- Designed and Built a dashboard of Passenger Ticketing and Refunding using BI/Analytics with the help of on - site/offshore team of size 9 for a multi-billion-dollar Airline Client that helped their management to make sufficient changes on their delivery process.
- Migrated Oracle DBA Team’s legacy SharePoint Wiki Site to Office-365/Cloud environment.
- Increased Performance of Data Warehouse DB’s over the last two years by analyzing business needs, collaborating with stakeholders and altering the current data warehouse design in terms of objects design and ETL Processing.
- Designed and migrated legacy Oracle SQL and Other DB’s SharePoint Documents and Websites to Office-365.
- Installed and configured 2.8 version of Linux OS single node Hadoop server/client worker, HDFS setup.
- Migrated SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 to MS-SQL 2012/2014 and Oracle 11G to Oracle 12c.
- As a DW Architect, designed and implemented SSRS Reporting Solution by bringing reporting data set from SSAS that contains processed data from 18 SQL Server DB’s for a banking client. This report helped senior mgmt. to know the loans, interests, and loan payments for a given day or a period. This report saved about 3-5hours of manual spreadsheet calculation time.
- Performed Hadoop/Apache configuration and Implementation. Very good understanding of Amazon EMR/AWS Processes and implementation.
- Thorough knowledge and hands-on in Service Now Product which is used for Incident/Problem/Change/Project Management Tasks.
- Lead a team of BW Team in coordination with DBA Team and completed successfully Oracle’s DB Vault implementation for HP’s SAP/BW Database systems.
- Started analyzing Tableau configuration for Airline client.
- Lead a team of offshore DBA’s and implemented MS-SQL TDE data security into one of our customer confidential data set with AES-256, from which SAP/BW generates report out of.
- Continued to update my knowledge thru participation in educational opportunities, blogs, reading professional publications, personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Provided an out-of-the box architectural solution to SAP-BW’s Service Obligation module’s performance issues through a separate reporting Database alternative using Oracle’s Materialized View.
- Delivered two major (6months) innovative database projects well before schedule, involving complex DB designs, PL/SQL Programming and .NET technology Framework for worldwide renowned Airline clients that resulted in higher customer satisfaction in ticket reissue and refund category.
- Restored critical production SQL Server DBs from its corrupted storage issue with a combined effort from Windows, SAN teams in a timely manner that helped Airline Clients to restore their customer support application in a short turnaround time.
- Implemented a solution that combined 12 different schemas of similar structure in a single Oracle SAP instance along with PL/SQL Procedural/Package level objects into one schema which resulted in significant storage savings and performance gain.
- Developed and implemented Automated Application Deployment tool using Unix/DOS Shell script and PL/SQL Programming for Application DBAs supporting major Airline Industry Clients that reduced the DBA deployment effort from 60 minutes to 30 minutes.
- Developed and deployed DB Health Check and Cluster Health Check Reports using Unix Shell scripting and PL/SQL Programming for Oracle RAC environment thru which pro-active measures can be taken and avoid potential issues.
Database Administration: (10+) Oracle RAC, 12c/11G E-Business, MS SQL Server (2005-2014)(2+) DB2, Progress, RedBrick, Essbase
ETL/Data Modelling/EDW: (5+) MS-SSIS, Erwin, ERStudio, OLAP Cubes, Data Virtualization (1+) (1+) Informatica, SQL*Loader (3+) AirSOA, TIBCO, UML, MDM
Reporting/Analytical Tools: (3+) MS SSAS/SSRS, BO/Brio, Hyperion, Cognos/E-V, BEA Web Logic
Operating Systems: (15+) Windows, HP-Unix, Linux (1+) AIX, Hyper-V
Database Tools: (10+) SQL*Plus, PL/SQL Toad, DB Visualizer, SSMS, RMAN, OEM, Foglight, PA (1+) MS-SCCM, TDE, DB Backup and Recovery (5+) Data Protector, Golden Gate (1+) Confio, Veeam Discovery, StoreOnce, TSM
Programming: (10+) PL/SQL, Transact SQL, Shell Scripting, COBOL, Pro*C, C (1+) Python, Hive(6months), C# (3+) Hyperion-SQR, Java, .NET Framework/Web Development, Visual Studio
Project Management: (5+) SDLC, MS Project, Visio, Problem/Incident/Change (3+) Service Now, Remedy, CMDB
ERP: (3+) SAP, SAP/BW, HANA in Memory
BigData: (2+) Hadoop, HDFS, Apache, Datalake (6months+) AWS/EMR
Database Architect and Sr. DBA
- Consulted with business partners and made recommendations to improve the effectiveness of Big Data systems into current Data Warehouse setup and Voice Data Recording of Customer/Client Calls.
- Started building big data framework for collecting call center agent details between customer on behalf of client that would help management to identify potential ways to reduce the call time but at the same time address customer’s needs efficiently.
- Designed and implemented a Backup and DR solution for Oracle DB’s using HP Enterprise’s StoreOnce and RMAN.
- Designed and migrated legacy and Other DB’s SharePoint Documents and Websites to Office-365 Cloud.
- Worked and has a thorough knowledge of Service Now (SN) Product for Projects/Proj Tasks, Incidents, Changes, Problems, RITM/REQ Items. Configured DB specific items into SN. Created CMDB to help out DB Stakeholders for logging tickets rightfully.
- Successfully Installed and configured single/multi node Hadoop server/client worker setup.
- Successfully developed and implemented weekly Server storage availability metrics and DB Size Metrics using Unix Shell scripting and PL/SQL.
- Assisted application development team to successfully send data from MS-SQL Server DB into Oracle DB thru SSIS packages and invoke PL/SQL Procedures/Packages for data massaging and reporting.
- Completed Database Monitoring and Performance Analysis Tools Evaluation Report and submitted to Management.
- Assisted development team on data modelling for client’s specification.
- Migrated SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 to MS-SQL 2012/2014 and Oracle 11G to Oracle 12c.
- Designed and implemented SSRS Reporting Solution by bringing reporting data set from SSAS that contains processed data from 18 SQL Server DB’s for a banking client.
- Designed and implemented Capacity Planning Measurements and New DB Creation Guidelines that brought better process control and storage management.
- Built and implemented health check process for Oracle DB’s that reduced run team’s monitoring hours by 10%.
- Schedule On-Call rotations within team members.
- Currently working on Oracle 12c Upgrade, PCI Audit Solutions, and alternative standby mechanism.
- Project managing Data Center migration from legacy to NGDC and also actively involved in setting up Active/Passive Cluster SQL Servers. Started the deployment of patches using SCCM but it had been delayed.
- Worked with Network team during Network switch and ensured all critical production DB’s are in HA mode.
- Installed and configured AWS/EMR in sandbox environment as requested by Client.
- Designed and built a Data Mart from multiple data sources (Progress, SQL, Text) into one SQL Server DB by coordinating with client’s team of five members.
- Improved Ad-hoc/Scheduled Loan balance analytics report jobs execution time from 4 minutes to 1 minute on 50+ SQL/Oracle DB’s by properly re-configuring the report query criteria.
- Resolved critical production performance issue that yielded 60% faster query results.
- Provided recommendation report on “60+ Oracle RAC Instances in Power7 multiple LPAR’s” that stabilized the environment during peak usage and reduced high Memory and CPU utilization.
- Implemented Windows MPIO setup changes in conjunction with HBA Queue Depth in Cisco Blade Server environment that reduced I/O contention during peak DB operational hours.
- Reduced memory utilization to 78% from 95% by implementing a memory parameter change in production Windows Server Failover Cluster.
- Identified a major Backup-Recovery configuration issue in MS Analytics and Reports and resolution had been implemented.
- Recommended Maximum level of parallelism that reduced runtime of a complex Daily Health Claim Report that collects data from processed cubes in conjunction with other data sources.
- Faced error while trying to migrate SQL Instance with Contained DB Authentication option but resolved the issue by removing non-existing object reference by the stored procedures.
- Performed a feasibility study on the integration of data from various data sources into one big data warehouse for big-data architecture and data analytics using Hadoop/Hive framework/ETL/programming.
Team Lead and DBA - Oracle and SQL Server
- As a team lead, worked with Airline client’s IT Team and completed Application Portfolio Management repository and provided technical expertise and leadership for a potential SAP ERP implementation.
- Designed and deployed data warehouse, OLAP cubes, and dashboards for ticketing office using SQL Server,
- SSIS, SSAS, and SharePoint.
- Provided solution using branching strategy thus enabling in flight systems to be supported with hotfixes while application enhancements are in progress.
- Scheduled on-call rotation quarterly basis. Organized interviews for offshore team, new member on-boarding, and mentoring to ensure
- Implemented a monitoring tool thru Cluster Health Check for Oracle RAC environments.
- Designed and implemented a DR plan through Log Shipping and mirroring services setup in SQL Server DB’s, providing a win-win situation for the client and HP.
- Successfully implemented Golden Gate Extraction and Replication for a complex Data migration with negligible downtime.
- Created reports by building an Oracle Characteristics Module that collected size, storage, growth.
- Redesigned expensive SAP/BW Batch/ETL Processing PL/SQL Objects and SQL Queries that significantly reduced execution time from 2.5hrs 35 minutes.
- Successfully delivered a complex Ticket Refund and Reissue Migration project three weeks prior to deadline.
- Effectively used Erwin Data modeling tool to back up DB Structures before major/minor DB deployments.
- Created a DB Questionnaire for HP DBA Team for analyzing and planning storage and infrastructure needs.
- Completed a performance analysis and recommendations (New indices, proper equi-joins, reference table creation and so on) on one of our customer’s DB2 Database that reduced the report’s runtime significantly i.e. from 14 minutes 8minutes.
- Worked with one of our Airline client to improve the customer experience starting from calling an agent over phone to finishing the ticket booking thru big-data technology.
Architect and SAP/BW Performance and Optimization Lead
- Project managed a team of 8 members both onsite and offshore on scheduled project enhancements for BW functional design, architecture, roadmap and production support.
- Completed SAP/BW Oracle Database upgrades ensuring high availability of systems to management stakeholders and end users in a timely manner.
- Assisted SAP/BW Team in upgrading to EHP v6 and ensured no issues from Oracle Instances.
- Implemented Oracle Data Guard that provided near real time recovery from hardware failure and eliminated data loss.
- Through Oracle’s AWR reporting, corrected startup parameters that improved system performance in SAP/BW Oracle RAC instances.
- Designed and implemented archival and purge strategy for service obligation module that saved 150GB annually.
- Project managed a cross-functional team of 7 and successfully implemented SAP Business Intelligence on BO, BPC, SAP Business Warehouse (BW) on HANA, and HANA Live.
- Developed and implemented an out of box solution for SAP/BW performance issue by replicating High Volume Data Tables into a Reporting Oracle DB using Materialized Views.
Technical Project Manager
- Ensured legacy Finance and Sales and Marketing application DB’s are highly available and meet or exceed report query performance expectations with little to no support.
- Performed data modelling thru Erwin/ERStudio for Training Certification Program and inbound/outbound interfaces.
- Proven team player by partnering with several global technical teams concurrently while working with major datacenter/database consolidation activities with size to terabytes involving different technologies (SAP, ORACLE, Neoview) with criticality ranging from Mission Critical, Essential Entity to Normal.
- Lead multi geography cross -functional teams and cross knowledge training the team members in order to have a self-sufficiency and balance among the employees. Mentored team members.
- Managed activities of individual contributors for full end-to-end application IT activities with direct responsibility for business user relations, program management, and functional design, coordinating the architecture, roadmap, support and development through adjunct virtual teams for many applications within Sales & marketing, Finance and Services IT portfolio.
- Provided monthly, quarterly, half and yearly peers review through 1:1 and 360 processes that appreciated and rewarded employees and peers. Further I helped them to set their career and organizational goals.
- Completed Setup and configuring of Site to Site (S2S) for Oracle and SQL Server databases.
Sr Programmer Analyst and Project Manager
- As a DBA/Programmer Analyst, I was responsible for managing Worldwide Training and Certification (T&C) Program for HP. In addition,
- Provided GAP Analysis for Oracle data warehouse systems and designed and implemented backup strategy for SQL and Oracle databases.
- Successfully implemented upstream and downstream interfaces using Oracle PL/SQL Programming, SQL*Loader, Unix Shell scripting.
- Had successfully been involved in debugging, developing, deploying one of the complex, mind riveting, robust and above all, revenue making program called HP Accreditation Process. This entire program is built on recursive cursor by following the best PL/SQL Programming practice till to-date.
- Performed User Management and System Security maintenance.
- Monitored Pay for Performance Application, an incentive program that motivated Partners and Employees to be certified in HP products.
- Successfully completed Oracle upgrades and consolidated many training DB’s into three regional instances for all WW Training Certification DB’s.
- As a Project Manager, I had
- Facilitated training and certification projects for the Steering Committee to ensure timely delivery.
- Managed T&C Projects and their yearly major/minor release schedules
- Retired legacy systems by successfully migrating into SABA, a Learning Management System.