Three and a half years experience in a Telecom sector in Operations and Maintenance environment, looking to apply myself in an engineering role to fully utilize my abilities in a challenging environment
NOSS Executive (Fault Management Engineer) (Jan’10 to-date)
- Expertise in resolving service and network faults, automate business processes, quickly integrate new technologies from multiple vendors, and significantly improve quality and availability of service while reducing operating expenses Experience on HP-Open view, Performance Manager and Network Node Manager.
- Performing operations and maintenance of HP Open View
- Message policies creation and implementation using monitor, log file, SNMP Traps, Scheduler and event correlation templates on HP-OVO and HP-OVPM
- Ensuring smooth operations of OVO with 99% availability.
- Automatic and manual (physical/virtual) node addition of HP-UX, Solaris, Linux and Windows consisting of about 400 IT Operations and BSS Nodes.
- Liasing with different teams for their requirement based on HP-OVO and HP-OVPM
- Network /Node Discovery using loadhost, netmon and discovery filters
- Maintaining more than 400 nodes in HP Network Node manager (NNM 7.53)
- Map creation, Discovery, Topology and Map Filter Creation
- Load /Unload MIBs, Event Creation and Data Collection.
- Managing User GUIs. Maintaining smooth operations of NNM.
- Perform regular Patch Up gradation and Migration to new release.
- Capacity management and end-of-life of HP Open View products.
- Project Planning, documentation, presentation and requirement analysis.
- expertise in resolving service and network faults
- automate business processes
- quickly integrate new technologies from multiple vendors
- significantly improve quality and availability of service while reducing operating expenses
- Leading the Projects of divisional level that includes TL9000 certification, Netops Integration.
Confidential (July’08 to-Jan’10)
Transmission NOC Executive
- Responsible for First Level of Maintenance support for Transport network encompassing DWDM, SDH, Microwave and IP Core technologies
- Network Surveillance by participating in a 24/7 shift cycle for network alarm monitoring using the following Transmission tools
- TNMS Client for NSN HiT7070,7060,7035
- Net Viewer Client for NSN Microwave Radios
- Network Viewer for Nortel Passports
- MaxproSlim for L3 Compression Equipment
- CA Spectrum for IP/MPLS Nodes
- PNMS Client for NEC Microwave Radios
- PCMGR Client for NEC MUX
- T2000 & T2100 Client for Huawei SDH/DWDM optical fiber platform
- Following up Transport network issues with various SLM groups for efficient solution
Confidential (Jan’08 to July’08)
Executive Engineer in Core O&M dept.
My responsibilities include
- Testing of end-to-end voice trunks in Core network
- Traffic Stats Collection and Analysis of Class 4 voice traffic
- Using Task Management System (TMS) for handling Voice and Data related issues
- Testing of end-user services for Voice (SIP end-points)
- Liaising with the Motorola’s Voice team to tackle the Voice connectivity issues
- Did six weeks Internship in ELS department of Ericsson Pakistan.
- ELS is Ericsson Local Support organization providing Technical Support to Ericsson’s customers i.e. Mobile (GSM) & Fixed operators
- Developed a counter tool to process “Multimedia Messaging Service” call data records; the toll was used by technical support team to analyze the MMS CDRs
- HP Openview(OVO,OVPM,NNM)
- CCNA certified
- Basic understanding of GSM networks
- Siemens SURPASS HiT 7070, 7060 ADMS.
- Huawei OSN 3500 & 7500 , BWS 1600.
- NSN SDH SRA4 MW.
- NEC Pass0link NEO MW & C-Node ADM.
- NSN TNMS,NEC-PNMS
- Huawei T2000, T2100
- HP-NNM fundamentals.
- CCNP arranged by Telenor Pakistan
- Basic IP networking training by Telenor Pakistan
- DWDM and SDH training by Huawei.
Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication Engineering
- HSSC Pre-Engineering
- Member of discipline committee in college
- Playing Cricket and football
- Network gamming
- Member organizing committee NASCON 2007