A results oriented Senior IT Professional with expertise working with domestic and international information technology users, providers, and management consulting organizations. A proven ability to determine how information technology can to be brought to bear in solving business problems. Acknowledged for aligning information technology plans and corporate goals. Experience in:
- IT Strategy & Architecture
- IT Infrastructure
- Business Process Re-design
- Cloud Computing
- Data Center Consolidation
Senior Enterprise Architect 2010 – Present
Work with senior business and IT executives to determine their needs in the area of Predictive Analytics. Develop proposals specifying the specific products, the quantities, the architecture and the level of effort required to implement the proposed solution.
- Clients included insurance companies, local government organizations, and federal government agencies.
Senior Enterprise Architect 2009 – 2010
Led teams of consultants modernizing and transforming client Data Centers to optimize the infrastructure, migrating from legacy to current technology, consolidating to fewer data centers, and position the organization for Cloud Computing.
- Architected a Quick Start environment for a financial institution that would allow any new or improved applications to be run in this environment while the organization consolidated from more than 100 data centers down to two. This environment adhered to the consolidated data centers standards and eliminated the need to migrate these applications as the legacy applications were migrated. It also eliminate the need for the need hardware to be acquire by the existing data centers and insure that any new or improved applications were compliant with the new data center standards.
Senior Enterprise Architect 2009 – 2009
Working with senior management of a DoD agency to functionally align the organization to minimize the duplication of services and improve the organizations effectiveness, which will allow for the savings of millions of dollars.
- Facilitated sessions to determine the major functions performed by the agency to satisfy the needs of their constituents.
- Developed straw men of potential organizational realignment and the pros and cons of the various approaches.
Senior Enterprise Architect
Led teams of consultants reviewing client\'s IT infrastructure, performing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) health checks, and architecting solutions to address business needs.
- Re-architected a troubled project involving the deployment of a state government agency portal to allow access to mission-critical public safety information, resulting in over $800K of additional consulting revenue. This high availability SOA environment resides on 2 System p 595s with multiple LPARs and includes the use of WebSphere Portal, Application Server, and MQ, an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Java, J2EE, XML and Oracle 10g Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Architected and managed the implementation of a company-wide demonstration facility using hardware and software virtualization that supported over 200,000 demonstrations for users around the world during 2008 and resulted in a net savings of over $1,000,000.
Confidential 2003 – 2006
Senior Enterprise Architect
Oversaw the overall architecture of Confidential\'s sales, service, and claims applications and the infrastructure necessary to operate the environment
- Developed a strategy to more closely align the IT organization with the goals of the business by providing the illusion of 24x7 availability, allowing for the relatively seamless integration of new technologies, and the improvement of continuity of operations plans. This increased the user satisfaction rating over 15% and allowed for more rapid application development.
- Migrated to an SOA environment, which eliminated the necessity of developing one set of custom applications for internal use and a second set for Internet customers, resulting in an annual saving of $500,000. Re-architected the client-facing application from a thick-client to a thin browser-based client using JAVA, Websphere Portal, Websphere Application servers, Linux-based servers, RDMS servers and both RDMS and IMS database on the mainframes.
Confidential 2000 – 2003
Headed an independent consultancy that was retained by clients in the Greater Washington, DC area.
- Performed an assessment of the Social Security Administration disaster recovery and business continuity plans and determined that their existing recovery plans were no longer viable. Recommended that they provide their own business continuity through the use of a second data center, which would also handle portions of the normal production workload.
- Managed a $150,000,000 project for Verizon Communications to implement uniform Operation Support Systems (OSS) and business rules as a FCC condition of Bell Atlantic’s merger with GTE. Oversaw the modifications and testing of the Bell Atlantic applications, which avoided penalties and fines of millions of dollars per day by completing the project on-time.
Additional Related Experiences
Confidential- Senior Management Consultant
Confidential- Director of Systems Engineering
MS, Computer Science