- Objective: A senior position at an ad agency or marketing organization where I can utilize my 25+ years of advertising agency experience. Along with degrees in both print production and design, I also possess a passion for great ideas, creative problem solving, strategic thinking, and pride in my copywriting skills. My personality allows me to excel at presentations, client contact and supervisory situations. I also offer experience in virtually every facet of our business. From my ‘general’ branding experience in print, radio, outdoor and TV, to my ‘direct’ experience in direct response and mail, collateral, direct TV and interactive, there is virtually no media that I have not touched.
Please view my portfolio at Confidential
- As Creative Director, helped a small Saatchi & Saatchi agency, Cadwell Davis Partners, grow from 6 to 65 million in billings in 7 years.
- Helped build the Strategic Interactive Group at Digitas, their first interactive group, which helped Digitas become one of the premier interactive agencies in the world. As for direct marketing, I helped “improved the creative product 10-fold”, in the words of the CEO.
- Created and produced one of the most successful branding campaigns in J&J history for the Reach toothbrush. Rolled out worldwide and translated into 7 languages.
- Was hired and worked for luminaries of the business such as Roy Grace and Helmut Krone at the venerable Doyle Dane Bernbach.
- Won the coveted One Show Silver award my first year in the business, among other awards throughout the years.
Various freelance clients including: Confidential, Virginia Beach VA, TV, radio and interactive, copy and concepts for retail clients, luxury hotels, regional automotive dealerships; Confidential, NYC (again) website copy for IBM, AMEX direct mail; Confidential, NYC, American Express direct mail; Confidential, San Francisco, web banners for Mathews Asia Investment products and web banners for PG&E energy saving bulbs; Confidential, new TV campaign; Confidential, Wisconsin, new website; Confidential, Provo, Utah, advertising for financial education courses including email blasts, websites and blogs, social media solutions; Confidential, “Viral” video and messaging for Shustir.com; Confidential, copywriting, direct marketing and website copy plus DM copy for health publications, including Diabetes Focus, REMEDY, REMEDYMD and Medizine’s Healthy Living Magazines; Confidential, direct marketing and copywriting for Confidential, a healthcare website community devoted to consumer health and medical education, written and edited by physicians and featuring a network of physician websites; Confidential, a new website for Confidential, Fla; Confidential, various direct marketing clients; Confidential, books on CD, direct marketing; Confidential, Mt, Clear Creek Ranch golf and resort development brochure, direct mail and website; Confidential, website copy for a learning and teacher improvement website; Confidential, brochures, sales literature and customer website copy for healthcare education for diabetes patients and others.
Confidential, Austin, TX 2007-2008
- As Creative Director and senior writer, worked with Art Director to create DRTV for AT&T
- K-Mart DM to drive orders to micro-site through TV and Direct Mail (unfinished - agency lost account)
- As senior writer I created direct mail, print, radio and DR TV for Hibernia Banking Financial and Investment Services, Providian Credit Card and Financial Services, Owens Corning Products, Sylvan Learning Centers, Progressive Auto Insurance and start-up Confidential
Freelance Copywriting 2003 Digitas, NY
Teamed with senior Art Director on the American Express Card, Mobil Speedpass and Habitat for Humanity.
Worked with senior Art Director to produce DR TV for AT&T consumer products.
Teamed with senior Art Director to produce direct mail packages for Bank One credit card.
Confidential, San Francisco
Teamed with agency Creative Director to produce direct response vehicles for PeopleSoft products, Zantaz Email Software Solutions and Intuit Financial Services including Quicken Financial Software.
Direct Mail campaign introducing Microsoft Meetings software.
- Worked directly with Marketing Director at the magazine to create and produce direct a response vehicle for her new business drive. Results exceeded their wildest expectations: $500,000 in new ad pages on an investment of $9,000.
Confidential, Big Pharma, NY;
Worked with senior Art Director to produce direct mail, print and outdoor for education on the AIDS drug Sustiva, Bristol Myers Squibb and other brands in the Becker DTC Group. Well-versed in DTC language and restrictions.
Teamed with Creative Director of the agency to produce print ads, direct mail and collateral for The American Express Card and print ads for benefit drive of Technion Institute of Israel.
Worked with Account Execs and Creative Director on new business pitch, Capital One credit card direct mail. Agency won the account with our ideas.
Direct Response and Interactive, Assoc. Creative Director/Senior Writer
- Helped Group Creative Director supervise up to 20 Creatives by managing creative teams and offering creative direction, copy approval and copywriting as needed.
- Major Interactive Work: Created the original Fedex.com and ATT.com websites along with various IBM websites for their hardware and software products. Worked closely with Digitas Strategic Interactive Group Web Developers
- Teamed with senior Art Director to write and produce direct response, direct mail packages and consumer print for Fidelity Investment Services, FedEx, The American Express Card, IBM Software and Hardware Computer Products and GM, and Fidelity Financial Services. One DM we produced for FedEx resulted in a $150,000 in new business the first week (a record for FedEx.)
- Created direct response vehicles, product brochures for AT&T including direct mail letters for new customer drives.
Sr. VP, Associate Creative Director/Senior Writer
- Teamed with senior Art Director to write and produce print and television for General Mills prod.
Confidential, (subsidiary of Saatchi & Saatchi)
Sr. VP, Group Creative Director/Senior Writer
- While agency owners pursued new business, my Art Director partner and I served as Creative Directors of the agency, managing creative teams as they (and we) produced print, radio and television campaigns for the agency clients.
- Over time, developed close relationships with the Johnson and Johnson clients and worked with them at the early stages of brand development to create ‘brand personalities.’ Then helped Account Executives and Marketing Managers of the brands develop and write successful creative strategies. This experience became invaluable when later creating advertising for the brands.
- Created print, radio and television for various Johnson and Johnson products, including o.b. tampons and the Reach toothbrush.
- Our campaign for the Reach toothbrush was the most successful ever done for the brand and was translated into 7 languages and rolled out worldwide.
- Created TV, print and radio for Schering Plough brands, including Coppertone Suncare products, Dr. Scholl Insoles and PediaCare children’s cough medicine. Our TV campaign for PediaCare won us the top CEBA award.
- Created no-budget billboard campaign for Bagir, Men’s Suits from Israel during fashion week in NYC. The work achieved their goals and we won the NY Gold ADDY Award.
- Created advertising for HBO Video; trailers and print advertising
- Senior Copywriter on Johnnie Walker Black and Red labels scotches and Dallek furniture, 1986
- Teamed with Senior Art Director to create TV, print and radio campaigns for Miller beers.
- Under an unusual (but interesting) work arrangement, teamed with various senior Art Directors from the TBWA offices of London, Paris, Rome and NYC to create print campaigns for Evian Water, Roche Bobois furniture, and Girard Perregaux watches.
- Created print, TV and radio for Volkswagen, Mobil Oil and American Tourister luggage.
- My campaign for American Tourister luggage won a Silver Pencil in the One Show.
- Post Graduate
- Bachelor Fine Arts Degree
- Associate Applied Science Degree - Print Production
Silver Pencil; The One Show, National Addy Awards; numerous years, Regional Addy, numerous years, National Andy, Art Directors Annual; numerous years, CEBA ,CLIO
Skills: Smart, fast copywriter; strong from concept to finished copy with a design background as well. Excellent presentation, client contact, supervisory skills. Extremely personable – account people, creative people and clients just seem to like me.
Interests: Mountaineering, sailing, river-rafting, International PADI certified scuba diver. Avid adventure traveler. Active stock market investor. Personal interest/study in business, economics and marketing which clients appreciate.
See my professional recommendations at Confidential