- Senior IT Professional with more than 18 years of industry experience. Hand - on experience installation, configuration and administration several versions of the Oracle RDBMS in UNIX, Linux and Windows platforms.
- Designed, built and maintained Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) and Oracle Data Guard. Hands-on operation/development experience in database maintenance, database/application performance tuning, RMAN backup and recovery, database upgrade and migration, security management, data loading/ETL, database design/ERwin etc.
- Great team player with excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills/capabilities.
- Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 11gR2, 12c Database Administration.
- Oracle RAC & ASM Administration/Installation.
- Standby/Failover/Data Guard Administration.
- Performance Tuning & Capacity Monitoring.
- Backup & Recovery using Cold, Hot, Export /Import, Data Pump & RMAN.
- Database Upgrade/Patching, Character Set/Platform Migration.
- Development of Interfaces/Scripts using Shell, SQL, PL/SQL and SQL*Loader.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), Grid Control, 12c/13c Cloud Control.
- Oracle database Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG ), auditing, database hardening and security.
- Linux x86 64 (RHEL), Solaris 5.5 - 5.10, Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012.
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
- Worked in Pentagon support Comptroller Support project with configure, support, and maintain Oracle 11g,12c production, development, stage, and test databases with data guard in SIPR and NIPR enterprise environment.
- Performing day to day database maintenance and operation of Oracle Production environments to include performance diagnosis and tuning, operations Monitoring backups, application tuning, query tuning, troubleshooting, RMAN backups and application-level change control migration. Also performing all the Database Administration activity like space management in database, user and roles administration, schema management, checking alert log and scheduled jobs of all the databases. Used STATSPACK, ASH, AWR, ADDM to database performance tuning, and SQL, PL/SQL tuning.
- Managed Oracle server in high availability environments using Failover, Switchover, Clustering, Mirroring, Data guard and Cloning technologies. Performed database CPU patches and database migration from 11g to 12c and 12.1.0 to 12.2.0. Supported database refresh and clone for development group as need and scheduled them for ongoing requirements.
- Supported Navy OPNAV project manage and maintain 11gR2 database with Data Guard in production and development environment. Monitor and tuning database performance, database memory SGA and PGA, initial parameters for production and standby databases. Maintain and monitor Linux shell scripts and cron jobs with scheduled RMAN backup, database export, database clean jobs.
- Worked in NGA CIO Open IT Portfolio Management. Developed, implemented, maintained and provided system administration operations for eCPIC (Electronic Capital Planning Investment Control) Application and Oracle database server on both production and development environment. Manage, monitor, performance tuning and upgrade the eCPIC application with apply major and critical patch for Application and Oracle database servers.
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
- Worked in NGA Accreditations and Risk Analysis Division. Supported Xacta IA Manager Assessment Engine for the NGA - OCIO. Responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades of Xacta IA Manager Assessment Engine, Cognos 8 Business Intelligence including Application server, Publishing server, Cognos server and Oracle 11gR2 database server with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (5.4) and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 OS on physical and virtualized platforms.
- Supported Xacta and Cognos application servers with oracle database and report server daily activities. Monitoring and checking the extensive user connections and production performance through application code reviews, database analysis, SQL statement and performance tuning. Routinely apply Oracle patches with Oracle CPU (Critical Patch Updates) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux patches. Resolved the Oracle SRR findings. Supported and performed Oracle database upgrade from 10gR2 to 11gR2 and data migration tasks.
- Worked to design, setup, configure and install the Oracle Data Guard for Xacta production database. Supported Xacta oracle production database failover and switchover on database level through Data Guard.
Senior Oracle Database Administrator (DBA)
- Supported DCGS Integration Backbone (DIB) project for Multi-Agency Collaboration Environment (MACE). Responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades of Solaris (10.2), Red Hat Enterprise Linux (5.4) and Microsoft Windows Sever (2003/2008) databases on physical and virtualized platforms.
- Conducted extensive performance tuning through application code reviews, database analysis, e.g. determining appropriate size of connection pools, sizing the SGA, initial server parameters, sql query tuning, periodically reorganizing the tables and rebuilding indexes. Routinely apply Oracle patches and Oracle CPU. Supported and performed Oracle Database / Data migration tasks. Worked with experience of using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), ASM, Grid Control, and Data Guard.
- Designed, implemented and tested backup and recovery strategies using RMAN. Used RMAN to perform a number of times of disaster recovery and Oracle database clone (duplicate) strategies. Worked to install the Oracle database hardening scripts to pass the database security checklist (IAVA). Resolve security issues and create procedures to perform a security readiness review (SRR) of Oracle installation.
- Performed Solaris, Red Hat Linux and Window operating system installation, upgrades, patching, tuning, and troubleshooting on 200+ servers with Dell 2950, Dell R905, Dell R300, DataPower XI50, MS SQL server 2005 & 2008, Microsoft SharePoint 2007, VMware ESX 3.5, WebLogic 10.2 & 10.3 and JBoss 5.1.
Senior Oracle Database Administrator (DBA)
- Worked on GCSS (Global Combat Support System) project for Defense Information System Agency (DISA). Responsible for Oracle 9i and 10g logical and physical database design, implementation, and maintenance on Unix Sun Solaris System (9, 10).
- Participated in installation/configuration using Oracle 10g Cluster-ware to build the high availability, fault detection Oracle RAC system. Designed, built and maintained RAC on four nodes, distributed different applications on different nodes.
- Oracle databases administration responsibilities, e.g. configured SUN Solaris Server, logical and physical Oracle database design, implementation etc. Installed Oracle database software on UNIX. Created multiple databases and multiple listeners in the UNIX server etc.
- Routine Oracle database administration activities including designing, testing and implementing RMAN backup strategies in the production and non-production databases. Also created shell scripts for Database Refreshes.
- Worked on data migration tasks between different environments using SQL*Loader, Data Pump Export/Import, Export/Import Utility, and Transportable tablespace. Created GIS geodatabase using ArcSDE server in Oracle database, configured, installed, and administrated the ArcSDE mapping server.
Database Administrator (DBA)
- Designed and administrated a database system, using Oracle 8i and 9i, Share Point Portal Server and Zaplet Appmail. Responsible for installing and designing Oracle database, network, web server and other related software. Used ERwin to design target database, used SQL, Stored procedures to manage ETL mapping from source database and flat files.
- As database administrator, worked on designing, implementing, installing, testing Oracle database and created the schema, indexes, users, roles and scheduling job to export, backup and recovery database.
- As Oracle DBA/Oracle Developer, participated in the life cycle of designing, coding (using Java, PL/SQL and Oracle Forms), testing. Also developed UNIX shell scripts to monitor databases performance and auditing.