Log miner, Statspack/AWR, Top, DBCA, DBUA, ADDM, Remedy, Veritas clustering, OLAP, Oracle E - business suite and Websphere. Strong shell scripting.
Operating Systems: UNIX,LINUX
Hardware: Sun Fire 15K, Sun 6320 Storage, Sun Enterprise Servers, Sun StorEdge 6320, Hitachi, EMC, Dell Servers, Compaq Servers,UX-9000,Linux 6.2
Middleware: Weblogic 10.2.3
Remote Tools: VPN, Checkpoint VPN, Remote Admin, VNC, Remote Desktop, VMware Virtualization.
Confidential, Atlanta Georgia
- supporting three major projects from environments, involving daily configuration, administration all running on AIX 5.2 & 5.3. Database sizes range from 4GB to 2TB.
- Backup Oracle for two major projects involving periodic administration, troubleshooting & tuning of 10g Oracle databases (10g & 11g single instances running on both AIX 5.3, SunOS 5.8 & HP-UX B.11.11.
- Create oracle databases on configured servers using both t& Database creation scripts.
- Planned and implemented high availability solutions in Oracle 11gR2 Grid and 10g on file systems.
- Highly experienced in Oracle 11g, 10g Automatic Storage Management required to fulfill the storage needs.
- Installed, configured and maintained Physical, Logical, Active standby databases supported by Data guard on Oracle 11g, 10g servers for the purpose of disaster recovery procedures.
- Designed daily, weekly Backup and Recovery procedures for production, non- production databases using backups taking periodic Complete, cumulative and differential Incremental Backups.
- Data Refresh/Cloning from Production environment to setup using Duplicate.
- Intensively used latest 10g/11g Automatic Workload Repository & Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitoring reports for the health check of the databases, and used the notification tool to send the alerts in Grid Control.
- Scheduled UNIX scripts in crontab jobs to automate daily tasks like backups, monitoring the alert logs, and backup logs to send notification emails.
- Migrated data to a new Diskgroup to improve the performance of the database.
- Export/Import, Datapump, Transportable tablepsaces to migrate databases from one database to another.
- Providing technical support in development and high-availability production environments
- Data migration from development to production databases
- Configuring audit, granting privileges and restricting access, creating users, profiles, roles and monitoring quota on tablespaces in line with resource planning guide.
- Managing 5-Terabyte, multiple databases and instances using DataGuard, in a real time production, testing, and development environment.
- Use Enterprise Manager DB console to monitor performance, clone databases, tuning and maintaining optimal performance, unit testing, database integration
- Built codes based on documented requirements, performs unit testing
- Capacity Planning and resource allocation.
- Creating and monitoring standby databases to ensure high availability.
- Install and patching of DBMS software, upgrades and related products in both production and development or test on various platforms.
- Use DataPump for migration, Remapping, SQL*loader, import and export of database/schema/Tablespace.
Oracle Database AdministratorResponsibilities:
- Performed Installation and configuration of Oracle 10.2.0.1 database platform.
- Successfully performed migrations from Oracle 10g/11g to 11gR2 RAC Database.
- Implemented Logical and Physical Standby Databases for cluster on Sun Solaris platform using Data Guard feature of Oracle 11g R2.
- Successfully performed data replication using Materialized views and Oracle Streams in Oracle 11gR2.
- Cloned/Migrated databases using and traditional Data Pump export/import utilities in Oracle 11gR2.
- Implemented recovery strategies whenever required and successfully recovered databases in case database crash, media/disk failures.
- Implemented disaster recovery system, using custom written shell scripts. Create and maintain Oracle Data Guard configuration
- Experienced working on non-prod databases which are resided on Virtual Machines and understanding the working process.
- Create oracle databases on configured servers Database creation scripts.
- Monitor database systems and provide technical support for database system issues and application performance enhancement/improvement using both Oracle 11g Grid Control & SQL*Plus, as well as UNIX shell scripts.
- Worked closely with Application Developers to design/create new Oracle databases/create new schemas/database objects, as well as making database changes.