- Over 9 years of experience on multitude of applications as a Lead Programmer Analyst, Senior Programmer and Software Engineer.
- Worked in business environments that include supply chain, finance applications, energy & utilities.
- Exceptional record of delivering cost effective, high performance technology solutions to meet challenging business demands.
- Extensive qualifications in all facets of information systems methodology from conceptual design through documentation, implementation, user training, quality review, and enhancements.
- Successfully co-coordinated with multiple teams to ensure smooth flow of the design and development stages. Have experience to organize testing across various teams.
- Strong inter-personnel, organizational, managerial and planning skills.
- Exceptional analytical, presentation and problem solving skills. Good team player. Good Team lead.
- Trained new associates joining the Project on Application knowledge and project procedures.
- Strong programming experience in developing mainframe based applications using COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2, IDMS, MQ Series, REXX, VSAM, SQL, Stored procedures.
- Extensively worked with tools like FILE-AID, CHANGEMAN, ENDEVOR, XPEDITOR, DEBUG, Easytrieve, Control - M and Abend-Aid.
- Well versed with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies (Waterfall, Iterative, Use case, Agile/Scrum).
- Excellent skills in debugging / troubleshooting.
- Have worked on project proposals and have extensive knowledge on project estimates and timelines. Have worked closely with client engagement teams to ensure there are no gaps in the entire SDLC of the project.
- Took initiative and developed tools using REXX (JRT – JCL Review Tool and IAT – Impact Analysis Tool) to reduce man hours spent on review efforts and analysis efforts.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Information Science and Technology.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS: Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
DB2, IDMS, IMS-DB/DC
File-AID, MS Office, TSO/ISPF, QMF, SPUFI, MS Visio, Control-M scheduler, Cobol, JCL/Proc, CICS
E-Com Frameworks/Web Technologies
J2EE, JSP, Tomcat Web Server, EAI
Functional Area Expertise
Energy & Utilities, Customer Information system (CIS), Supply Chain Management
Cobol, REXX, Java, XML
Software Engineering methodologies/Tools/Technologies
Changeman, Eclipse, Endevor, Lean, SCLM, Six Sigma
OS/390 Mainframe, MVS, Unix, Windows 2000 /XP /Vista/7
Confidential,Phoenix AZ – Mar 2009 – Present
Lead Programmer Analyst
APS (Arizona Public Services) is a subsidiary of Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and primarily generates, sells and delivers electricity and energy-related products and services to people and businesses throughout Arizona. APS serves more than a million customers in 11 of Arizona’s 15 counties.
CIS is the core application used by APS to store, process and maintain information for all the customers.
Project: Bill On Read Date (BORD): BORD is a significant project for APS that will bill customer as soon as meter readings are obtained instead of waiting for all accounts to get reads. This initiative will allow to book the revenue early and also by reducing the number of cycles from 21 to 19, the financial reporting to be completed earlier each month. This project helps APS to generate faster revenues and a key contributor to the financial growth of the company.
- Analyzed customer requirements, designed the application after coordinating with business architect and SMEs so that they’re in sync with business requirements.
- Prepared high level specification document with use case diagrams and concept architecture for client requirements. Also prepared Technical specification document.
- Prepared process flow diagrams for the existing and proposed processes.
- Formulated a breakdown of project work, enhancements and assigned tasks to peers.
- Have strong capability to communicate software application and technical development related issues to the necessary team members, Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Developed SQL queries to be used in application development. Also tuned existing queries for performance improvement.
- Develop programs and unit test the same.
- Enhancements in batch to process data from different inputs.
- Coordinated with all cross functional applications (interface thru Web service and MQ Series) to provide business solution considering system limitations and operating time.
- Handled execution and managing the task for the project implementation as planned.
- Involved in all the steps of project lifecycle and provided technical guidance to successfully implement the solutions for identified issues. Managed design, development, debugging and testing during development.
Technologies: COBOL, JCL, DB2, SQL, Web Services, File-Aid, Xpeditor, Changeman, CIS application, CCE application, QMF, Control-M, EAI, Super-C
Project: Pick A Due Date (PADD): It is a customer convenient program that will allow customers with AMI meters to select the due date that they wish to pay their APS bill on instead of adhering to default due date assigned by system. With PADD, customer can choose the required due date that recur every month for their billing cycle. The change in the due date will be achieved by moving the customer to an appropriate read cycle that will align the due date of the customer closest to the customer chosen due date. This program will be a new option that will be provided through CIS, CCE, aps.com and IVR systems. According to the customer current read/bill schedule the customer due date will get effective from either the upcoming statement or the one after that
- Devised a process that can bill customers on a flexible billing schedule instead of a fixed system-defaulted billing schedule thus allowing customers to choose their bill due dates.
- Analysis of the requirement specifications provided by the clients and documenting the same in BSD (Business solution design). Prepared use case diagrams and collaboration diagrams for client requirements.
- Coordinated with cross functional applications (like CIS, CCE, web service, IVR, EAI) to provide business solutions for cost effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Document interdependencies across the modules using HLD.
- Development, Testing - unit testing & integration testing. Responsible for defect fixing and documenting root causes.
- Developed SQL queries to be used in application development in specified format, specific conditions.
- Worked closely with team for development of multiple web based Java applications for web services and interfaced with EAI to connect to backend mainframes.
- Streamlined the development process and provided technical guidance to the team during project development to meet the requirements.
- Involved in preparing training manuals for customer training.
- Provided and supported the implementation of business solutions after “go-live” of the project.
- Gather the metrics and share them with the clients.
Technologies: COBOL, JCL, DB2, Web Services, File-Aid, Xpeditor, Changeman, CIS application, CCE application, Control-M, EAI, Super-C, IVR, Cognos report
Project: IT Billing Support project: The project is to address various issues in billing module, order systems and financial modules. Due to defects in existing system, there was a delay in billing and order systems in a few scenarios. The project was aimed at resolving these issues by root cause analysis and/or data fixes depending on the priority of issue.
- Analyzed issues and provided recommendations for system improvements. Guided team to identify issues based on feedback from customers, billing services and testing team.
- Provided solutions (Queries based on understanding of system functionality) to find accounts that are impacted by separating them from normal accounts.
- Resolved critical production issues on billing, orders, exceptions & financial transactions without impacting the end customer.
- Formulated the requirements and worked with project team to create timelines for effort estimates.
- Involved in all the steps of project lifecycle and provided technical guidance to successfully implement the solutions for identified issues. Involved in design, development, debugging and testing during development.
- Identified the few issues that were business critical and had to work with support team to get necessary on-time access for the team to provide a resolution.
- Developed fruitful relationships with internal customers (billing services), internal system support groups that helped to achieve project goals 5 weeks ahead of schedule.
Technologies: CIS, CCE application, web service, COBOL, DB2, File-Aid, Expeditor, Changeman, DSTRACE, Clear Quest
Confidential,Phoenix & Colorado – Mar 2007 – Mar 2009
Project: SI tech, Alert system and DTCC
- Created an “alert application” where alerts are sent to investment advisors for business critical reasons such as ‘Minor reaching age of majority’, ‘Required minimum distribution after retirement’, ‘New client being linked to an investment advisor’ and so on. Involved gathering required data, extraction from source, create XML files and send it to Unix for further processing. Created technical document on alerts that generated great client appreciation.
- Handled DTCC application to send affirmations, cancellation-on-confirmation files to depository trust and intimating the corporation for clearing. Was responsible for building the entire application to transfer the file to third party from mainframe and receive acknowledgement from them. NDM data from mainframe.
- Prepare and review the Technical Design Document (TDD) and the Technical Specifications for all the components.
- Develop programs and unit test the same. Involved in integration testing
- Worked on the work requests that involve coding, testing and monitoring in production.
- Did production support (24X7) on SI tech mainframe systems and handled many critical production issues.
- Served as a member of training committee in-order to provide training and technical guidance for less experienced developers and new hires of the project.
- Part of the technical hiring committee to hire new software engineers in the project.
Technologies: COBOL, DB2, JCL, SQL, SPUFI, Stored Procedures, Endevor, CICS, File-aid
Confidential,Bangalore – May 2005 – Mar 2007
Senior Software Engineer
General Electric Lighting is engaged in providing complete lighting solutions to customers like Wal–Mart, Sears, US Military etc. It is involved in Production, Sourcing and distribution of parts / components for its customers. Orders can be placed electronically through EDI or via Phone and Manual.
- Analysis of the functionals, preparing design documents, technical specifications.
- Development of applications and unit testing.
- Coordinated with the integration testing and system testing teams that included setup of JCL/PROCs etc for the development, acceptance and production environment.
- Proposed technical specification document format for the tasks assigned. This helped to have clear cut communication with onsite and offshore team.
- Took initiative to maintain a web based application utilizing Java, J2EE, JSP and XML tools.
Technologies: COBOL, DB2, JCL, CICS, DEBUG, SCLM, Java, J2EE, JSP, XML
Certification: Underwent training on Six Sigma industry processes and worked on process improvements to the project module that resulted in a ‘Green Belt’ certification. As part of Six Sigma certification, improved the efficiency of a daily batch job which reduced the number of iterations and processing time.
Confidential,Bangalore – Dec 2002 – May 2005
Project: Michelin Tire Corporation: Michelin Tires is a leading car and truck tires manufacturer in North America. The project at CGI has been divided into three domains – Marketing & Sales (M&S), Flow and SAM with ten modules under them.
- Served as software engineer and module lead of the design and development team of “Logical Stock group” for Michelin North America (MNA) project.
- Designed and implemented new enhancements in COBOL and ADSO for the manufacturing domain.
- Worked intensively on COBOL/IDMS/ADSO/JCL/FILEAID.
- Managed UNIX and IBM OS-390 mainframe system for infrastructure support to the entire MNA project.
- Provided technical assistance to clients and provided proposals tailored to the customer needs.
- Served as a member of training committee in order to provide training and technical guidance for the new hires and other members of the project
Confidential,Endevor, IMS-DB/DC, File-Aid, VSAM
Project: Fleming application maintenance: Oklahoma City-based Fleming Companies Inc is an industry leader in distribution, food retailing, and business-to-business e-commerce fulfillment. Its primary business is buying and selling merchandise. CGI was engaged to maintain their MVS and VSE based NCS, FOODS and ODS modules.
- Involved in coding, unit testing and preparing the unit test results.
- Involved in Production Support.
- Involved in fixing of review comments raised during design, build and testing phases.
Technologies: COBOL, VSE, JCL, VSAM, Easytrieve
Confidential,HINDUSTAN AERONAUTICAL LTD. (HAL), Bangalore
The project was carried out at HAL R&D division to automate and improve performance of the review of test data that is obtained during testing of LCA. The massive data obtained during LCA testing needed to be analyzed for various scenarios and the purpose of the project was to remove manual efforts and automate the process which gives report with analysis. This system was implemented using Visual C++. The backend interface was implemented using C++. Worked as a project lead for a team of 4 and was actively involved in coding and testing.
- Two “Feather in my cap” awards, ARIZONA PUBLIC SERVICE, Dec 2009 & Feb 2012: For outstanding work on IT Billing Support & Bill on Read Date projects.
- Technical Excellence award, ARIZONA PUBLIC SERVICE, June 2010: Awarded for contributions toward IT Billing Support project.