An experienced and adaptable Head of IT / Senior IT Manager with a successful background in B2B, retail, insurance, financial, e-commerce, SME, commercial & corporate sectors. Commercially-aware & business-led with a broad range of IT experience having worked for world-class organizations such as Just Giving, ASOS and River Island.
Hands-on approach to successful IT architecture, engaging with key business stakeholders and 3rd parties, delivering ‘cost appropriate’ IT solutions, infrastructure and business process change via emerging technology.
Experience of change management, business transformation, IT / IS infrastructure, technology roadmaps,
software architecture, application deployment, CRM solutions, Disaster Recovery strategies, ITIL frameworks,
IT upgrades and systems migration, delivering added business value through the adoption of new technology.
Career to Date:
Mar 2012 to Present
IT Operations Manager (CONTRACT): Confidential,London
- Responsible for Internal and external Infrastructure and IT Operations.
- Develop IT strategy for IT operations by consolidating services and migrating services to the Cloud.
- Review and design MS Dynamics Navision ERP Infrastructure/Operations for current and future growth.
- Review support contracts and Vendor Support options. Developed Licensing solution saving £100,000.
- Redesigning solution infrastructure and Network for better performance and allow for future growth.
- Designed Monitoring solution for operations Performance and Capacity management.
- Implementing PCI-DSS best practice into the solution for compliance with Credit Card Companies.
- Defined the IT Strategy by standardizing server builds, application and databases, backups, and DR.
- Manage and prepare all IT project proposals; to include Cost, time and benefit analysis for projects including Office 365 implementation.
Jun 2011 to Dec 2011
TECHNICAL ARCHITECT (CONTRACT): Confidential,Norwich
- Responsible for all aspects of IT / technical architecture management, development and support activities
- Appointed on a contract basis to work with Aviva Insurance, a leading UK-based insurance services group
- Focused on working with the IT department & 3rd parties to design a new DR solution for the RAC division
- Assisted the Enterprise Architect team on the creation of software architecture maps for the RAC business
- Technical and business process design authority for all Disaster Recovery design & development issues
- Conducted an infrastructure discovery initiative across the RAC estate, reviewing legacy IT infrastructure
- Led the creation of an enhanced DR solution for RAC Siebel CRM, ensuring security & business continuity
Mar 2011 to Jun 2011
TECHNICAL ARCHITECT (CONTRACT): HConfidential,ays Recruiting, London
- Appointed as Technical Architect on a contract basis to work with internal Hay’s IT functions & outsourcing
- Focused on conducting a review of current system infrastructure, aimed at supporting a 5-year growth plan
- Reviewed legacy server design, IT systems performance, storage capacity and network services capacity
- Project-led a internal audit into IT system security, making recommendations to support SOX compliance
- Designed & specified systems requirements for a replacement recruitment CRM tool, underpinning growth
Nov 2010 to Feb 2011
INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGER (CONTRACT): Confidential,
- Full operational leadership of a team of 9+ Infrastructure Analysts, supporting networking and virtualisation
- Led development of new configuration standards for IT, including upgrading MS Dynamics Financial CRM
- Reviewed and recommended changes for system security, working to enhanced ISO 27001 IT standards
- Project-led PCI/DSS compliance implementation for POS solutions, ticketing and e-commerce operations
- Championed a server operations consolidation for the VMware ESX environment, promoting virtualisation
- Designed and planned for Disaster Recovery solution for 30 TB Digital Media Database.
Jun 2010 to Sep 2011
APPLICATION DEPLOYMENT CONSULTANT(CONTRACT): Confidential,
- Appointed to Düsseldorf-based senior role to lead the deployment and operations team for Vodafone 360
- Focused on build and deployment of new applications from development & pre-production using SVN
- Conducted in-depth IT review to identify opportunities to improve new application deployment processes
- Project-led the migration of the current site from Windows 2003 to 2008, supporting rapid business change
Dec 2009 to Jun 2010
SENIOR TECHNICAL ARCHITECT (CONTRACT): Confidential,
- Appointed on contract to lead the redesign of infrastructure architecture, supporting new website launch
- Leadership and management of a multi-functional team of systems administrations, DBAs & support staff
- Focused on spearheading delivery of an e-commerce website portal, working within an ITIL environment
- Definition and execution of an IT / technical roadmap for enhancing architecture (including load balancing)
- Led ongoing development of IT business processes, including IIS configuration and database connectivity
- Ensured the infrastructure design and operations adhered to PCI/DSS security standards.
Jun 2009 to Aug 2009
NETWORK MANAGER (CONTRACT): Confidential,
- Prepared the business for an enterprise Property Management System migration, supporting expansion
- Led network design and contract review for integration of 5 additional hotel properties into the environment
- Dramatically improved office network facilities, IT system builds and general IT operational performance
Mar 2009 to Jun 2009
SENIOR INFRASTRUCTURE ANALYST (CONTRACT): Confidential,
- Appointed to senior IT infrastructure role on a contract basis with a rapidly-growing e-commerce retailer
- Worked with the architecture team on server architecture design, specification and server procurement
- Led delivery of all outsourced services within an ITIL environment, including working with key 3rd parties
- Created new test and development environments in VMware server, supporting Citrix and CRM solutions
Apr 2008 to Dec 2008
GLOBAL IT MANAGER / INFRASTRUCTURE ARCHITECT: Confidential,
- Responsible for all aspects of global IT leadership, including infrastructure operations and development
- Focused on definition and execution of an IT strategy for the worldwide delivery of voice & data services
- Successfully conducted an in-depth review of IT security, achieving compliance with ISO 27001 standards
Nov 2007 to Apr 2008
SYSTEMS MANAGER (CONTRACT): Confidential,
- Responsible for all aspects of IT systems management & support, controlling an estate of over 30+ servers
- Appointed on a short-term contract IT assignment to gather CRM system requirements for development
- Focused on rebuilding CRM (including SQL Server) environment to underpin long-term business growth
- Managed all 3rd party supplier relationships, including pricing, service, SLAs and co-ordination of work
Education & Qualifications:
B.S. Computer Information Systems