- Over 15 years of consulting experience with Oracle Products like Oracle Fusion Middleware as Identity Engineer / SOA / Webcenter Admin with a very strong background as Oracle DBA with RAC
- Configuring the Security policy for an application built on FMW 11g, using Oracle Access manager to provide Single sign on and authentication and authorization through CAC and x509 integration to comply with the security requirements of DOD. Enhance webservices security using OEG / API gateway along with OAM to prevent threats like injections and flooding.
- Build Several Webcenter Spaces portals using Webcenter spaces that integrate to Webcenter content through secure enterprise search SES, Integration with People Soft through Portlets and WSRP. Extending Spaces with extend spaces and Taskflows ADF. Integrating Webcenter spaces with bpm using process spaces integration between spaces and BPM.
- Build several clusters for spaces / content / bpm using Exalogic x3 and to provide access to the applications using oracle traffic director that is integrated with oracle access manager for Security.
- Experience with Load balancers, and Weblogic Plug - in and using Both Oracle Webtier and also Apache custom built.
- Special Emphasis on Identity mgmt. particularly OID / OAM / OVD/ OUD / ODSM /Webgate, Implementation of federation services using PING / SAML to extend WNA to Fusion Middleware to create Zero sign on scenarios. Setting up high availability Identity databases using OID replication.
- Providing integration with Other ldap providers through OVD and providing a platform .User management using OID/OIM and SSO solutions using OAM and AD, Edirectory, iplanet
- Several Years of Experience as Oracle DBA both in HA solutions like RAC and packaged applications like Oracle ERP suite.
- Implemented SSL with oracle Portal and SSO / OID (https) using Oracle wallet. Implemented SSL Through JKS technology, using Keystore and Identity Stores and OWSM.
- Knowledge of Active to Active, Active to Active Stand by, Active to Standby and stand alone implementation of Fusion Middle Ware.
- Experience Installing 12c Cloud control OEM with advanced features like ADP/ JVMD / Request monitoring.
- Vast Experience with RMAN to implement Backup/Recovery strategies and clear understanding of the data structures and architecture provided by ORACLE for Recovery in all kinds of Disasters.
- Heavy Emphasis on reviewing and researching Oracle Security Alerts, CPU s and recommending and implementing security patches and Ensuring Federal agencies is compliant with security requirements
- Proficiency in Installing, Configuring, Patching and implementation of Oracle Middle Ware Infrastructure. Cluster of Managed Servers and Migration of Domains and Node Managers.
- Worked extensively with New Productivity Enhancement tools like Oracle cloud control and FM control for fusion middle ware and Applications Manager. Experience in Utilizing Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c as the main tool to monitor databases and Application servers, including People soft plugin.
- Understanding of the Architecture, Features and Facilities offered by Oracle Fusion server to Develop, Deploy and Operate, Internet Applications with Objectives of Saving Costs and Time and Tight Integration
- Special expertise in configuring OEM 11 / 12c to monitor Fusion Middleware and monitoring during stress tests and architectural difference between jrockit/ jdk for prod and other environments
- Experience and use of Unix Shell Scripts ( ksh / csh ) In various Applications, and Use of CRON to monitor several databases and communication (alerts) to wireless devices.
- Database tuning techniques like Statspack / AWR Tkprof and enabling traces and analyzing ADDM reports.
- Significant time tuning and monitoring JVMs in livego situations and debugging class by class using Thread dumps and GC tuning and tools like samurai and search lite and 12c cloud control
- Close working experience with content managers/ IPM to integrate content management with webcenter
- Oracle Middleware Weblogic server 11g / RAC Installation / Upgrade/ Patching, Cloning
- Webcenter Spaces, Webcenter content, Webcenter imaging, SOA, OSB, OEG API Gateway
- Aix, Solaris, Linux, Ultrix, HP-UX, Linux, Windows NT, Iris, Motif, X - windows, VNC server,Shell Scripting
- BPEL, ADF, ADP / JVDM / Request Monitoring /OWSM / OID / OVD / OUD
- OUM Oracle Unified Method, Pack, Unpack, WLST, Jconsole, jrockit mission control etc.
- Backup and recovery ( RMAN), SQL Loader, Export and Import, Datapump PL/SQL, Metalink, Oracle Streams, OEM, ERwin, CITRIX, Vpn, SR TAR management.
- XML, J2EE, SOAP, Java, HTML, Jinitiator, Oracle Forms, Reports, Toad, Sql loader, Discoverer, OBIEE
Fusion Middleware Server Admin
- Implemented a SSO solution using Oracle Access Manager and Oracle webgate to applications built on fusion middleware stack such as OBIEE and Forms. The SSO solution basically provided Zero sign on solution with the integration CAC cards with X509 authentication and enabling ssl throughout the entire flow of the application.
- Install and configure ORACLE API gateway (oracle enterprise gateway) at a major credit card company WEX Inc. to provide access point (first line of protection) for all the web services(mostly SOAP) that are published on both ORACLE SOA and oracle OSB, creating policy flow diagrams for verification based on IP, also to prevent injection, monitoring payloads, and integration of OEG with oracle access manager using AccessServerSDK to provide authentication services. Providing procedure for registering and reregistering webservices and providing monitoring capabilities using service monitor service and provide analytics.
- Building Portals Using Oracle Webcenter Spaces and Integrating Content with Webcenter Portal and configuring Secure Search SES, to meet Needs Enterprise Portals and Employee Portals for Organizations like DOD contractors and Health care benefits Providers and City Governments. Using SOA suite as an integration tool between partner agencies and Oracle ERP suite and Peoplesoft, by providing adopter for transfers of files and data, Developing and Deploying Webservices to achieve the integration. Securing Webservices using OWSM and various security policies rendered by OWSM and Oracle enterprise Gateway.
- Providing high availability through Weblogic Clustering and RAC databases,. Setting up an active to active stand by architecture for High Availability of Critical Portal application developed through webcenter spaces and Webcenter Content and OID replication . SSL was enabled in all phases of the network from Load balance to Apache Apache to Middleware, Middleware to Data sources (People soft and Oracle Apps) and SSL to the Authentication Providers using techniques like Oracle Wallets and Keystores and Credential maps and OPSS.
- Tuning the database parameters to suit 11gias and setting JVM parameters and setting proper Garbage Collection parameters for performance and setting parameter providers for Identity. Import and export of webcenter applications and working with content management team is day to day routine.
- Extensive use of Oracle Identity Management for user provisioning (OIM/OAM/ODSM) for one line of the portal application and used EDIR for HR related portal. Zero signon was implemented using SAML and ping federated. IPM was used to process Invoices that were stored in ECM, which were processed and sent to ERP system.
- Install and configuration and architecture of oracle Secure Enterprise Search SES in two different portal scenarios, in scenario one, SES sitting between Content management system and webcenter spaces portal providing secure search of the documents existing in the content management. In second scenario installed a standalone SES 11.1…2.2 and integrated it to APEX portal using custom identity plugins .
- Build portals for a major health care discount provider (Webcenter PS5), building member portal and pharmacy portal, participating at architectural level and Several POC soultions using Single Signon through OAM and webgate . And security at page level through Templates and taskflow s. Worked closely with ADF developers guiding them with new features available in Spaces.
- Installed Oracle cloud management tool OEM, with special emphasis on Middleware monitoring with remote agents using 12c and configuring JVM diagnostics manager /agents, ADP manager and agents and Request monitoring. Hands on Experiance with both JVDM and Application Dependency and Performance. Peoplesoft plugin was integrated to OEM to monitor PSFT applications. OUM is used as management / methodology / documentation device from the desktop provided by Confidential . Used OEM for provisioning to clone oracle middleware homes and oracle domains across several platforms and to apply patches to meet recommendations and also install J2EE agents for performance monitoring.
Sr. Oracle Applications DBA / Architect
- Oracle Apps R 12 / 188.8.131.52 10 giAS Fusion, 10Grac
- Analyze, design and implement Oracle applications R 12 / 184.108.40.206 to support The KFA project Undertaken by The second Largest Utility Company to consolidate all their existing financial systems into Oracle Apps.
- The final architecture had a 4 Node RAC with 4 Node Stand by Database built on Solaris10 / Veritas Storage Foundation 5.0, and 5 node web tier and 2 node concurrent node with shared Appl Top using config top architecture with load balancer and entry point syntax.
- Provide technical knowledge and Implement and troubleshoot and provide production support to help with day to day activities.
- Provide settings for PCP and Failover and keeping up with CPU and Patches released by oracle and recommending and promoting those patches in an orderly fashion.
- Performance tuning was very critical as this system is expected to grow to 3 TB. OID/SSO integration was achieved from Active Directory to Oracle Financials.
- Cloning from RAC to RAC and non RAC to RAC and RAC to non RAC was a constant reqt. To meet Customer need.
- 10gias integration to Oracle Financials to enhance Discoverer and achieve SSO.
- SSO was implemented by using 10gias / OID, by defining AD as external authentication server and using utilities like DIP tester and ldif import/export from EBS to OID.
- Maximo / OBIEE have been integrated with Oracle Financials.
- Extensive work on oracle streams product to set up auditing and reporting solution through OBIEE to build custom procedures to quickly implement and refresh streams solutions.
Sr. Oracle Applications DBA / ArchitectResponsibilities:
- Oracle Apps 220.127.116.11 (CU2) / 10G RAC / 10G iAS / DMZ configuration
- As a member of the DBA Team that Administers and Maintains and operates one of the Largest Databases in the World,
- Using Oracle Apps 11i and Oracle RAC 10G, supporting the Medicare and Medicaid data of Department Of health sciences Agency Named CMS, appropriately named as HIGLAS Project, implemented by IBM as the Primary Vendor.
- Analysis and upgrade from Apps 11.5.9 to 18.104.22.168 using 10g RAC on AIX 5L (64-bit).
- Working HIGLAS project, responsible for day to day operations, analysis of current Architecture/Procedures and making recommendations for a system that hosts a Database larger than 3 Terabytes in size, and provides Data to various agencies using various Middleware including See Confidential / Autosys / CMOD, on a Two tier, Two app servers with a Load Balancer and Two Node RAC to support the 4T size database and run Concurrent queues in a distributed environment i.e. Parallel Concurrent Processing
- RMAN is the main tool for backups
- Heavy emphasis on Performance Tuning from End Client to the Database server, Use of I3 from Symantec as a tool to Tune both SQL and PLSQL.
- Mercury’s Kintana is used to simplify the Patching process and save time.
- Applying builds / CR are day-to-day activities.
- Analysis of CPU updates effects of RUP3 and RUP4 are part of duties.
- Responsibilities also include CPU analysis, monitoring the Batch processing, tuning the Entire system in general, and performing Health checks.
- Responsibilities include Cloning and Patching and Security analysis
- Mercury’s Kintana is also used to simplify Applying builds / CR is day to Maintain Integrity and Controls.
- Data guard/ Stand by database were implemented as a High availability Solution Along With RAC.
- Heavy emphasis on meeting the security recommendations for Oracle Databases, Ex: meeting the recommendations made by App scan/ DB scan.
- Oracle Apps 22.214.171.124 (CU2)
- Oracle Database 10g (10.1.0.4.0 )
- Discoverer 10.1.2.0.0
- Working on a short term project with Raytheon in DC area, helping fix the problems before going production with their upgrade from 11.5.2 to 126.96.36.199. And providing/implementing a solutions to integrate Oracle Applications login with siteminder from netegrity using SSO solution provided by Oracle Application Server 10g IAS, by configuring Oracle OID / LDAP and integrating Oracle SSO with site minder from Netegrity using siteminders web agent.
- Oracle Apps 188.8.131.52 (CU2)
- Oracle Database 10g (10.1.0.4.0 ) / DMZ configuration
- Discoverer 10.1.2.0.0
- As a lead Production DBA, for the past 4 years at Confidential, is directly responsible for availability, Integrity, Security and Performance of the Financials Database and portal of Federal Student Aid (or FSA).
- Working on Federal Project for Confidential Implementing Federal Financials, is responsible for providing lead DBA support for Operations and Technical leadership for code migrations and Test builds and Configuration Management and Providing Technical Direction for the Department.
- Day to day activities include General Database Tuning, Troubleshooting (Helping various Financial Institutes access to FSA), providing client with solutions for Backup & Recovery, Stand by Databases, Reporting Instances, Security of the System, Load balancing Using Network Dispatcher and Forms Metric Server. Actively participating in the Analysis for upgrade from 11.0.3 to 11i and recently Helped Dept upgrade from 11.0.3 to 11.5.10.