Professional Snap Shot:
Accountant with 10 plus years progressive experience in various accounting functions-G/L,F/A,A/P,A/R, Reconciliation of Financial statement items and Banks, internal audit & credit control, financial analysis, financial and management reporting, credit analysis, costing, cash management and computerized accounting systems implementation. Extensive experience in diversified industries with proven track record in mentorship, training, seeking challenging opportunities, excellent customer service skills, business development, team work, excellent leadership qualities and interpersonal communication skills. Specific strengths include timeliness, and eye for details and accuracy, emphasis on process improvements and enhancement of profitability, business process flow design and implementation, individual and collective contributor, adept and experienced in problem solving and providing solutions. Strong theoretical knowledge of US GAAP,GAAS, IFRS, SOX, Tax, Business Analysis, Oracle R12 financials, SAP Fico
Confidential - San Jose-CA Consultant- Accounting / Costing / Financial Analysis , May-2007 to Current
- Monthly/ Yearly closing, Financial Statement preparation & Analysis.G/L, A/P, A/R, reconciliation etc.
- Reviewing of transactions & Journal entries.(accuracy and timeliness)
- Job Costing for special order products.(accurate and relevant information emphasis)
- Ad-hoc management reporting.(providing specific reports and relevant information enhancing profitability/decision making.
Confidential - Mountain View, CA, Staff Accountant/ Payroll - July 2008 to September 2009
- Processed payroll for over 200 employees (union and non-union/ exempt) with stringent timelines constraints promptly and accurately.
- Audit of time cards for accuracy (hours/ rates / jobs), job sheets for various projects.
- Maintenance of employee records for OSHA compliance, equipment training, garnishments, loans.
- Processed ACH bank transfer of payroll and manual printing of checks and timely distribution per labor laws.
- Streamlined the document work flow process through business analysis, and trained personnel to accurately follow directions, emphasis on prioritizing and timely submitting payroll related documents.
- Ad-hoc reporting on costing issues and usage of assets on different projects affecting profitability of individual projects.
- Streamlined through business analysis techniques, the accurate allocation of assets usage through designing of Fixed assets movement schedules, monitoring and recording, and Fixed assets depreciation schedules and retiring of obsolete and unproductive/ least cost effective fixed assets.
- Weekly, Quarterly and Annual reporting of tax, filings.
- Reporting to various Unions, and other regulatory agencies, certified payroll on government projects.
- Providing audit assistance to government agencies and external financial auditors related to payroll.
Confidential - Santa Clara, CA- Billing Analyst, April 2008 to May 2008.
- Handled e-customer queries concerning accounts reconciliation using Oracle11i system.
- Analyzing customer accounts.
- Expediting or escalating depending on individual cases.
- Statement printing, credit and debit memos issuing.
- Passing of journal entries to customer accounts matching of payments received, refunding of excess payments, issuing credit memos, adjustment with multiple accounts.
- Provided excellent customer service through online and telephone and helped timely collections.
Confidential - Office of Research Administration/ Manpower, Palo Alto, CA- Consultant A/R Aging Re-conciliation project, July 2007-December 2007.
- Successfully complete special project for accounts receivables aging, streamlined and cleaned up the A/R process.
- Conducted ageing analysis of accounts receivables, researched to find errors (clerical and system).
- Passed relevant correction journal entries using Oracle 11i system.
- Reported on uncollectible, non-traceable and negligible amounts resulting from errors for write-off to the management.
- Interacted with a wide range of personnel from various divisions and departments. Helped the team lead on other jobs.
Confidential - San Jose, CA - Accountant / Project Billing, December 2005 to April 2007.
- Worked on all facets of accounting (G/L,F/A,A/P, A/R,), financial statement preparation in a small consultancy environment.
- Worked on project costing and billing and set up time and expenses budgets to monitor variance and control.
- Invoice , statement printing, mailing, responding to client queries, re-conciliation, banking deposits.
- Payroll functions, for both employees and 1099 contractors.
- Tax filings and reporting.
Confidential - Fremont, CA- Full charge accountant, October 2003 to October 2005.
- One man accounting services provided with a small size construction and remodeling firm.
- Worked on G/L,F/A, A/P,A/R, Payroll, Costing, Billing, Financial statement preparation.
- Emphasized accuracy and established proper documentation procedures.
- Set up accounting policies.
Confidential, San Jose, CA- Book keeper, February 2001 to August 2003.
- Full charge book keeper, provided total accounting services.(F/A depreciation, G/L,A/P,A/R, expenses, inventory)
- Billing to customers, cash collection and banking-reconciliation.
- Handling customer / vendor enquiries.
- Financial statements preparation.
- Audit of inventory and fixed assets.
Confidential, San Jose, CA- Tax Associate / Preparer, 3 tax seasons- January to April, 2002,2003,2004.
- CTEC certified tax preparer.
- Prepared individual taxes conducting detailed queries with honesty and integrity, due diligence for accuracy and tax codes.
- Provided excellent customer services.
- Provided financial planning and saving tips, promoting investment in IRA's.
Confidential, Dubai, UAE - Loan Officer/ Credit Analyst, November 1994 to December 2000.
- Achieved individual goals consistently, helped achieve branch and corporate goals by providing excellent customer service.
- Building customer relationship, business development and diversification of loan portfolios with powerful marketing strategy.
- Conducted feasibility studies and financial statement analysis and credit analysis.
- Designed personal and commercial loan packages with due diligence and with an eye on risk management techniques.
- Monitored clients loan performance, collaterals and documentation to avoid delinquency and mitigate potential losses.
- Provided credit analysis to other territory branches.
Confidential, Dubai, UAE- Accounts Supervisor / Assistant Internal Auditor & Credit Controller, February 1992 to August 1994.
- Supervised branch accountants, trained on internal controls and monitoring Accounts receivables and Inventory.
- Initiated culture of accountability, responsibility and integrity by being part of and setting up of Internal Audit, Credit control and Inventory control. Set up document flow process for pre-sales credit approval, post sales shipment and deliveries.
- Conducted Internal audit of cash, inventory, documentation, accounts receivables. Initiated Internal control methodology.
- Liaison with external auditors, prepared pre-audit schedules, inventory. Fixed assets.
Education and Training:
CPA (passed all 4 parts-not certified) - California, 2011
MBA-(Accounting & Business), Confidential, San Jose, CA- 2010
MS- Accounting, Confidential, , Madras, India.
Oracle R12,Financials, EBS,A/P,A/R..