- 8+years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator having hands on experience in database administration, production support, Installation, Configuration, Upgradation, Patching, Troubleshooting, Performance Tuning, Backup and Recovery, Cloning and Space management, production support.
- Experience in HP - UX, Sun Solaris, Linux, AIX and Windows environments.
- Good Experience in Installation, Configuring and maintenance of Oracle RAC (10g/11gR1/11gR2) and Grid infrastructure and also configuring ASM for oracle database on Standalone and RAC databases.
- Experience in configuration of Oracle Data guard & performed failover and switchover from primary to standby database using Data guard.
- Expert in setting up Backup and Recovery using Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), and Disaster Recoveryusing Data Guard.
- Experience in Upgrading Oracle Databases Manually and also using Database Upgrade Assistant (DBUA) and as well as Patching the Oracle Binaries in a timely manner.
- Experience in upgrading the databases from Oracle 9i, 10g to 11gR1 versions in testing and production environments.
- Experience with installing and configuring Grid Control OEM 12c/11g and High availability with multiple OMS.
- Experience as Oracle DBA on 11gR2/R1/10g/9i databases.
- Experience in Creating and managing Users, Roles, Privileges, Profiles, Schemas using OEM.
- Expert in performing full, incremental and cumulative backup using RMAN.
- Expert in migrating data using both Export/Import and Datapump (expdp/impdp) utilities.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, specializing in Operating system Tuning, SQL Tuning, and Database/Instance Tuning.
- Delivering Oracle Database performance Tuning services for customers with Explain Plan, Tkprof, Statspack, SQL Trace, AWR, and ADDM.
- Performance Tuning i.e., tuning applications, Shared pool, I/O distribution, Buffer cache, Redo mechanisms.
- Experience in understanding and resolving issues related to Capacity planning, Network configuration, Trouble shooting and Security Administration.
- Knowledge in Monitoring Oracle Golden Gate from OEM 12c.
- Experience in maintaining Database Security using security compliance auditing, expertise in loading data from flat files using SQL*LOADER.
- Involved in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) for analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance with timely delivery against aggressive deadlines.
- Experience in E-Commerce, OLTP/OLAP and Data Warehouse Environments.
- Knowledge of SAN, NAS and RAID storage technologies.
- Supported the system 24x7. Ability to work beyond regular hours.
- Good knowledge on ITIL processes and concepts for managing incidents, change requests.
- Highly Enthusiastic in learning new things and enjoys challenges.
- Actively participated with the Process Representative group to oversee the quality procedures related to the project.
- Quick learner and excellent team player having ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
Operating Systems: Unix, Linux3.x,4.x,5.x,HP-UX10.x,11.x, AIX, SunSolaris 9.0/10.0, Windows 98/NT/2000/2003.
Tool/Utilities: SQL*LOADER, TOAD EXP, IMP, EXPDP, IMPDP, RMAN, RAC, OPATCH, Statspack, AWR, ADDM, OPATCH, NID, DBVERIFY, SRVCTL, CRSCTL, ASMCMD, DBCA, DBUA, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 10g/11g/, Putty, SQL*PLUS.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL for Oracle, C, C++, UNIX Shell Scripting.
RDBMS: Oracle 9i/10g/11gR1/R2, SqlServer 2005,2008, MS Access.
SR. Oracle Database Administrator
- Experience in Installing, configuring, creating and setup of Oracle Databases (10g, 11g) on Linux.
- Experience in supporting 10+ databases Includes RAC Database, Datawarehouse Database in Production, Development and Testing Environments.
- Experience in installation and maintained the Oracle Dataguard Setup for a production environment.
- Maintaining the databases of more than 5TB.
- Experience in Cloning/Refreshing databases for Development/Testing/Staging environments.
- Patched Oracle Database Server 11g/10g using Opatch utility.
- Created and managed users, roles, privileges, profiles, schemas using OEM.
- Performing day-to-day database administration tasks like tablespace usage, checking alert log, trace files, monitoring disk usage, Table/index analyze jobs, database backup logs etc.
- Involved in configuring and setup of oracle 11g Data guard using RMAN duplicate method.
- Installed OEM 12c with advanced configuration option with multiple plugins and configuration of OEM.
- Worked on Automatic Storage Management (ASM) for managing data inSAN.
- Installed agents on Target host from OEM 12c console and also using RPM file and agent deploy.sh script.
- Setup Notifications in various levels for Cluster activities, tablespace utilizations, Listener alerts using OEM.
- Write scripts for creation of users, creation and assignment of roles, analyze space requirements and maintain tablespaces and other database objects and also did the patch management for oracle upgrade.
- Expertise in Client server GUI software and different Operating systems.
- Experience in working ondatapumputilities expdp&impdp.
- Cloning databases using scripts as well as RMAN.
- 24x7 Production database administration, support and monitoring to ensure a proactive problem recognition and resolution of database issues.
- Creating and rebuilding indexes and optimizing the code to improve the performance.
- Experience in taking backups using User Managed backup (Cold/Hot) andLogical (Expdp/Impdp).
- SQL tuning and Database tuning has been done based on reports generated by SQL Trace,TKPROF Reports, Statspack, Explain Plan and monitor the database performance on daily basis and stored outlines before and after Database tuning to stabilize and optimize the database by changing the parameters.
- Creation, configuration and setting up of RMAN catalog databases and registering target databases with the catalog.
- Worked on SQL Navigator for tuning database, developing and testing stored procedures, schemas, and SQL scripts.
Environment:Oracle 10g/11gR1/R2, RAC, OEM Grid Control, Data Guard,SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, RMAN, ASM, AWR, ADDM, Tkprof, Stats pack, SQL Loader, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1/3.x/4.x/5.x, VMware.
Oracle Database Administrator
- Responsible for installation and administration of Oracle 10g, 11g databases on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Installing and Upgradingthe database from 10g to 126.96.36.199 latest patch set and applying CPU (PSU) patches on regular bases on PROD/TEST/DEV environments.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of RAC, Standby database.
- Good experience in Migrating from Oracle 10.2.0.4 on Solaris databases to Oracle 188.8.131.52 on Linux.
- Cloned/RefreshedOracle Databases and Oracle Applications for development and testing.
- Responsible for optimizing the queries and application tuning.
- Provided support to Application Database Administrators in designing the database.
- Experience in performing SQL tuning using Explain plan, Tkprof.
- Responsible for creating table spaces and data files and help users in creating other database objects.
- Installed and Implemented Backup & Recovery procedures.
- Expertise in taking backups using RMAN for backup and recovery, Implement Hot and Cold backup plans.
- Taking backups on scheduled time and monitoring the backups and preparing a backup and recovery plan after evaluating all options including RMAN and implemented weekly user managed backups.
- Experience in Installation of 2 node 11g RAC on ASM feature of oracle and Linux
- Management of schemas, objects partitioning the tables & indexes.
- Responsible for setting and managing user accounts, Granting required privileges to users.
- Perform other regular DBA activities including space management and performance monitoring.
- Expertise in process improvement, Oracle Server Installations / Upgrades/Patches, Space Management, Capacity Planning, Backup & Recovery, Disaster Recovery, Database Performance Tuning, Memory Tuning, Application Tuning, Security Administration, Data Warehousing, Data Guard, Oracle Advanced Replication, Real Application Clusters, Oracle Standby.
- Oracle Database monitoring, troubleshoot and resolve the issues.
- Extensive Performance Tuning, Memory (SGA) Tuning, Net backup, RAID , RAW Devices.
Environment: Linux 2.1/3.x/4.x/5.x, Oracle 10g/11gRAC, TOAD 9.0, Database Tools/Utilities, Enterprise Manager, TKPROF, ERWIN, AIX, Grid, Explain Plan, Sql Trace, RMAN.
Oracle Database Administrator
- Experience in monitoring multiple instances in Development, Test and production environments for multiple projects.
- Experience inRAC Installation on Oracle 11g and worked on ASMfeature of Oracle
- Experience in performing migration from Oracle 10g to Oracle 10g RAC database
- Good experience in setting up Oracle 10g Data Guard on Linux.
- Manage data architects, data administrators and client enhancement requests.
- Taking care of all alerts for space issues and user requests.
- Performed Memory Tuning: (SGA), library cache & data dictionary.
- Recovery of Database (Recovering from Media Failure, Recovering tables dropped accidentally, recovering data files, recovering from Block Corruption).
- Responsible for Installation and Configurations of Oracle 11g, 10g and 9i on Linux.
- Worked closely with application teams to assess and recommend SQL tuning suggestions for increased performance.
- Experience in User management tasks likeCreating and dropping of users, granting and revoking rights as and when required.
- Responsible for modifying the database structure as required based on information given by the developers.
- Involved in applying latest patches on the oracle database and also upgrading the database.
- Upgrade and migration from Oracle 184.108.40.206 databases to Oracle 10.2.0.3.
- Worked on import/export, datapump (expdp/impdp) and Sql*loader.
- Setup backup and recovery procedure using Netback up, Rman.
- Experience in Writing Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting and bash scripting
- Wrote UNIX shell scripting to automate tasks and crontab and dbms schedulerfor scheduling jobs.
Environment: Sun Solaris 9.0/10.0, AIX, Oracle 11gRAC/10gRAC/10g/9i, Data Guard, Toad, SQL*Loader, Oracle Warehouse Builder, ODBC, ASM, PL/SQL, XML, OEM Grid, RMAN.
Associate Oracle Database Administrator
- Experience in Installation of Oracle 9i and 10g database onRehat Linux.
- Migrated data from 9i to 10g using Transportable Tablespace and Export / Import utilities.
- Expertise in setting up Oracle 10g Data Guard on Linux.
- Monitored and Tuned database to optimize the performance and satisfy the availability.
- Responsible for Troubleshooting and Tuning by using Oracle utilities like Explain Plan, Stats Pack, and Tkprof for addressing performance bottlenecks is performed.
- Reviews and assigns remedy tickets assigned to the DBA team.
- Experience in taking Backups by using RMAN.
- Implemented Oracle Data Guard for maintaining oracle disaster recovery
- Used Storage Management using SAN.
- Provided 24x7 remote support and on call for Production database supporting developers & end-users.
- Manage Enterprise databases, users and roles by Oracle Enterprise Grid Control.
- Developed Dynamic SQL, PL/SQL Scripts, Packages and views.
- On-call support regarding production - related database problems is performed
- Created Data Modeling and Data definition Language (DDL) to support development efforts.
- Experience in creating PARTIONING and its types like Range, List & Hash by the specific use.
- Supported development effort by providing SQL statement tuning and query performance bottlenecks by using tools Explain Plan, SQL Trace, Tkprof, TOAD and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Established database backup/recovery strategy for different databases.
- Strong Knowledge in Application Development (client/server)
- Recovery procedures are applied for complete and incomplete recoveries depending on the type of failure.
Environment: Oracle 10gRAC/10g/9i, Redhat4 Linux, Data Guard, OEM Grid Control, RMAN, ESM, Explain Plan, SQL Trace, Tkprof, STATSPACK, Shell Scripting.