Electro-Mechanic/Technical Writer, Confidential, San Diego, CA.
June 2008 – October 2010
- Compiling expert on-hands experience with the maintenance, repair, and overhaul of the fleet of three separate classes of LRV, especially the microprocessor controlled electro-hydraulic brake system and the digital train control unit computers on the two most recent classes of LRV.
- Source data amalgamation, investigation, analysis, modeling and library archiving for the revision, and verification of step-by-step instructions and troubleshooting guides for operation, overhaul, repair, and software manuals used in existing light rail vehicle (LRV) applications (especially Knorr Brake Components) and the preparation involved in authoring new operating procedures for a future iteration LRV's commision.
- Knowledge, experience, and ability to not only meticulously document, but actually perform and verify repairs to mechanical, electrical, and digital devices.
- MS Office suite, MS Visio, Adobe suite, SIBAS 16/32/64 and similar proprietary software for LRV operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Cross platform capable (Unix, Mac, MS)
Technical Writer, Confidential,, San Diego, CA.
August 2006 – June 2008
- Authoring of step-by-step instructions and troubleshooting guides for software creation to drive and test controls systems and for the software to design hydro-mechanical, enclosure, and ancillary equipment for turbomachinery.
- Compilation of illustrated parts catalogs
- Concise and accurate documentation/editing in HTML, XML, and hard copy.
- Style guide and template design
- Interaction and collaboration with electrical, mechanical, manufacturing, and software engineers
- PTC suite (Arbortext, Windchill, Pro/E), Livelink, CADDS, IDA, Lotus Notes. Various Unix Scripts and checks.
Technical Writer, Confidential, Westminster, MD.
January 2002– November 2005.
- Development and revision of equipment repair and maintenance manual suites for several transit authorities
- Authoring of parts catalogs, system descriptions, and software manuals for several different products
- Reliability engineering
- Tracking and maintenance of archive library databases
- Efficient and effective research strategies
- Navigation of contractually specified style guides
- Corel WordPerfect, CADIM, SAP, PRMS, Framemaker
BA, English with a Writing Concentration
Effective Technical Writing Seminar