A highly trained, innovative and disciplined professional with solid experience in graphic design, illustration, art direction and creative management. Proven, on-target solutions, in advertising and design, responding creatively to any marketing problem. Recognized for dramatically increasing company sales through marketing research, cultural analysis, and staying up-to-date in an ever-changing workplace of computer evolution/technical development. Success in elevating a company to industry leader through cutting edge art and graphics, and providing a rich tapestry of communication and identity reference for products and services. A leader and effective communicator capable of adapting to varied environments, achieving exceptional results; and providing vision to ensure success through an understanding of market trends, and management skills that translate into teamwork with an emphasis on quality and timeliness.
- Strong experience in these industries: Financial, Healthcare, Hospitality, B2B, Retail, Fashion, Beauty, Manufacturing, High Tech, Communication, Museum, Insurance, Catalog, Transportation, Travel, Luxury.
- Have worked on accounts such as: Lee Jeans, Hallmark Card Corporate, Yellow Freight, Sprint, United Missouri Bank, Waddell and Reed, Seattle Space Needle, Smucker's, Nabisco, Media Professional Insurance, John Deere, Alvin Ailey, Hyatt Regency, DoubleTree Hotels, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Research Hospital, Shawnee Mission Medical Center, Department of the Interior, the NCAA, Burns & McDonnell Engineering, Crown Center Development, State Street.
Confidential (Currently) (January 2010-Present)
- Freelancing with Design and Advertising Agencies in Tucson, Houston and Kansas City. Some of the accounts I am working on are Subaru of North America, Houston Northwest Medical Center, SBA Bank (Atlanta), Houma (Louisiana) Tourism and others.
Confidential. (March 1994-2010) Senior Graphic Designer / Art Director and Creative Director responsible for the strategic vision, art direction, design and execution of major brand initiatives: Advertising Campaigns, Packaging, Point of Purchase, Direct Mail, Corporate Communications, Graphic Design, Electronic Media, and Marketing Collateral for a wide range of clients, from small to Fortune 500.
- Have overseen, directed and mentored as many as 12 creatives in the development of strategic, creative solutions inspiring and encouraging them to understand the client, objectives, the target market, the client's opportunity and getting them to experiment, stand out and reach above the competition.
- Prepared and executed presentations to client's company leaders and marketing personnel.
- Directed project deadlines, managed workflow, tracked project status and cost analysis.
- Art Director on major photo shoots: Lee Jeans, Helzberg Jewelry, Hallmark Lifestyle, Yellow Freight, Dunbrooke and many others, including catalog photos, ad campaigns, production and design.
- Selected and managed vendors and creative support to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Proficient in CS5, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, as well as Quark Express, FileMaker Pro, Word and Excel.
Confidential. (October 1989-1994) Art Director/Graphic Designer for a small boutique advertising and design firm. Also worked with a myriad of companies in all aspects of advertising, marketing and design similar to my responsibilities at West Creative above.
Marketing, advertising and graphic design materials I developed have been published in Print Magazine Annual, Art Direction Magazine, the Creativity Annual, Typography Annual, and on the cover of Graphic Design USA.
- Three Gold Awards from Healthcare Marketing Report
- Over 40 AAF awards (Gold thru Bronze)
- Branding program for KCPT Television won a First Place Nationally
- Over 20 IABC (Intl. Assn. of Business Communicators) First, Second and Third Place awards
- A Poster I designed was selected as one of the best posters of the decade (worldwide) by a symposium on design at the University of Tennessee.
- Two National First Place and two Second Place awards from the College and University Admissions Marketing Report.
- Chair of PR committee of Newhouse for battered women
- Communications Department advisory board member - Johnson County Community College
- Communications Director/Marketing board member at Conservatory of Music
- Member of AIGA
- Member of the Advertising Club
- Member of International Business Communicators
- Communications Committee - Child Abuse Coalition, now "Sunflower House"
- Marketing & Communications Committee - with RoseBrooks Center, for battered women and their children
- Volunteer work for Alvin Ailey, Civic Opera, American Lung Association, American Heart Association,
Other Adjunct Professor of Graphic Design