SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Over 10 years of expertise in IT industry with over 5 years as an ETL developer using IBM Websphere DataStage (versions 8.5/8.1/8.0/7.5).
- Experience as ERP Financials Consultant for IT, business, and finance industries.
- Experience in SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT METHODOLOGY (SDM)
- Experience in Business process management (BPM)
- Proficient experience in designing and developing jobs using DataStage Designer, DataStage Manager, and DataStage Director on Server Engines for sectors such as Health Care, Finance and banking.
- Worked with business managers to ensure smooth transition from the "as is" to the "to be" business operating environment (Transformation).
- Expert in using Parallel Extender, developing Parallel jobs using stages, which includes Aggregator, Join, Transformer, Sort, Merge, Filter and Lookup and profound knowledge of the SCD and CDC stages.
- Proficient in using highly scalable parallel processing infrastructure using Datastage Enterprise Edition, and using DataStage Manager to import metadata, and create new data elements.
- Extensive expertise in working with Data Warehouses as well as Oracle 11g/10g/9i, MS Access, MS SQL Server, and DB2 Databases.
- Expert at studying the data dependencies using metadata of DataStage and preparing job sequences for the existing jobs to facilitate scheduling of multiple jobs.
- Strong expertise of DataStage plugin stages like Oracle Call Interface stage (OCI), and Open Database Connector (ODBC), and involved in various stages of software development life cycle.
- Used DataStage manager proficiently for importing metadata from repository, new job categories and creating new data elements.
- Profound experience of the Quality Stage for Data validations and Data Cleansing.
- Seasoned expert on PL/SQL concepts like Stored Procedures and Functions and also highly skilled in writing technical specification documents and translating user requirements to technical specifications.
- In-depth project management experience working with clients, business partners, and end users.
- Develop and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) of information technology projects.
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure (Servers, Network, Storage) and outsourcing services
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Finance Solution, account payable (AP), Account receivable (AR), General Ledger (GL), Fixed Assets, Workflow, Payroll, Human Resource (HR), Procurement and Inventory Management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Outlook, Louts, Mango, Last Pass, Drop Box, Word, Excel and Visio.
- Product: IBM DataStage 8.5/8.1/8.0/7.5, IBM Information Server 8.1, IBM Information Analyzer 8.1, Microsoft-Project, SQL Server, Visio, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Programming Languages: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, , VISUAL BASIC
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 Windows 2003 Server UNIX and VMS
- Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science.
Confidential,MI, Jan 10 –Present
Data Stage Developer
A pioneer Healthcare company. The main aim of the Aggregate Spend Integration project was to integrate all the expenditures from various sources and combine into a single accessible database.
- Used various sourced and designed and developed jobs in order to facilitate the integration process of the expenditures.
- Analyzed reports made by business user to extract data to effectively integrate expenditures from various sources.
- Developed number of staging jobs to load the data into target table, created number of complex jobs in the life cycle and also was involved in migration, error management, reporting, and data quality issues.
- Worked with widely used stages like Flat File, Lookup, Join, Pivot, Transformer, Sort, Aggregator, Merge, Row Generator, and Column Generator and also troubleshooted the designed jobs and tested the jobs for all logical errors.
- Evaluated the Data extraction from source to confirm for data irregularities and classify corrupt data to apply suitable transformation in the mappings in the jobs.
- Used diverse partitioning methods like Auto, Hash, Same, Entire etc. and were also involved in preparation of Test Cases concerned with Unit testing, System testing to check data reliability.
- Used Datastage to load data from Oracle, DB2 and Flat Files, also developed SQL scripts to supplement the ETL process and to verify on final target data and developed PL/SQL programs and Unix Scripts.
- Involved in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL process) from Source to target systems using Data stage.
- Broadly involved in data modeling support for many strategic application development projects and planned and developed Business application.
- Worked extensively with sequencer jobs stages such as job activity stage and terminator activity stage to run various parallel jobs.
Environment: IBM DataStage 8.5 (Designer, Director, Administrator), Oracle 10g/9i, UNIX, Shell Scripting, Erwin 7.0, TOAD, PL/SQL, Autosys, MS Access.
Confidential,Fort Worth, TX Aug 2008 – Jan 2010
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
Our team was involved in Design, Development and Implementation of Integrated Data Store [IDS] and Historical Data Store [HDS] which contained data pertaining to Automobile Insurance with Policy, Quote, Claims and Receivables as dimensions.
- Designed DataStage jobs for the extraction, transformation and loading of data into the IDS and HDS Data warehouses.
- Identified source systems, their connectivity, the related tables and fields and ensured that data was appropriate for mapping.
- Generated Surrogate ID’s for the dimensions in the fact table for indexing and faster access of data.
- Used Stage Variables, Transforms, Subroutines of DataStage Jobs.
- Worked with parallel job message handler for demoting or removing warning messages from the job log.
- Imported and exported repositories across different servers using DataStage Manager.
- Participated in Design and implementation of Star and Snowflake schemas.
- Worked with offshore teams dealing with production requirements.
- Improved job performance by gathering the performance statistics of the jobs in the production server using DataStage Director.
- Extensively used the Sequential File stage, Complex Flat File Stage, Hashed File Stage, Modify, DataSet, Filter, Funnel, Join, Lookup, Merge, Copy, Aggregator, and Change Capture during ETL development.
- Simplified the existing transformer logic in the jobs to make them perform better.
- Worked on different partitioning methods (Round Robin, Entire, Hash by Field, Modulus and Range) and collection methods (Round Robin, Order and Sort Merge) in processing sequential data.
- Participated in the review of Technical, Business Transformation Requirements Documentation.
- Trouble-shoot the designed jobs using the DataStage Debugger.
- Created job sequences and job schedules to automate the ETL process using Autosys.
- Worked with DataStages Teradata connector, Teradata Enterprise and Teradata Multiload.
- Documented the changes made to the jobs, the comparative performances of the old and new jobs and the test plan that was used to test the jobs.
- Monitored and resolved the ticketing issues that arouse during the implementation of the jobs.
- Used UNIX shell scripts and commands to run the jobs.
IBM Info Sphere DataStage 8.1: Designer, Director, Administrator, Information Analyzer, Windows XP, UNIX, Oracle 10g, SQL *Plus, Teradata, Toad, ODBC, DB2, Autosys, Erwin 4.5.2.
- Confidential,IL May, 2007 – Aug 2008
DataStage ETL Analyst
- Designed/wrote the tech specs (Source-Target mappings) for the ETL mappings along with the Unit Test scripts.
- Involved in migration of DataStage projects and jobs from earlier versions to IBM Infosphere 8.0.1 version.
- Used AutoSys to schedule jobs and e-mailed the status of ETL jobs to operations team daily.
- Used IBM Infosphere Federation Server to incorporate data from multiple data sources into reports and analytics with a single query.
- Used Director Client to validate, run, schedule and monitor the jobs that are run by IBM Infosphere DataStage server.
- Used DataStage Designer to develop parallel jobs to extract, cleanse, transform, integrate and load data into Data Warehouse.
- Used DataStage Director to schedule, monitor and analyze DataStage jobs.
- Developed jobs in Ascential Parallel Extender PX using different stages like Transformer, Aggregator, Lookup, Join, Merge, Modify, Remove Duplicate, Oracle Stage, Sort, Peek, Row Generator, Column Generator, Sequential File and Data Set.
- Designed DataStage sequences to specify Job execution order.
- Loaded data into staging area and then into Data Marts.
- Worked as a Datastage administrator to perform routine administrative roles.
- Imported and exported Repositories across DataStage projects using DataStage Manager
- Unit tested DataStage Jobs in development including creating the appropriate test data.
IBM Infosphere 8.0.1(Latest version of DataStage), Ascential DataStage7.5.2, Erwin, Oracle11g, DB2 ,PL/SQL, Toad, Solaris and Windows XP, AutoSys
- Confidential,NJ Oct 2005 – May 2007
- DataStage Developer
New Jersey Department of Labor tries to build up relationship to foster safer and more healthful American workplaces. This Data Warehousing project involved designing, developing, testing and implementing complex mappings and workflows using the DataStage in order to facilitate the client and network partner details like health report distribution office wise, state wise and country wide. It also provides advance warning about seasonal diseases that depends upon various parameters. The basic purpose is to provide the business intelligence to Department of Labor decision-makers on their tips/clicks, interactively.
DataStage 5.0, Windows NT 4.0, Linux, Oracle 8i, UNIX, SQL Server 2000, Sequential files, MS Access, XML files.
- Managed the DataStage repository using DataStage Manager.
- Suggested various changes in the physical model to support the business requirements.
- Developed server jobs to load the data from flat files, text files, tag text files and MS SQL.
- Set various parameters in DataStage Administrator for performance tuning.
- Used DataStage Designer to develop various jobs.
- Utilized shared containers for code reusability and for implementing the predefined business logic.
- Created and scheduled the job sequences by checking job dependencies.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries.
- Performed Unit Testing to check the validity of the data at each stage.
- Used DataStage Director to debug the jobs and to view the error log to check for errors.
- Implemented best practices in the development environment (code standards, code migration).
- Wrote PL/SQL stored procedures, functions and packages and triggers to implement business rules into the application.