Master of Science in International Relations emphasis in Economics
Bachelor of Art in International Relations emphasis in Economics
Freelance Translator/Interpreter Charlotte, NC December 2004- Present
- Assist immigrants with different paper work: refugee/asylum case, Diversity visa, non-immigrant visa
- Translate and interpret different international documents and immigration interview
- Assist international students in personal, social and academic concern
Confidential†Charlotte, NC April 2010-June 2010
- Planned work by reviewing assignment area to determine organization of neighborhoods and locate households for conducting interviews.
- Conducted interviews with residents in assigned areas by following stringent guidelines and confidentiality laws. Explained the purpose of the census interview, answered residents\' questions, elicited information following a script, and recorded census data on forms.
- Performed numerous clerical works.
Confidential†Charlotte, NCJuly 2007- February 2008
Customer Service Associate
- Supported internal and external customers of Pitney-Bowes
- Indexed electronic files for TIAA CREF.
- Worked in the imaging department: prepared applications, request of payment, correspondence, lockbox, checks , and so on
- Handled time-sensitive material like confidential and urgent packages
- Maintained all logs and reporting documentation
- Verified data
- Performed other tasks as assigned.
Confidential†Davidson, NC July 2006- July 2007
Staff Assistant II
- Assisted International Advisor with all immigration documents for each international student: Visa, I-20, I-94 card, I-901 SEVIS.
- Assisted in the coordination and implementation of international student orientation: scheduling rooms, coordinating all meals, contacting different departments, preparing correspondence.
- Managed all office files and documents, prepared and processed invoices, order analyses and confirmations.
- Kept detailed financial records for the office and pay all bills.
- Tracked vendor costs and invoices, and time entry.
Confidential†Tallahassee, FL January 2000-July 2004†
Customer Service Assistant/Administrative Assistant
- Supported internal and external employees and contractors.
- Generated research reports.
- Maintained hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Performed general clerical duties.
- Prepared and maintained complex fiscal, accounting and financial records.
- Supported contractors and engineers through inbound call, outbound call, and email, in person; answered questions and resolved problems.
- Processed opening and closing accounts on computer; prepared refund checks for certain closed accounts; updated account files.
- Prepared and distributed financial and accounting reports.
- Matched invoices and other requests for payment with purchase order or contract documents; approved funds availability; distributed to departments for approval.
Confidential†Tallahassee, FL January 1999- December 1999†
- Filed, scanned, uploaded paperwork for lawyers
- Helped lawyers I preparing their court argument
- Handled correspondence for lawyer and paralegal
- Performed numerous clerical tasks
Confidential†Tallahassee, FL January 1998- December 1998
Cashier/Customer Service Desk
- Collected payment for the purchased goods
- Provided excellent customer service
- Calculate and documented totals of transaction
- Resolved any complaints by the customers.
Interpersonal:†ability to work in team-based environment and under pressure, great†
Interpersonal and organizational skills, detailed oriented, creative.†
Language:†French, Swahili, and Lingala (Advanced)
Computer:†MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Access and MS Word, Internet, publisher,†
Power point, SEVIS, Banner, and Web Management.