Accomplished Business and Technical Professional with over 5 years of diversified and challenging experience. Background covers Networking, Software/Application Support, Software Sales, Management and Training.
Core Strengths Include: Technical Skills Include:
- Learning Management Systems
- Training and Development
- Curriculum Design
- Technical Support
Documentation Classroom Facilitator Operating Systems:
- Windows 2000, XP, NT & Vista
- Mac OS
- HTML Java
- MSOffice Suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- MS Front Page
- Norton Ghost
Assessment Analyst and Trainer - Mathematics
Confidential, Roswell, GA 2007 to 2011
Lead classroom instruction to include Statistics, Algebra and Geometry. Administer and interpret select student achievement assessments as well as standardized assessments.
Major achievements and contributions include:
- Generate quarterly and annual reports evaluating student progress to support recommendations for further student development.
- Update test scores and grading processes via specifically designed Database. Teach additional remedial courses to support at-risk students resulting in a 75% pass rate for assessments. Developed and implemented daily and unit lesson plans for 9th grade, administered tests and evaluations, and analyzed student performance.Fostered a classroom environment conducive to learning and promoting excellent student/teacher interaction. Participated in faculty and parent conferences.
Instructional Technology Trainer
Confidential; Atlanta, GA 2006 to 2009
- Demonstrated and utilized effective analysis, project management and curriculum development. Used multi-media technology and authoring tools. Delivered innovative solutions in the creation of training materials. Provided top tier technical support to the entire Technical College System of GA.
- Developed interactive course content in multiple formats, including computer-based training, virtual classroom materials, and instructor-led training. Performed general maintenance tasks, troubleshoots and repairs computer systems and peripheral equipment throughout the organization.
- Analyzed training request and identified job duties, lists job tasks, and prioritizes job tasks. Categorized steps into sub-tasks, conducts data collection interviews, and sequence content.
- Designed training material by writing objectives, designing criterion tests and review tests, creating post-course follow-up, and selecting the testing pattern. Maintained control over the learning environment by managing challenging participants, minimizing distractions, and monitoring the pace of the class.
- Developed training material structure, wrote non-performance tests, identified phases of instruction, and selected instructional methods and job aids.
- Read and performed troubleshooting on coding problems; fixed HTML and Java Script coding.
- Provided technical support for the successful operation of local area networks, wide area networks, software applications, computers, telecommunications, and distance learning and multi-media.
- Responsible for researching and resolving customer support lists submitted by customers’ and/or co-workers.Conferred with internal team and users to examine and provide remedies on issues with the Helpdesk features and functionalities.
Technical Trainer (Contract)
Confidential; Atlanta, GA Summer 2007
- Identified and developed new business through networking, cold-calling, and follow-up in order to create interest in products and services and generate new business leads
- Developed performance based training using multimedia visual aids and web based training.
- Evaluated the effectiveness of training design through the creation of evaluation/assessment tools that will gauge the mastery of learning objectives during and after training.
- Audited and kept up to date all support contracts and software license compliance to ensure software is compliant. Proactively monitored software license usage and provided weekly updates.
- Responded to and resolved approx. 25-30 technical issues daily via phone and email.
- Facilitated training via classroom and/or through the use of distance learning technology to meet the performance objectives; creates an environment that stimulates learning and skill development. Tailored the training to meet differing needs, interests, and experience levels among participants.
- Presented information in a clear, logical and organized way. Actively involved all participants, whether virtual or in person and encouraged an open exchange of ideas.
Information Security Analyst†
Confidential ; Columbus, GA 2005 to 2006
- Processed computer access forms, password resets, security model updates and login ID terminations; monitored and reviewed access violation and security reports. Enforced Information Security policies and provided management violation reports, security education and awareness; took appropriate action when security offenses occurred. Acted as a mentor to less experienced colleagues.
Major achievements and contributions include:
- Successfully performed analysis, issue resolution, developmental requests, and change controls to select system components, while maintaining a high level of system data integrity, focus on customer support to ensure that the client’s needs are met. User rights and permission, disabling and enabling accounts, file and folder permissions and configuring security templates as per need.
- Performed upgrades, installation of software and drivers and essential desktop troubleshooting. Assisted in troubleshooting user problems relating to Operating System issues (Win9x, NT, and Win 2000), Network Connectivity, TCP/IP configuration, upgrades, MS Office products and Internet connectivity.
General Business Concentration†
B.B.A. – Information Systems & Business Management