- Strong and Solid ORACLE database administrator skill, through oracle 7, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11G on Unix (Solaris, AIX, HP, Linux) and Windows Server, 10 years .
- Extensive experience on supporting high availability Enterprise mission critical OLTP database and data ware house ( 7 TB), 6 years.
- Expert on performance tuning ( PL/SQL, Application, Configuration), 6 years
- Expert on cold & hot backup, RMAN and SQL-BACKTRACK technology , 6 years
- Strong Perl and shell scripting skill, 11 years
- Good knowledge on OEM Grid Control , 5 years
- Extensive data modeling, database designing and configuring experience, 12 years.
- Good knowledge and hand-on experience on high availability with oracle RAC (+ASM), Data Guard ( logical and physical standby), Oracle Data Replication (Stream) and VERITAS, 4 years
- Support SQL server and ACCESS database, migrate databases from SQL server and ACCESS to oracle, 5 years.
- Strong and extensive web based application skill (JAVA, XML, ASP, JSP, EJB, Java script, VB script, Apache, CGI, ATG Dynamo server, BEA WebLogic, Servlets/JSP, JDBC ... )
- Familiar with Rational Clear Case software ( version control )
- Experience in C, C++,VB, Assembly, OpenGL
- Operating System: Unix (Sun Solaris, HP, IBM AIX), Linux , Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/2003 server, MS-DOS
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, good team player
- Sr. Oracle DBA, consultant , Confidential ( August 2006 - April 2010)
- Primary DBA for mission critical database ( Reporting Solution System, 7 TB)
- 24X7X365 rotating on-call to support multiple high availability enterprise databases systems
- Design and implement Disaster Recovery Architecture.
- Troubleshoot all kind of RAC or non-RAC database issues
- Install and configure oracle Data Guard and Stream on EON database for disaster recovery and fast data replication
- Install and setup VCS ( Veritas Cluster server) on OIS database
- Upgrade EON ( Enhanced Outage Notification), GEMS ( GAS and Electric Mapping System), PT&T ( Pole Test and Treatment ), CMM ( Customer modeling management ) databases from oracle 8i to 9i to 10G.
- Migrate multiple databases from Windows server to Unix server
- Perform quarterly ORACLE CPU patches
- Life cycle server replacement
- Design, implement, configure, tune and maintain new Fleet Application and database
- Refresh QA, TEST and DEV databases from production or roll out production database from QA environment
- Work with application team, system admin and network people to solve all kinds of problems
- Create Perl/Shell scripts, configure OEM Grid to automate jobs, administrate and monitor database performance
- Perform databases backup (RMAN, SQL-BackTrack ), restore and recover
- Maintain SOX report scripts.
- Sr. ORACLE DBA / Sr. Computer System Analyst and Programmer, Confidential ( January 2005- August 2006)
- Design, implement, configure, tune and maintain Silk Performer database for CC&B ( company biggest database, 22 TB) new roll out testing
- Migrate GEMS database from Windows server to Unix AIX server
- Upgrade EON database from oracle 7 to 8i
- 24 X 7 oncall duty to support company mission critical OIS and EON database
- DBA/Computer System Analyst and Programmer, Confidential ( January 2001- Dec. 2004)
Responsibility: - Design and implement Critique database and application
- Design, implement and maintain OETI /OIS oracle database
- Design, build and implement Electric Outage Notification oracle database and application
- Migrate and consolidate multiple SQL Server databases and ACCES databases to oracle system
- 24 X 7 oncall duty to support OIS ( Outage Information System) and EON (Electric Outage Notification) oracle database
- Build manager for JE22 (ATG platform) project
- Develop and maintain web application on ASP, J2EE/JAVA, PERL, CGI Apache platform
- Create PERL and shell script for monitoring and alerts
- Programmer (20 hrs/week work load, full time graduate student), Confidential (January 2000 - December 2000)
Responsibility: design and implement web based database application using oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Active Server Page technology and JAVA .
- Programmer (20 hrs/week work load, full time graduate student), Confidential, Pullman (August 1998 - December 1999)
Responsibility: implement and maintain CoolGenes Database and application on Unix Solaris System
- Consultant and Project manager, Confidential
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Science and Technology Information Management (MIS),
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Performance Recognition Award Winner for OIS
- Performance Recognition Award Winner for OIS
- Performance Recognition Award Winner for EON
- President's Honor Roll
- Outstanding Employee
- Received First Prize Award from China Chemical Industry Ministry for Paper in Chemical Information Retrieve System