SUMMARY Senior Engineering Manager A highly analytical, creative and detail-minded self starter team leader with several years of progressive and diversified experience in all phases of engineering & management including industrial, manufacturing, process, product, finance, IT and maintenance in a GMP, FDA and ISO regulated medical device industry (contact lens).
A team player that utilizes excellent interpersonal, planning, and problem solving skills to help the manufacturing operations become more efficient and competitive in global market. Strengths in:
- Continuous / Cellular Manufacturing
- Cost Improvements / Lean Concepts
- Bottleneck Analysis / Line Balancing
- Start up new product and process
- Process / Product Rationalization
- Plant Consolidation Planning
- Demand / Capacity Planning
- High Performance Team Building
- Design & Development of Process/Product
- Project Management
Confidential - Rochester, NY (Contact Lens Product) 2000-2011 Senior Engineering Manager
Responsibilities included providing technology, engineering, and maintenance management support to Cooper Vision Scottsville facility producing contact lenses using state of the art processes and technologies.
- Provided leadership and technical expertise to a department of over 20 people.
- Lead a project to design, develop, validate, and implement a universal polishing process resulting in a savings of over $500,000 dollars.
- Systematically, logical and statistically justified and implemented a radius vs. power measurement system for a contact lens resulting in 7% yield improvements.
- Provided project management and leadership to convert manufacturing platform from FIPs I to FIPs II.
- Provided leadership and Project management skills to integrate and consolidate offsite manufacturing and distribution facilities in to Rochester facilities.
- Responsible for scaling up production of new multifocal contact lenses including design & development of new cells, equipment and validation of new processes and software.
- Created Design History File for new contact lens products and existing process improvements projects.
- Managed and lead projects to eliminate optics and edge polishing operations involving process development / validations resulting in an annualized savings of several thousand dollars.
- Participated in design, development, and implementation of a flexible blister sealing machine and lens filling machine to support a new Made To Order (MTO) contact lens manufacturing process.
- Lead team to develop a polymerization automation process for an annualized savings of over $250,000.
- Participated, developed and implemented Global Engineering Change Control (ECO) process in Agile System.
- Initiated, developed, justified and implemented several Capital Expenditures Projects (I.e.: DAC lathe machines, Getinge Network systems, 3 UP blister sealing machines, Building improvements projects).
Confidential - Rochester, NY (Contact Lens Product) 1980 - 1999 Senior Industrial Engineer - Global Operations 1997 - 1999
- Identified 25 improvement projects at Scotland plant. Identified an annualized savings of over half million dollars for Injection molding operations. Five ideas implemented.
- Conducted a detailed process flow analysis and developed a mathematical line balance model to do "what if" analysis to determine the impact of process changes on productivity, staffing, and capacity.
- Participated and provided engineering support to process yield improvement team. The team achieved yield increase of 15%. Designed and implemented a yield database.
- Analyzed, proposed, and implemented a proposal to run dispatch area as a continuous manufacturing line. Project increased productivity by 25%.
- Developed costs, methods, standards, equipment, and staffing and space requirements for a new two weeks high volume disposable contact lens product to produce in Scotland.
- Received a Focus on Excellence award for contributions made to Scotland plant.
- M.S. Industrial Engineering
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management
- DOE / SPC
- New Product Design / Process Validations
- Lean Six Sigma Manufacturing
- Executive Leadership
- Dale Carnegie Courses
- Computer Simulation
- MTM / 4M
- Lean manufacturing Six Sigma