- More than four years of experience in Quality Assurance and testing of Client Server , Web based and Windows based applications
- Expertise in both Manual & Automated testing
- Good understanding of SDLC & Test Techniques from project definition to post-deployment
- Proficiency in designing and developing strategic test plans, test cases, test scripts, test reports for both manual and automated tests
- Experience in performing data integrity tests by developing complex SQL queries
- Well versed in White box testing, Black box testing, Functional, Integration, Regression, cross browser and System testing
- Experience in tracking defects using defect tracking tool TechExcel DevTrack, Test Track Pro Bugzilla and HP Quality Center 9.0
- Test automation using Mercury tools- HP Quick Test Professional for web applications
- Experience working in a strong team/work environment, and have the ability to adapt to new technologies and situations with ease
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with Leadership qualities
- Languages: C, HTML, Java, C#.Net, Unix/Linux
- Database: RDBMS, Oracle, MS SQL, MS Access
- Packages: MS Office
- Testing Tools: HP Quick Test Pro 9.0, TechExcel DevTrack, Test Track Pro
- Test processes: White Box Testing, Unit, Functional, Black Box, System, Integration, Regression, UI testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Defect Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center 9.0, Test Director and Bugzilla
- Subversion control : Tortoise SVN
1/11 – 2/12 Confidential,Manchester Center, VT
White Box Test Engineer
Ai Squared has been a leader in the assistive technology field for over 20 years dedicated to providing accessibility solutions for all low vision computer users
- Assisting with the daily merging, building, testing and debugging activities of our engineers
- Worked a lot on white box testing for testing ZoomText 10/11
- Used Tortoise SVN for version controlling.
- Analyzed specification documents and followed Manual testing for testing the application and reported bugs in a timely manner
- Handled testing for offshore Ukraine developer’s team.
- Developed a C# application and automated comparing 2 or more branches and reporting the conflicts through email.
- Worked closely with Engineers for debugging the issues for the stable builds and elevating the quality of our software.
- Verified many test cases and issued new defects/opened existing closed defects.
- Used Test Track Pro issue tracking tool for reporting bugs and participated in weekly updates with VP
- Help overall to improve the quality and stability of ZoomText 10/11
- Involved in doing a lot of Adhoc testing and regression testing
9/09 – 7/10 Confidential,Chesapeake, VA
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets worldwide.
- Worked in a software development life cycle environment performing software coding and development using Visual Studio C# for the windows and web applications
- Worked closely with SME’s, Business Analysts and Project Managers to discuss and collect business requirements
- Tested the applications, wrote the Test Plan and Test Cases based on the business requirements upgrading and downgrading new builds, writing SQL queries and performed data base testing
- Tested the application using HP Quick Test Pro 9, wrote test scripts using HP Quick Test Pro 9.0 and reported bugs using TechExcel DevTrack bug tracking tool and participated in everyday scrum meetings involving day to day progress.
12/08 – 8/09 Confidential,New York, NY
Software QA Engineer
Deutsche Bank is a leading global provider of financial solutions. The project was to develop an Online Trading System for the client.
- Analyzed business requirements and formulated them, worked closely with SME’s, Business Analysts and Project Managers to discuss business requirements
- Wrote the Test Plan and Test Cases based on the business requirements. Defined Test cases for functional, Navigational and Regression testing as per the requirements, & performed cross browser functionality testing for IE6 and Firefox reported defects
- Performed Manual testing for functional and non-functional tests on the applications, wrote SQL queries to perform data base tests, involved in bug scrub meetings
- Participated in everyday scrum meetings involving day to day progress, performed functional and regression testing tracking status of defects.
- Interacted with developers for Debugging, re-testing and closing fixed defects in a timely manner, and performed User Acceptance testing.
1/08 – 12/08 Confidential,Austin, TX
Tk20 provides Campus Tools HigherEd –complete solution for assessment and reporting at colleges and universities.
- Analyzed business requirements, formulated them, and created of tutorials for customers- Manual testing
- Coordinated testing with offshore team, prepared test case documents with or without the requirements document, executed tests cases and reported the test results
- Documented the defects in Bugzilla and assigned them to the development team, performed functional and regression testing and wrote SQL queries to perform data base tests
- Involved in bug scrub meetings, tracking status of defects. Interacted with developers for Debugging, re-testing and closing fixed defects in a timely manner and preparation of Defect Reports.
8/06 – 12/07 Confidential,ODU, Norfolk
- Responsibilities include teaching, proctoring, grading and assigning home works for Under Graduates, Graduate and PhD’s for 400, 500, 600 level.
- The course work includes Computer Networks (TCP/IP), Operating systems, UNIX programming/Shell Scripting, Web programming, Data Bases.
8/06 – 12/07 Confidential,ODU, Norfolk
- Responsibilities include designing, developing and maintaining web pages using, ODU Web edit and HTML.
- MS in Computer Science
- Trained by QA Training Specialists for Manual Testing
- Trained by QA Training Specialists for HP Quality Center 9.0
- Trained by QA Training Specialists for HP Quick Test Pro 9.0