- 15+ years of IT experience in SDLC, (Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation Rollout and Production Support), working on various in-house customized and purchased software applications in an Oracle RDBMS environment. Most recent implementation was Oracle ERP R12.1.2 focusing on Oracle Financials.
- Have 10+ years of Techno-Functional experience in Oracle Applications (General Ledger, Receivables, Payables, Fixed Assets, & Cash Management) with recent exposure to Oracle Inventory and Order Management modules.
- Worked heavily on a custom Warehouse & Transportation Billing Application for a packaging business. The billing application received transactions from Oracle Order Management and interfaced invoice transactions into Oracle Receivables.
- Experience working in both a technical and functional role. However, in the past 5 years, transitioned from a technical analyst/developer to a business/systems analyst. Roles include Technical Project Leader, Lead Technical Analyst, Technical Analyst/Designer/Developer, Business Analyst (Requirements-Functional Design).
- Spent 10 years as a technical analyst/developer designing and developing in-house applications and customizing Oracle standard modules using tools such as (PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripts, Oracle Reports/Forms, Oracle FSG, COBOL, Toad, SQL*Navigator etc.)
- Experience performing various data conversions. Also, worked with bank regarding ACH process.
- Experience working with business end-users to understand processes and create business requirement documents. Also work with technical team members (including offshore developers) to review functional & technical design documents.
- Have in-depth technical and functional skills to analyze complex programs and/or application issues with the ability to identify/resolve root cause of problem in order to prevent repetitive occurrences.
- Worked as an Oracle Consultant and utilized Oracle’s AIM methodology.
- Experience with day-to-day Production Support assisting end-users with application issues.
- Have excellent written & verbal communication, meeting facilitation, time management and project planning skills (training in PMBOK). Possess skills to work independently or as a team.
- Excellent documentation skills using tools such as MS-Word/Excel/Projects/PowerPoint/Visio. Ability to translate business processes into a visual diagram highlighting all impacted areas.
- Created training documentation for end-users for in-house custom applications.
- Created test scripts for Quality Assurance phase of projects
- A self motivated, customer-focused, accountable & organized individual who manages daily workloads by prioritizing tasks based on business needs.
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, MS Access
Operating Systems: HP-UNIX, Linux, MS Windows
Languages: PL/SQL, SQL, Unix Shell Scripting, Cobol, OS/JCL
Applications: Custom Billing Application, Custom Invoice-PO Match Pay Application, Oracle EBS 11.0.3, 11.5.10, 12.0.3, 12.1.2 (General Ledger, Receivables, Payables, Cash Management, Fixed Assets, Cost Accounting)
Tools: TOAD, SQL Navigator, SQL*Loader, SQL*Plus, PVCS Version Manager, WS-FTP, Meeting Place, CISCO IP, STAR, Remedy/Atlas, Share Point, Oracle Reports/Forms, Quickest Pro, Oracle AOL, HDFS (Production Support Helpdesk), MS Office: Word-Excel-Projects, PowerPoint, Visio
Confidential, Sr. Systems Analyst Dec 2009 - Present
- Participated in the entire lifecycle of the Global Oracle ERP R12.1.2 implementation for Switzerland and U.S. location. Applications implemented were Oracle Financials, Oracle Service Field-Contracts, and Oracle Logistics. Responsible for the (analysis, design, implementation, testing, go-live) for Oracle Financials (AR, AP, GL and SLA).
- Responsible for performing application setup for Oracle Financials and working with Order Management and Inventory analyst to perform required financial setup.
- Responsible for translating business requirements into functional specification documents for Oracle Financial (AR, AP & GL) and in-house custom applications. Also created functional specifications to extract financial data for EDW reporting purposes. Ensure specifications are in compliance with company standards.
- Responsible for organizing and facilitating meetings to discuss/review functional specifications. Also, as part of review process, complete inspection form listing issues noted in functional specification document.
- Responsible for working with offshore development team to ensure functional requirements are developed according to specifications. Also, perform review of technical requirements.
- Work with cross-functional teams during Analysis-Design phase, Computer Integrated Testing, Performance Testing and User Acceptance Testing phase of project. End-to-End testing includes Oracle Field and Service Logistics applications. The teams are: Incident Creation, Incident Management, Customer Support, Parts Logistics, and Finance etc.)
- Provide post go-live and month-end production support for Oracle Financials. Work with DBA and Release Management teams to migrate production changes during required deployment periods.
- Provide day-to-day production support for Oracle Financial modules.
- Use Oracle Meta-link to research Application issues. Also, use OWC-Oracle Web Conference, to work with Oracle Support personnel to work thru production issues.
- Organize and facilitate periodic meetings to discuss business areas needing improvement.
- Participate in weekly production support meetings with business users and I.T. to ensure high priority production issues are addressed.
- Possess technical skills which are very beneficial when reviewing development specifications, analyzing application issues and performing SQL queries against Oracle database tables.
- Use MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint & MS-Visio to document and diagram business process flows
- Strong communication and organization skills. A self starter who is able to work independently or as part of a team. Provide weekly status reports to identify tasks worked, tasks completed, tasks outstanding and any risks/issues. Also, participate in interviewing individuals for contract and permanent Oracle Financial positions.
Confidential, Sr. Business Analyst Nov 2008 – Dec 2009
- Responsible for working on a custom oracle-based billing application creating functional requirements for new system enhancements.
- Assisted customers with ad-hoc reporting requests – create SQL queries using Toad software.
- Use Quick test Pro software to automate the configuration setup of custom objects within Oracle Application Developer.
- Assist customers with day-to-day Production Support issues – participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
- Created test scenarios and performed testing on custom oracle-based applications due to an operating system upgrade.
Contract/Short-Term Assignments Oct 2006 – Feb 2008
- Oracle Financials Analyst: As a member of the Oracle e-Business Suite 12.0.3 implementation team, responsible for organizing and facilitating meetings with end-users to gather requirements for Cash Management & Receivables. Created weekly status reports. Work with consultants to define department technical standards. Use Oracle’s AIM methodology for documentation.
- Oracle Financials Analyst: As a member of the Oracle e-Business Suite implementation team, responsible for leading the data conversion project. Responsibilities included working with end-users and consultants to identify data conversion requirements. Created data mapping templates for each module (GL,AP,AR,FA,and INV) along with a project plan to monitor the status of the data conversion project. Converted PL/SQL programs into the new Oracle environment. Converted SQL*Plus reports and Oracle Reports into the new environment. Supported the existing Oracle production transaction engine AR interface. Scheduled and led meetings to discuss the status of the project. Furthermore, performed Oracle application system administrator responsibilities (created and assigned new Oracle responsibilities to oracle user ids via the System Administrator responsibility). Created SR’s via Oracle Support to resolve production issues. The Oracle e-Business Suite was in an Oracle 10g RDMS with RAC.
Confidential, Lead Systems/Technical Analyst Jul 1999 – Sep 2006
- Led a small team of analysts that provided production support, created application enhancements and implemented new customers. The systems included a custom Oracle Billing application for the Transportation – Warehouse business, a custom Oracle Purchase Order-Invoice Matching application (APPO) and the Oracle Financials Application Suite 11.0.3 (GL, AR, AP, FA).
- Interacted heavily with user community to gather business requirements for enhancements and new projects. Created business requirements documents which included business flow diagrams. Scheduled and led meetings to review business requirements for accuracy. Analyzed and translated business requirements into technical specifications for development team.
- Worked with developers to ensure requirements were developed within scheduled timeframe. Also, worked with user community and business analyst during Quality Assurance/User Acceptance testing (QA/UAT) to address any issues. Attended weekly IT Resource meetings to discuss potential customers to be implemented onto the Billing Application.
- Provided time estimates and technical resource allocation for all tasks. To help manage production support, utilized a packaged software application called Helpdesk Facility System (HDFS) to track all production issues identified by the user community. Created an issues log to track and resolve recurring problems. Furthermore, managed all production migrations using a predefined change control process (PVCS). In addition, organized and led weekly status meetings and provided Billing System presentations to the Global Financial Systems (GFS) management team and members. The GFS Group consists of approximately 30 resources (BA/QA, Reporting & Development teams).
- Performed an initial gap-analysis to determine if an existing transportation/warehouse billing application met the business needs for the packaging business billing requirements. As a result of the gap-analysis, a new custom Oracle Billing application was developed. Responsibilities involved working very closely with end-users along with the Business Analyst to define business requirements. Translated the functional design to a technical design, created technical specifications for developers along with performing actual development tasks. Created and maintained a technical project plan (MS Projects) which was used to provide a weekly status to the project manager and to ensure tasks were completed within expected timeframe. Also created & maintained an issues log to discuss during weekly status meetings. In addition to managing tasks on an aggressive timeline, had to also manage unexpected user requirement changes 2 weeks before go-live. At the completion of project, created a production turnover checklist and worked with the DBA to ensure all custom objects were properly implemented into the production environment.
- Other projects worked on included: The lead analyst for the Oracle Financials 11.0.3 upgrade project, lead analyst for the custom Oracle-based Purchase Order – Invoice Matching Application, & Oracle Assets Mass Allocation Project. Taught internal customers how to develop Oracle FSG reports. Also, appointed by manager to be the team lead on several Internal Process Improvement projects that defined procedures & guidelines for the IT Production Support team, defined a standardized weekly status reporting mechanism. In addition, as a member of the Internal SDLC committee, responsible for defining specific tasks that should be performed during each phase of the SDLC process. And performed job interviews for corporate positions.
Confidential, Senior Consultant Jun 1998 – Jul 1999
- As an Oracle Consultant, worked with various companies throughout the Southeast region designing, developing and implementing custom Oracle solutions for the Oracle Financials Suite of applications (GL,AR,AP,CM,and HR). Worked on a project at Sunterra Resort in Orlando, Florida developing custom reports using Oracle FSG-Oracle Reports, created various batch interfaces using PL/SQL, UNIX and Forms. Developed a custom interface loading bank files into the Oracle Cash Management application. The cash management transactions were reconciled against checks printed via Oracle Payables. Create custom interfaces for Oracle Receivables and Payable modules. Also, converted various SQL*Loader scripts to PL/SQL packages, created technical design and data mapping documents. Interacted very heavily with Oracle Business Analyst and client personnel.
Confidential, Technical Project Leader (Contractor) Feb 1997 – May 1998
- JEA converted mainframe applications to Oracle applications. As an Independent Contractor, responsible for leading the conversion of JEA’s financial reports. To accomplish this goal, I interacted with the user community to defined reporting requirements. Created business requirements documents as well as technical specification documents. The Reports developer used the technical specification to produce reports in an Oracle environment. In addition, worked with Oracle consultants to review the functional setup performed within the Oracle GL module. Also, trained end-users on the functionality of Oracle GL and participated in weekly status meetings.
Confidential, Sr. Systems Analyst May 1987 – Jun 1996
- Began my career working for a company that provided me with a solid foundation of the SDLC phases for a project. Responsibilities included working closely with F&A and IT Management teams to define and analyze business requirements, developing and implementing a Cost Accounting and reporting application. During customer implementations, traveled to various plant sites to discuss/gather requirements from the plant F&A team. Conducted meetings and provided training for end-users & developers. Created detail technical design and training documentation for each project. Also, created technical specifications and delegated assignments to contractors and team members. Created weekly status reports for management team. Visited Universities to interview graduating seniors for corporate positions and/or Internships.
- Worked on a major project to convert the Mainframe Cost Accounting application to the Oracle GL environment. Once converted, defined & created various custom enhancements for the Oracle General Ledger application.
BS Degree Computer Information Systems
CERTIFICATE Project Management Professional Course (PMBOK)EMPLOYMENT SUMMARY
Dec 2009 – Present Confidential, Atlanta, Ga.
Sr. Systems Analyst Consultant
Nov 2008 – Dec 2009 Confidential, Atlanta, Ga.
Sr. Business Analyst Consultant
Oct 2006 – Feb 2008 Short-Term/Contract Positions
Jul 1999 - Sep 2006 Confidential, Alpharetta, Ga.
Lead Technical Analyst
Jun 1998 – Jul 1999 Confidential, Tampa, FL
Oracle Senior Consultant
Feb 1997 – May 1998 Confidential, Jacksonville, Fl Independent Contractor - Technical Project Leader
May 1987 – Jun 1996 Confidential, Pittsburgh Pa.
Sr. Systems Analyst