Business Process Management
Risk Management, Process Improvement for Business Systems
Using the Power of Six Sigma and Backed by Twenty Years of IT
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Process Improvement & Lean Facilitation using Six Sigma and Project Life Cycle Concepts
- Quality Systems Management and Six Sigma Black Belt Certification (DMAIC, PDCA, DIVE)
- Identify and Monitor Key Process Metrics and Indicators (KPIs)
- UTC ACE BPMS and Certification as an Associate and Practitioner
- Twenty years IT Systems Analyst Professional and Project Lead
- Microsoft Office Tools: Access DB, Power Point, Word, Excel (with VB Macro experience)
- Accounting and Financial Systems (SAP - Integrated Software and Legacy)
- Website Administration (HTML and FrontPage software)
- Data and Security Management: SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) and SOD (Separation of Duties)
- Participation / Preparation in Government Audits
Confidential,, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 2007 - 2011
Finance, Business Systems and Earned Value Management (EVM) Support
- Reduced Accounting & Finance month end closing issues by 90% by using statistical data and Six Sigma tools to determine to determine root cause.
- Achieved Business Process Improvements and cost savings solutions in 4 years by leading 10 initiatives for Finance and EVMS using Six Sigma and Project Life Cycle tools. These tools include project passport reviews ("go" / "no go"); creation of team charter or job ticket with scope and project definition; Kaizen; DMAIC, PDCA, DIVE, RRCA, Value Stream Mapping; SIPOC; Process Control; Fishbone; and SWOT to name a few.
- Supported the Finance Team as the Finance Business System Support Focal and Analyst for EV program analysts including using the following systems and tools: SAP systems software, Microsoft Office and Access DB tools. Created and maintained a visual basic macro to auto-generate financial reports in html for publishing on company's internal website called the eCAM Notebook.
- Coordinated and Executed efforts for SAP system release testing, including creation and execution of system test plans that include regression test plans as well as well as the normal step by step testing.
- Created and managed the department's internal website including the design, development and maintenance of the website using html, FrontPage software and SharePoint. The website includes standard work, desk instructions, and system documentation.
- Participated and provided project data for government project audits. Including the creation of a project data base with contract information to support the Finance and Procurement department functions.
- Facilitated SAP system security profiles requests for SOX and SOD by researching and providing data pertaining to system access requirements.
- Received 8 peer-to-peer awards in 4 years for the improvement initiatives and support activities.
Contractor, Technical Services Division
- Functioned as Project lead for the implementation of eOutsourcing ("bolt on") software to SAP at Pratt Whitney Rocketdyne's Earned Value Management department.
- Served as EVM backup analyst for engine programs including using the following systems and tools: SAP, wInsight, Business Warehouse, MPS (Manpower Planning System), EV Toolbox (homegrown Access db), Minitab, Microsoft Project and other Microsoft Office tools.
- Implemented initial EVM website in WPB.
- Supported WPB PWR EVM department's process improvement initiatives.
Confidential, Stuart, Florida (01/2004 - 04/2004, 01/2005 - 04/2005, 01/2006 - 04/2006)
- Handled all aspects of individual Tax preparation
- Data Input and Verification
- Handled accounts receivable and payable; general support duties.
Confidential,Stuart, Florida 2004 - 2004
- Handled bookkeeping for this small Stuart business doing accounts receivable and payable using QuickBooks.
- Assisted with marketing and other general office skills.
Confidential, Delray Beach, Florida 1999 - 2003
Project Lead and Systems Analyst
Served as Project leader and senior systems developer in Information Technology field including system planning, and development of large mainframe legacy systems (CICS, DB2, VSAM, SQL, IDMS, COBOL) in the financial support area; including GL and Cash Management.
Twenty years as a programmer, systems engineer as an Independent consultant working in Florida and the New England area. Designing and maintaining legacy systems for companies such as NCCI; Aetna Insurance; Connecticut Mutual, Otis Elevator and General Electric.
Master of Science (MS), Quality Systems Management
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) with honors