Summary of Qualifications
Data Processing Professional with over 20 years experience in IBM mainframe batch and online environments. Experience includes applications development, programming, systems analysis and implementation utilizing COBOL, CICS, VSAM, ASSEMBLER, DB2 and JCL. Application experience is mainly financial with medical, insurance, banking, payroll, accounting and Y2K.
LANGUAGES: COBOL, BAL, CICS Macro/Command, Direct:Connect, JCL, DB2, CLISTS. SYSTEMS: IBM mainframes, MVS, Z/os, TSO/ISPF, DOS/VSE, JAVA, XML, Unix.
Confidential,Jacksonville, Florida May 2012 – October 2012
- Continuous Net Settlement, Bank Settlement, Prime Broker, development of Extended Settlement software. CICS, COBOL, DB2 Stored Procedures, SQL, NDM, FTP.
Confidential,Tampa, Florida January 2012 – May 2012
- Heathcare & insurance, provider and policy administration software. CICS, COBOL, DB2 Stored Procedures, SQL, XML,NDM, FTP.
Confidential,Florida May 2011 – January 2012
- Criminal Justice Information System. Design software to facilitate interfacing between
the Sheriff\'s Office, Clerk of the Circuit Court, State Attorney, Public Defenders and the
Board of County Commissioners. Lead a team of 4 programmers, converting the system from
mainframe to web-based. CICS, COBOL, Datacomm, Java, XML, NDM, FTP.
Confidential,Tampa, Florida March 2010 – August 2010
- Global Funds Control. (GFC). Financial applications. Worked in risk analysis of wholesale transactions, to be completed or declined by the bank; 800,000 transactions per day, for about 1 trillion dollars per day. Bank interfaces with DTCC. Documentation and maintenance programming. COBOL, CICS, Assembler, DB2, NDM.
Confidential,New Jersey May 2008 – December 2008
- Production Support, CARMS group (accounts receivable). Technical & functional specifications, documentation and maintenance programming. IBM mainframe environment. COBOL, CICS, DB2, IMS, VSAM, REXX, InSync, Librarian, Assembler, JAVA, XML, NDM, FTP, heavy SDLC.
Confidential,Florida March 2008 – May 2008
- Benefits Group, Interface Analyst. Technical & functional specifications & documentation for conversion of COBOL to SAP. IBM mainframe environment. Also Microfocus COBOL.
Confidential,Florida September 2007 – January 2008.
- Production Support, Warehouse Group. Maintain and develop supermarket warehousing applications. IBM mainframe MVS/Z/os, CICS, COBOL, DB2, JAVA environment. Also Unix with Informix database.
Confidential,TX (remote dial-in) March 2007 – August 2007.
- GCPS Group. Maintain and develop Base 2000 Credit Card processing system and TBS Bank Card processing system for Commonwealth Bank of Australia. IBM mainframe MVS/Z/os, CICS, COBOL, VSAM, Endevor, Intertest environment.
Confidential,FL August 2006 – February 2007.
- Billing Applications Group. Develop mobile phone billing applications using COBOL programs and REXX EXECS, on the mainframe using NDM, MicroFocus COBOL on the servers and VBScript for FTP applications on the PCs. Designed a new system to generate skeleton JCL to NDM thousands of billing files throughout the system and to our clients. Designed a similar system to FTP hundreds of billing files from PCs to the mainframe. IBM mainframe MVS/Z/os, COBOL, VSAM, LAN and DB2 environment.
Confidential,FL May 2006 – June 2006
- Developed and maintained software for warehousing, supply chain, distribution, warranty, etc. Wrote new Warehousing system. LAN, Linux, COBOL, JAVA environment.
Confidential,FL December 2004 – May 2006
- Custody Group. Developed and maintained Custody software to hold and handle huge block trading, taxes, accounting, etc., for all of our worldwide institutional clients securities (stocks, bonds, reits, etc.) through our Wall Street bank and our branches worldwide. Developed new IDC stock pricing & reporting database system. Interfaced Custody Systems with DTCC. IBM mainframe MVS/Z/os, Assembler, COBOL, CICS, VSAM and DB2 environment.
Confidential,FL September 2003 – November 2004
- Authorization Group. Maintained and developed Base 2000 Credit Card processing system and TBS Bank Card processing system for authorization of online card transactions, as soon as they entered the system. Had individual responsibility for converting/retrofitting the latest Base 2000 program release for the Authorization Group. IBM mainframe MVS/Z/os, assembler, CICS, COBOL, VSAM, DB2, Endevor, Expediter environment.
Confidential,February 2002 – September 2003
- Involved in Internet gaming development. Took board games from this company and developed electronic versions, to be sold over the Internet. Developed a company website with HTML, through which to sell these games. Worked on Client server integrated solution with Microsoft applications: VB6, Word, XML, Excel, Access, JAVA, etc.
EDUCATION: Bachelors - Computer Science.