Obtain a challenging position as an Oracle Database Administrator in a major corporation that will utilize both my Technical and Administrative skills.
- Over 15 Years of experience in DB Administration.
- 5+ years Experienced in Installation of high availability RAC environment.
- Installed Oracle 11g RAC software with ASM File systems.
- Installation and Administration of ASM.
- Expertise in applying security patches to the databases in standalone and RAC Environment.
- Expert in implementing GoldenGate, ORACLE STREAMS unidirectional.
- Migrations, upgrades and patching processes.
- Performance tuning of the database - SQL Tuning through AWR, ADDM reports,
- Monitoring db with shell scripting and perl scripting.
- Implemented DR solutions like standby database or Data Guard. worked in DR Exercise .
- Upgrade database from version 9i, 10g to 11g.
- Expertise in RMAN backup and recovery and Cloning with RMAN and VERITAS Net Backup.
- Implemented RMAN backup (Full, incremental and cumulative) and recovery, Incomplete recovery and disaster.
- Expertise with Partitioning DW table for faster access.
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle Architecture, SGA, PGA, LISTENER, TNSNames, V$ and DBA views.
- Well versed with HIPPA and SOX compliance.
- Expertise in maintaining Database Security using security compliance auditing, and expertise in loading data from flat files using external tables and SQL*LOADER.
- Database replication using snapshots, materialized views and advanced replication methods.
- Good experience of creating PL/SQL packages, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Views to retrieve, manipulate and migrate complex data sets in Oracle Databases.
- Expertise in using Oracle's Transportable Tablespace (TTS) feature allows users to quickly move a user Tablespace across Oracle databases.
- Extensive knowledge in SQL Plus, PL/SQL and Tuning.
- Summary in SQL Server 2005, 2008
- MS SQL Server database administration, configure Scheduled Tasks for regular Database Backup and Maintenance Activities, create and modify tables, stored procedures, various clustered/non-clustered indexes, triggers, check constraints and functions.
- Report service and Analysis Installation and configuration.
- Set up and maintain database environments to support production, QA and development activities.
- Migration and upgrade from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005, and SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Set up Jobs and Maintenance plans for DB writes, T-SQL stored procedures, triggers, for various DML tasks.
- Review all the SQL Server/Instance Level settings of the server and tune it based on system workload.
- Review all the files and file groups of databases and analyze them to identify any object or files that are causing bottlenecks.
- Identity the critical errors in the logs and resolve them.
- Handling Memory configurations .
- Summary in MySQL
- Expertise in Custom installation and administration.
- Very good knowledge of different storage engine inno db, myisam, csv, ndb.
- Installation documentation for customization.
- Recovery using mysqldump and mysql bin.
- Summary in Oracle EBS
- Installation of EBS 11i
- User creation and assigning responsibly.
- Mini and Family Patch apply.
- Application Cloning.
- DB Cloning.
TECHNICAL SKILLS:RDBMS: Oracle 10g/11g (RAC, Data Guard & Golden Gate, Streams) and My SQL,
OS: HP-UX 10.x, 11.x, Sun Solaris 9, 10, AIX 5.3, 7.1 Red Hat Linux RHEL 2.1, 3.x, 4.x, 6.x and Windows 2008/XP.
LANGUAGES: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Ksh, bash and Perl Scripting.
SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS & TOOLS: DBCA, DBUA, Oracle Data Guard, OEM (GC), RMAN, ASM, Clusterware, SQL*PLUS, SQL*LOADER, EXP, IMP, Data Pump (expdp, impdp), TOAD, ERwin, TOAD Data Modeler, VERITAS Net Backup, DBArtisan, SAN, SQL TRACE, EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, STATSPACK, AWR and ADDM.
- Completed projects Upgrade oracle 10G to 11G varying 500GB to 2 TB using rman and Goldengate for near 0 downtime. Setting up dataguard for DR.
- Implementation of GRID control.
- Handled database more than 20TB.
- Cloning with RMAN directly from tape.
- Implemented Partition in Data warehouse.
- Budgeting for storage space required for the growth of database.
- Supporting application team with the analyzing queries with explain plan and SQLT.
- CPU Patch applies process to all the Oracle DB’s.
- Mentoring / Helping team dba’s for migration & upgrade using GoldenGate.
- Scripts to maintain Tablespace report and DG status.
- Did DR testing using flashback recovery and open db for testing.
- 24/7 support for oncall.
Confidential, South Florida
- Disaster recovery planning with Tier 1 & 2 levels.
- Patching, Migrating and upgrading Oracle DB.
- Process development and implementation.
- Installed Oracle in RAC 2 node cluster with ASM file system and Standalone in 11g.
- Lead in CPU Patch applies process to all the Oracle DB’s.
- Lead in implementation RMAN backup to disk and VERITAS netback up to tape.
- Lead once a year budgeting for storage space required for the growth of database.
- Implemented Metalized view and Metalized view log to refresh data at daily interval.
- Implemented Logical Standby for Reporting purpose to deload production db.
- Have extensive experience in physical Standby.
- Lead in project implementation in oracle & sqlserver
- Involved in Logical design of application to enforce Baptist standards & procedures.
- Performance tuning with DBArtisan and Scripts to query v$ and dba Views
- Installation of Oracle with ASM storage and Creating checklist for Installation process.
- Ensuring DB uptime is maintained all the time.
- Monitoring db on daily basis with monitoring report generated.
- Availability of 24/7 for any issues.
- Implemented Logical standby for reporting heavily used by OLTP production db.
- Implemented Oracle Streams to transfer a schema data.
- Upgraded databases from 10g to 11g.
- Handling user request and complains about DB performance.
- Leading team for arranging for training.
- Documentation version maintenance with VSS.
- Ensuring to meet the SLA at all time, Keeping clients & informed at all times of project and issues.
- Environment: Oracle 11g EE RAC 22.214.171.124 /ASM Linux (Intranet) (300GB); Oracle 11g EE 126.96.36.199 in AIX 6.1 / FileSystem (Sovera Systems ) (500GB); Oracle 11g EE 188.8.131.52 / ASM with partitioning option Linux 5.6 DW (4TB); Oracle 10g 10.2.0.4 FileSystem (HLPROD Lab Reports (750) GB + HLREP for logical standby; Oracle 11g EE Ansosp Windows 2008 R2 (50GB); Oracle 10g 10.2.0.2 AIX FileSystem Centricity (250 GB); Disaster recovery with HACMP using EMC Storage.
Major Oracle projects:
- Implemented Enterprise RMAN backup to disk and also Tape
- Cloning through RMAN.
- Upgrade of Sovera system from 10g to 11g in AIX.
- Installed 2 node in Linux Oracle RAC 11g 184.108.40.206
- Moved application from 10g to 11g db using export and import method.
- Setup logical Standby for HLPROD for Reporting Purpose.
- Created and designed multiple start schemas in Datawarehosue team.
- Created Materialized view in DW with daily refresh with centricity.
- Developed Monitoring Scripts with Perl and also mount point data is captured in central table.
Confidential (Miami & Juno Beach)
- Installed and administered multiple databases in Linux environment.
- Refreshed schema data with transportable table space.
- Upgraded from 10g to 11g.
- Developed backup and recovery
- Cloning with RMAN.
- Developed SOX compliance reports on monthly basis.
- Environment: Working with user for SAP implementation. Oracle in Linux. Oracle in Windows. Support 24/7 Support for their production db’s.
Major Oracle projects:
- Upgraded 9i db to 10g in AIX with export and import
- Refresh schema with transportable Tablespace in 10g.
Confidential, Miami, FL
Senior Oracle DBAResponsibilities:
- Managed 6 Oracle Production databases and 12 Test & Development databases.
- Performed logical Data Modeling and Performance Tuning of DB targeting hotspots in Hardware and Application.
- Implemented & maintained Stream & Data Guard and troubleshoot Performance issues with Report & Business Objects.
- Performed Recovery & Cloning using RMAN. Migrated databases from Sun Solaris 9i to IBM AIX.
- Optimized SGA / PGA calls.
- Implemented Enterprise level backup using RMAN.
- Provided 24x7 Support for all Production Databases and applied patches as necessary.
- Environment: IBM AIX, Oracle; Physical Standby; Oracle Streams
- Upgrade from SUN Solaris to AIX. 10g
- Oracle HRMS upgrade.
- Implemented Physical and Logical Standby for disaster recovery and reporting purpose
- Used materialized vew and materlized log to make the report faster.
Confidential, Doral, FL
- Responsible for CRM software, clarify and backend with oracle 9i and 10g.
- Managed 5 Oracle and 3 SQL Server databases.
- Backup through Sync & Split technology and RMAN.
- Managed database of various size from 2 TB to 10GB in Oracle and SQL Server.
- Worked with developers to optimize SQL Code.
- Cloning with RMAN and Sync and Split.
- Automated processes using shell scripts.
- Implemented physical replication for disaster recovery.
- Maintain BMC Magic software and dynamic policy.
- Environment: HP Superdome, Oracle 9i
- Worked in upgrade of db 9i to 10g.
- Very high transactional db reporting with BCV technology.
Confidential, Miami, FL
Oracle & SQL DBA
This company is an Internet service provider in Latin America.
- Installed and managed Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Automated processes using Perl.
- Performed data migration from Oracle to Microsoft SQL Server using DTS Package.