LEADERSHIP Ï IT MANAGEMENT Ï TECHNOLOGY IMPLEMENTATION Ï PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Seeking for challenging and responsible position of VP of information technology where I can use my management and IT skills to improve company benefits. A dedicated, decisive, experienced and results-oriented Director of IT and PMO would be able to play significant leadership role to help your organization to build strong and focused IT team environment.
Summary of Significant Achievements/Skills:
- 15 Years of Strong IT/IS Management Experience and Strategic planning skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills.
- Excellent at team building, leadership and mentoring.
- Motivated direct reports and instilled a culture of teamwork along with keeping a solid focus on relevant business metrics.
- Achieved $200k per year savings on Cell phone consolidation and plan restructuring
- Achieved significant savings by converting Hosted solution to in house email system (reduced significant down time)
- Achieved about $500k per year savings on IT/IS support and reduced significant software development cycle by outsourcing and off-shoring.
- Reduce data center/application down time and achieved 99% up time by establishing routine maintenance cycle and plan
- Established completely structured from unstructured environment by implementing change control process and isolating production, QA/staging, test and development environments.
- Established Enterprise Volume license agreement with Microsoft to reduce the license fee by 25% and kept enterprise in compliance.
- Experience with Strategic vendor relationships and negotiates terms and pricing with vendors for hardware, software, and services
- Established helpdesk SLAs’, clear escalation process, developed in house helpdesk application, and provided clear visibility to executives
- Established and develop strong IT team with very low turn-over rate (less that 5%) by team building, succession plan development, work load analysis, establishing team as well as individual goals and follow through on a routine basis.
- Established RFP, RFP evaluation, procurement process and other pre, post-purchasing process
- Established PMO, Project process & methodology enterprise wide and brought project completion rate to more than 90%
- Excellent multimillion-dollar project management skills.
- Achieved more than $500k in saving by consolidating printing/copying & implementing paperless technologies (Hardware Platform change, Printer consolidation, Fax Server, Scanning, Document Management)
Director of IT, Confidential,CA 2005 to Current
As a Director of IT, responsible for providing leadership, implementing new technology, developing new software using Microsoft technologies and provide over site on project management process to support the business and to meet 3PL client requirements.
- Provide IT leadership in implementing various Microsoft based technology corporate wide
- Implemented enterprise wide program-project, change management methodology and proactive server maintenance program.
- Established consistent project management policies and guidelines for overall corporate wide IT initiatives as a program management office. Orchestrate and conduct technical project management processes (initiation, planning, change control, execution, monitoring, deployment, and closing. Identifying risks, deliverables and milestones).
- Conduct projects in compliance with the Product Delivery Life Cycle (PDLC) and other project standards.
- IT Personnel management includes leadership, recruiting, mentoring, succession planning, goal setting, workload analysis, resource allocation, prioritization, Time Management for the IT team.
- Management procedures were released and changed for the alignment with standards.
- Responsible for managing important infrastructure redesigns, application scalability redesign and applying including data center migrations, important routine server farm maintenance, major updates and many more.
- Maintain Microsoft licensing EA agreement, Training vouchers and control licensing costs
- Responsible for applying effective information assurance procedures and policies including change management, security policies, disaster recovery, release management, systems maintenance and operations etc.
- Managed data center with more than 55 servers including SQL Server, Web, Report, Finance, Application, EDI, and windows servers
- Established completely structured from unstructured environment by isolating production, QA/staging, test and development environments and implementing strict change control processes.
- Established SOPs and implemented CCRM for the data center
- Installed, Implemented and Managed Applications:
- Warehouse Management (Exceed, WMOS)
- TMS: Transportation strategy & management,
- 3 PL Equipment control, Freight tracking and Yard Management software implementation and development
- Administered production , stage and development SQL Server and reporting environment
- Outsourced Data Center activities such as Helpdesk, System, Web & Database Administration.
- Responsible for managing data warehousing / Reporting databases
- Administered production and stage Data Warehousing SQL Server and Crystal Reporting Environment
- Worked on Billing Management project as Programmer Analyst II level to analyze and document the technical and functional requirement
Sr. Database Engineer, Confidential,California 2000 - 2001
- Developed, deployed and administered SQL Server 2000 database and yellow page website
- Conducted email blast campaigns and marketing mass mailing using three different data sources to compile the targeted list.
- Production, QA and development SQL Server environment Administration
Oracle, Financial Module, Web and Java development projects (Multiple Projects)Manager/Safety Director, Confidential,Florida: 1992-1998
Manager, Confidential,New Jersey: 1987-1992EDUCATION:
- Master’s in Information Technology.
Certifications and Training:
- ITIL Certified
- Completed Microsoft BI 2008 (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) Training (40 hours)
- Completed MS MOSS 2007 Administration Training
- Member of Project Management Institute
- Project Management Certification
- Microsoft’s VS.Net Training
- MCP and MCDBA
- Oracle Certified Professional Certification (OCP: PL/SQL)