- Over ten years of progressive experience in Information Technology spanning several vertical markets and technologies.
- Over four and half years of experience in Ruby on Rails.
- Extensive architecture experience in Rails Framework.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Cloud Computing, including AWS Elastic Load Balancing, Auto-Scaling etc.
- Good knowledge on openstack object store Swift.
- Configuration management experience.
- Extensive knowledge in configuring Application servers and Web servers
Including Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd, Mongrel, Thin, and Passenger.
- Good knowledge on Perl, Python.
- Sound knowledge in TCP/IP communications and socket programming.
- Experienced in testing web based applications, preparing test plans, test cases and documentation. Proficient in testing tools such as QTP and Segue silk test. Involved in various phase of testing like System testing, UAT and integration testing.
- Working knowledge with VMware.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and Behavior Driven Development (RSpec) techniques.
- Expert in XML technologies.
- Working knowledge of CDA and HL7 standards.
- Excellent analytical problem solving, and debugging skills.
- Good working knowledge of several databases like MySQL, Oracle 7.x, Oracle 10g, Microsoft SQL Server and SQL/PLSQL programming.
- Expert skills in application programming using Java, Servlets, EJB’s, JDBC, and JMS.
- Strong experience utilizing various XML parsers in Rails and J2EE solutions.
- Efficient problem solving skills, eagerness to learn new concepts, applications and willing to learn and adapt to new environments.
- At ease in high stress environments requiring superior ability to effectively handle multi-task levels of responsibility
- Ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments. Energetic self-starter known for exceeding goals and objectives.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills.
Programming Languages & Tool’s Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, PHP 5.0,Perl, Groovy, Ruby Gems, Perl, Python, RJS, RHTML, AJAX, HAML, HTML, DHTML, XHTML, CSS, XLST, XML, Xquery, Jquery, Photoshop, Java Script, VB Script, MVC, Web Services(SOAP and REST), Hpricot, ROXML, shell scripting. Active record, Sequel, Hadoop, configuration management, SCM.
EC2 CloudFront, ELB, Auto scaling,s3,Amazon cloud watch JAVA, Advanced Window Toolkit (AWT), SWING, SERVLETS, Java Server Pages (JSP), JSF, JDBC, Jakarta Struts 2.0,J2EE, UML, JSF, Hibernate 3.0, Spring 2.0.
System Implementation Programming: C, OOP, C++, Data Structures with C++/Ruby.
CMS: Alfresco, Radiant, Interwoven, Site Core
Development Environments: Emacs-rails, Net Beans 6.0(Hudson Ruby IDE), Aptana Ruby IDE, Oxygen XML Editor, Scite, QT, Eclipse.
Databases: MySQL, Postgresql, ORACLE 8i/9i/10g, Microsoft Access, SQL, PL/SQL, IBM DB2, Redis, MongoDB, NoSQL.
Testing Tools: Segue Silk Test, Quick Test Pro.
Scm Tools: Visual safe Source (VSS), Subversion, Git, Bazaar, cvs.
Networking & System Administration: Thin, Phusion, Passenger, Apache, Nginx, Webrick, Lighttpd, Sun Application Server, Tomcat, LDAP.
Operating Systems: Linux: Ubuntu, Arch Linux.
Windows: Windows 3.1/95/98/Me/2000/2003/XP/Vista.
Confidential, June, 2011 – Present Programmer Analyst(Sr.Ruby on Rails Developer)
- The iStay3 project will create a new generation of TravelCLICK\'s flagship hotel booking engine, and will represent a significant leap forward in terms of usability, flexibility in branding, and the ability of hoteliers to customize the look and feel of the shopping and booking features to integrate more seamlessly into their public sites and branding themes.
- iStay3 is being developed in Ruby on Rails, and will completely replace the legacy iStay2 product, which was written in Java using Google Web Toolkit. This project is in development phase, customizing ruby gems and plugins.
- The project is weekly sprint with complete test coverage. Login management is used through REST Services using JSON Services.
- Istay3 uses core services and oata standards in web servicing.
- Jenkins is used for continuous integration, builds based on git repos.
Environment: Ruby on Rails, github, RSPEC, Cucumber, JSON., Linux OS, Jenkins.
April 2011 To Confidential,WhitePlains, New York
June 2011 Ruby On Rails Developer
StarQA is designed to house all brand standards and related standard operating procedures as well as track
the progress of new brand standards, exemptions and concessions of all Starwood hotel properties across
It was created to assist the properties with accessing and complying with their brand standards and to
provide clear and accurate inspection reports promptly.
It also enables hotels to act upon their management action plans to remedy any defects as soon as possible
Thereby raising their compliance scores.
- Developed Exemptions and Concessions modules.
- Involved in continuous maintenance and enhancements of the application, which includes developing new modules as per requirements, deployments of new releases, writing necessary unit tests, defects fixing.
- Working on migrating the application to Rails 3 version.
Environment: ruby, rails, svn, RSPEC, Jquery, Ajax, Capistrano, Apache, Passenger, Memcached
January 2011 To Confidential,New York City, New York
1st April 2011 Web Developer
Is a weekly cutting-edge leadership development solution from Bloomberg. Edge creates interactive
and self assessment activities using Bloomberg Businessweek\'s global content.
Edge also enables Bloomberg editors directly or remotely author Abstract and Questionnaire.
An administrator user interface will support system administration and also help manage users, roles, rights, and content.
- As part of the team was involved in the development of EDGE Gem which handles API requests and responses
from external systems bconnect and EDGE Service.
- Worked with EDGE Service layer (REST Services) which connects with EDGE database.
- As part of team was involved in the development of EDGE web application which includes,
Admin pages, User management (Users information is managed by external system \'bconnect\' which is a REST web service layer), Forum for users of a organization.
Environment: ruby, rails, git, REST web services, RSPEC, Jquery, Json, XML.
August 2010 To Confidential,Costa Mesa, California
January 2011 Ruby On Rails Developer
Consumer Dispute Tool-Part of Rent Bureau
Rent Bureau is the nation’s largest and most widely used consumer reporting agency designed
specifically for multifamily industry. Rent Bureau enables the multifamily industry to seamlessly report resident\'s rental payment history directly from property management software.
Consumer Dispute Tool provides a means to non technical team of Experian to resolve consumer
disputes such as Collections, Fraud updates, Trade line disputes, write offs and opt-outs,
to view consumer report, to print consumer report.
- Consumer Dispute Tool is written in Ruby On Rails and uses existing Rent Bureau database
which is a MySQL database.
- As part of the team I was involved in development of the interface using ruby and rails which includes User Management, Search dispute files of the consumers, Generating reports feature,
print feature, and developing user friendly features to resolve collections disputes, trade line
disputes, Fraud updates.
- Developed RSPEC and Cucumber features.
Environment: ruby, rails, SVN, RSPEC, Cucumber, Capistrano, jquery, Memcached
May 2010 To Confidential,Denver, CO
August 2010 Software Configuration Manager and Developer
(Remote work) URL: www.guesttrails.com (POS)
GuestTrails is a web-based marketing suite that generates revenue for businesses by developing stronger and more profitable customer relationships.
Together with GuestPwr, On line Reservations and On line Meal Ordering solutions, guesttrails deliver an easy to use, intelligent marketing suite with proven, measurable results.
- The Guesttrails project is completely written in Ruby on Rails, using MySQL and mongo databases on Amazon EC2 platform.
- Vlad the deployer is used for automating production tasks, and creating images for the EC2.
- My role as SCM, Developed a monitoring solution based on nagios open source tool, managed software change and configuration items, completely handled build and release processes of guesttrails, assisted the migration strategies, configured Haproxy load balancer and GOD process monitoring.
- My role as a developer was involved in coding multiple modules using Ruby on rails along with Rspec and cucumber testing.
- Developed cronjobs for Timemetric standalone process and GuesHistory standalone processes.
Environment: AWS Cloud Computing, CloudWatch, Elasting Load Balancing, git,
Vlad, Jira, MongoDB, ruby, rails, RSPEC, Cucumber, Nginx, MS-SQL Server, Windows 2003.
July 2009 To Confidential,San Diego, CA
April 2010 Rails Architect and Developer
LWP (lightweight platform)
The platform leverages RESTful(ish) services exposed from commerce site. This is key part of
a much larger project involving multiple teams.
- As part of the team my role to integrate the LWP with the commerce site using ruby,
Worked on the controllers using ruby on rails to call the RESTFull web services on the commerce server and return HTML based on the XML response.
- Planning and Designing the project work flow.
- Worked on complete user interface development using Ruby and Rails.
- Worked with RESTFul web services.
- The outstanding features of this site is followed the SCRUM Agile practices and BDD procedures.
- Individually managed and configured the beta site.
- Worked on writing test suits using RSPEC, Cucumber.
- Was involved in the designing front while working with CSS, HTML, and AJAX.
- All the project instances are instantiated on Amazon EC2 for scalability around 200 instances and Amazon S3 is used for data storage and Amazon RDS.
- Configured HAProxy loadbalancer.
Environment: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, HTML, CSS, AJAX, RJS, SVN, Aptana RADRails IDE, REST, Passenger, Apache, RESTFul Web services, AWS Cloud Computing, CloudWatch, Auto-Scaling,
Elastic Load Balancing, RSPEC.
February 2009 Confidential,Salt lake city, Utah
To June 2009 RailsArchitect and Developer
Chart Logic, Inc. is a leader in the Health Information Technology (HIT) industry that provides Electronic Health Records (EHR) solutions to medical practices across the country.
- Chart Logic helps physicians provide better patient care through better technology and also helps medical practices become more efficient by erasing the hassle and the cost of managing paper.
- Swiftdocs is a voice based application.
- The concept behind the product is to enable easier communication between doctors, patients and a variety of other constituents, including labs, hospitals, and insurance companies.
- Planning and Designing the product.
- As part of the team my role was to develop RESTful Authentication system, write ruby API\'s,develop complete user Interface, develop RESTFull web services, Involved in designing the application using
HTML, CSS and Jquery and Photoshop.
- Involved in database designing and establishing relationships.
- The site is completely written in Ruby on Rails, DB2, Apache, Phusion passenger (for development) and LightTPD, Thin Application Server (for production).
- Was involved in configuring and setup of DB2 on Ubuntu.
- Configuration management tasks includes, setup of ruby, rails, SVN repository creation and configuration, compilation of apache web server, mod_proxy setup and configuration installation and configuration of Phusion passenger.
- Followed the SCRUM Agile practices and BDD procedures (RSPEC).
- Handled the complete production process.
Environment: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, HTML, CSS, AJAX, RJS, JQuery, Linux, MYSQL, IBM DB2, Aptana RADRails IDE, SOAP and REST,OXYZEN xml editor, XQuery, Xpath,Thin,LightTPD.
May 2008 Confidential,San Jose, California
To January 2009 Sr.WebDeveloper
Maya is about examining how Cisco creates, manages, finds and views digital media (video and audio), while working with content creators and consumers to determine the right technologies and processes needed to bring Cisco into Web 2.0 space and beyond.
- This is a joint effort between the Visual Networking Technologies group and IT, along with several different stakeholder groups in sales, marketing, customer advocacy and engineering.
- As part of the team my role was to design and develop complete user interface, implementation of
LDAP authentication, generating XML API\'s, developing REST web services.
- Configuration management tasks includes, setup of ruby, rails, capistrano (configuration), SVN repository creation and configuration, compilation of apache web server, mod_proxy setup and configuration, installation and configuration of mongrel, mongrel_cluster.
- Worked with Oracle8i and later migrated to MySQL.
- Worked with XML parsing using libxml.
- Involved in writing ShellScripts.
- Followed Extreme-Programming (XP) concepts one of the method of Agile Methodology to produce high quality software.
- Wrote test suits using Rspec.
- As part of team was involved in the complete production process.
Environment: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, RJS, AJAX, Linux, CVS, Oracle 8i, MySQL, Aptana RADRails IDE, Putty (Client Services), Mongrel, Capistrano Deployment Tool, Webistrano, LDAP authentication, SOAP and REST, Apache, libxml.
Advanced RSS OpenSource Project
- Rails plug-in
- Advanced RSS plug-in simplifies generation of RSS feeds with iTunes, media, enclosures and CDATA enhances using sensible defaults.
- The plug-in works based on extended active record framework, keeping the essence of convention over configuration and dry concept.
- Data can be rendered into RSS using rails render.
- This plug-in dynamically finds the data based on database fields for displaying RSS format and also extensively supports atom based feeds.
Environment: Ruby, Ruby on Rails.
October 2006 Confidential,Santa Monica, California
To April 2008 Systems Analyst
WhiteCanvas is a global creative community that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use WhiteCanvas to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos, share links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet.WhiteCanvas is made up of many networks. White Canvas has powerful new ways to communicate and share information. Interesting features include user domains, 264 videos, dashboards, creative lounge and screening rooms.
- The site is completely written in Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Apache, Phusion passenger (for development) and Nginx and passenger (for production).
- As part of team my role was to develop Authentication system using , Ruby API\'s such for fliker, Amazon services, user interface modules using ruby and rails, Administration tasks includes apache with passenger, capistrano scripts and memached.
- Collaborated product, engineering, and operations to define clear requirements, deliverables for the project.
- Worked with other team members to setup debian Linux/ubuntu Linux.
- Git was used for version controlling.
Environment: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, RJS, AJAX, Scriptaculous, Linux, Imagemagick, git, MySQL, Net Beans 6.0/Aptana RADRails IDE, Putty (Client Services). Capistrano Deployment Tool, Nginx.
October 2004 Confidential,MG-Road, Bangalore
To August 2006 Software Engineer
VTT – TechnicalResearchCenter
VTT Technical Research Centre is an expert organization in Finland. Its objective is to develop new technologies, create new innovations and value added; increasing customer\'s competitiveness. VTT produces research, development, and testing and information services to public sector and companies as well as international organizations.VTT has over 251 health care centers.
- As part of team my role was to generate XML API’s using ruby gems.
- Building data management tool using oracle ORA-SS diagrams, The tool would have a diagram editor to depict ORA-SS diagrams, and a way to map the data in the ORA-SS diagrams to XML and object relational databases (like Oracle).
- Defined a mapping from XML via ORA-SS to object relational databases.
- Generated CDA (HL7) documents, which can be rendered on many devices. Like cell phones, printers.
- Build a document management system for the department course pages, providing search facilities.
- Map queries that are expressed in X-Query to queries against the nested relational database, and optimized the queries against the databases.
Environment: Ruby, Oracle 8i, XQuery, XML, XSLT, CDA (HL7), Linux, gems.
- Oracles Hyperion is an advanced management reporting and consolidation system that handles a wide range of financial management tasks in a graphical user friendly environment. Hyperion Enterprise enables to enter, consolidate and report on data in a variety of ways.
- Involved in Analysis, design and coding on Java and J2EE Environment.
- Developed class diagrams, sequence diagrams, and use case diagrams for the view accounts. Generated skeleton code based on the class diagrams.
- Developed stored procedures and called using JDBC.
- Worked on localization
- Involved in peer reviews
- Understanding and analyzing the functionality and business requirements.
June 2001 Confidential,Hyderabad, India
To September 2004 Software Engineer
GLI (General Ledger Interface)
ADP INC, New Jersey. (Payrolls)
- General ledger is the heart of any organization\'s financial accounting system. Every company that has a payroll must also have a general ledger. The need for a flexible and efficient method of transferring payroll information into the general ledger is of major concern to both the payroll and financial functions. Companies expect their payroll outsourcing vendors to provide an efficient method to transfer payroll information into their accounting systems. With the increase of major Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) financial systems, and the less expensive software available to small and mid-size firms today, fast, logical, and easy to use general ledger tools are becoming commonplace. ADP needs to develop and implement a general ledger interface that provides output to any financial package. ADP Info Link-G/L Interface will become the product that supports multiple payroll platforms within ADP that is.; auto pay, easy pay and total choice. The project includes extensive automation, maintenance and execution of the test cases in different environments. In the process automation framework was built for usability and maintenance of the scripts across all the ADP products. Module and application level reusable functions and methods were developed that will suite for entire application and across the applications owned by ADP. Manual analysis is carried out for the test cases to identify the discrepancies in the Test Plan and these were reported to Test Analysts for update and after that automation scripts will be created. The project has been carried out under full-fledged SCCB control for controlling and tracking of huge number of files.
- Interacted with the client for application enhancement, use case updates, estimating the Change Request for approval.
- Wrote Java script for client side validations.
- Developed user interfaces using JSP and JSF components.
- Implemented service-oriented Architecture principles for building the enterprise application.
- Wrote design documents, technical specifications.
- Understanding and analyzing the functionality and business requirements of AUT.
- Developed the user interface presentation screens using HTML, CSS and AJAX.
- Design and developed web layer components using JSP and Struts Framework
- Used JDBC connection pooling to handle data transmission from the oracle database.
- Used ANT tool to build and deploy applications.
- Involved in JUnit testing and integration testing.
- Wrote SQL queries and stored procedures for interacting with the Oracle database.
iSI (Internet Security Infrastructure)
- ADP\'s Internet Security Infrastructure (iSI) provides Internet Security and Identity Management Services that can be leveraged by all ADP Internet products and services. ISI is made up of Security products such as directory services (LDAP), Single-sign-on and session management (Site minder), Public Key Infrastructure (CMS) and custom programming and interfaces to meet ADP\'s business needs.
- Involved in analysis, design and coding on Java and J2EE Environment.
- Developed class diagrams, sequence diagrams, and use case diagrams.Generated skeleton code based on the class diagrams.
- Developed many Action classes, and Action Forms (Using Struts), JSP, XML, XSL, CSS, HTML files for all the functionalities.
- Interacted with the client for application enhancement, use case updates, estimating the Change Request for approval.
- Portal Solutions is an ADP hosted, Client managed/personalized portal that allows clients to access ADP Products and services and enables unified self-service (USS). The clients can use the site as their company intra-net and manage portal content. Clients can use Portal Solutions to: Access information such as pay statements, benefits information, expense information, and other personal information. Advertise ADP products and services. Acknowledge company policies and access forms. Use calculators to model pay statement, retirement, and other information. Allow administrator access to the client\'s ADP products and services that the company has purchased and find useful links to payroll and HR resources to keep them updated on the industry. Publish information like the company mission, employee handbook, on-line corporate directory, forms specific to your company, etc.
- The project includes extensive automation, maintenance and execution of the test cases in different environments. In the process Automation Framework was built for usability and maintenance of the scripts across all the ADP products. Module and application level reusable functions and methods were developed that will suite for entire application and across the applications owned by ADP.
- Design and development of user interface using Swing and AWT.
- Worked on developed servlets.
- Created and modified Stored Procedures, Complex SQL Commands for the application using PL/SQL.
- Involved in maintaining the records of the approved invoices they were issued in the database.
- Developed search engine providing different options relevant to the search using customer reviews and ratings.
- Written Ant Scripts for building the applications and deployments.
- Designed and implemented the user management for various users like Administrators as super administrator, client, user.
- Created report generator for various projects to meet the current stage of the project.
- Created various functions for returning values from the forms.
- Performed manual Testing on the applications that are developed.
- Master’s degree in Computer Applications