SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Result-driven Quality Assurance professional with solid knowledge in manual and automated software testing and extensive experience in software development methodologies including both Agile (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and Waterfall models.
- Proven expertise in test design, test development, and QA of cost-effective enterprise level application systems, middleware, and web solutions that exceed client\'s business requirements and expectations.
- Successfully completed set of software testing projects for Broadcasting and Media, Content Management (CMS), E-Commerce and Printing, Manufacture and Packaging domains.
- Proven experience using test management and defect tracking systems such as HP Quality Center (ALM), Jira, Bugzilla.
- Hands on expertise with test automation tools such as HPQTP (Functional Tester) 10/11 and Selenium.
- Proven expertise in creation and maintenance of Hybrid QTP framework (combination of Data Driven and Keyword Driven automation approaches).
- Experience using QTP VBScript utilizing both static and dynamic descriptive programming.
- Experience in performance of Build Validation and Verification, Positive and Negative, Boundary Values Analysis, Equivalent Classes partitioning, Smoke (Sanity), Functional, Integration, System, Regression, Ad-hoc (Exploratory), Cross–Browser, User Interface and User Acceptance tests.
- Proficient in multiplatform (Windows. Linux, MacOS) and cross browser testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera) as well as Mobile testing on different devices (Android, iOS, Windows Phone).
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle as well as Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Solid SQL skills, can write complex SQL queries; functions, triggers and stored procedures for Backend testing and End-2-End testing.
- Self- driven and self-motivated person with great communication and presentation skills.
- Comfortable working as a member of integrated team as well as independently.
Test Process Tools: HP QuickTest Pro, HP Quality Center, Selenium, Jira, Bugzilla
SD Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban
Architecture: OOP, client server, web based and mobile applications
Databases: MS SQL Server, My SQL
Infrastructure: SVN, TWiki, XMLSpy, PerlDesk
Operating Systems Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, Linux/Unix, Mac OS
Software and Tools: Dreamweaver, Adobe CS5, Team Foundation Server (TFS), MS Visio
Sr. Automation Tester Confidential, Nov, 11 – present
As a Senior QA Engineer, performed software testing and quality assurance of company’s Axis application, a real time cloud to ground graphics application working under Agile (Scrum) software development environment.
- Took a leading role in test automation and manual testing, actively involved in creation of detailed test plans test cases and test scenarios for different application modules according to functional requirements and business specifications.
- Responsible for conducting smoke, functional, UI, regression and ad-hock testing of Axis cloud based online TV graphic applications built using Flash and Flex.
- As a member of the Scrum team participated in daily standup meetings, project status meetings as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews.
- Utilized HP Functional Test Suite (HP QuickTest Pro, HP Quality Center) for test automation.
- Tested Axis Content Management System (CMS) including user roles, workflows, and privileges.
- Identified, analyzed, and documented defects utilizing Team Foundation Server as defect tracking system.
- Worked closely with Development team, BA and QA teams as well as Stakeholders and members of Management.
- Took an active role in static testing activities such as design review and requirements inspections to identify ambiguity and inconsistency in requirements as well as improve UI\\UX Design of company software products.
- Responsible for defect tracking, defect reporting and defect reproducing.
- Tested applications compatibility on different platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS), browser versions(IE,Firefox, Safari and Chrome) and Mobile Devices (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
- Developed complex SQL queries during End-to-End testing stage.
- Created tractability matrices, test and bug reports and other test related documents.
- Involved in system integration and user acceptance testing (UAT) on later stages of SDLC.
- Lead initiative for proper detailed documentation of QA reports.
Environment: HP QTP, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Flash, WordPress CMS, XML, HTML, Java, SQL, Ajax, Agile, Scrum
Automation Tester Confidential, Jan, 09 – Nov, 11
As a QA Analyst engaged in development, testing, and integration of company’s web based application systems. Responsible for an in house testing and integration in an Agile development environment.
- Took a leading role in functional and integration testing of web-based E-Commerce web portal with back-end custom applications used for consumer and wholesale business accounting & company’s manufacturing systems.
- Responsible for conducting smoke, functional, UI, regression testing as well as ad-hock testing of client’s web application.
- Utilized HP functional test suite (HP QuickTest Pro, HP Quality Center) for test automation.
- Worked as a liaison between business team and development team, translated business specifications and requirements into functional test cases; worked closely with the development team both onside and off shore on analysis & design to meet business requirements and site roll out
- Worked directly with cross-department management members to educate, train, and aid in integration and roll out of applications.
- Tested applications compatibility on different browser versions(IE,Firefox, Safari and Chrome) across multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS) and Mobile Devices (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
- Utilized HP Quality Center (HP QC) as a bug tracking system.
- Engaged in testing of project related specifications and requirements for completeness and correctness during early phases of SDLC.
Environment: HP QTP (HP QuickTest Pro), HP QC (HP Quality Center),SQL, .NET, XML, HTML, PHP, Agile, Scrum
Software Test Engineer Confidential, Jan, 07 – Jan, 09
As a Software Test Engineer, responsible for software quality assurance of e-Commerce web based printing application for National Accounts and their agents utilizing Waterfall development process.
- Responsible for manual testing and test automation of web based printing application and in-house digital printing software using Selenium IDE.
- Took a leading role in both static testing of functional requirements and business specifications of the projects as well as performed dynamic smoke, functional and regression testing.
- Tested functionality of e-Commerce web application including but not limited to: shopping cars, purchase orders and transactions.
- Created, designed and executed test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test reports.
- Performed smoke, functional and regression testing on QA, SIT, UAT and PROD environments.
- Provided weekly status report to project manager and team lead, worked closely with BA and development teams.
- Parlayed previous design experience in the development of UI Design of application using Java, MS SQL Server and Dreamviewer.
- Utilized Jira as defect tracking tool on the project.
Environment: Jira, Selenium IDE, Java, MS SQL Server, Dreamviewer, CS3, Adobe Photoshop, Waterfall
EDUCATION: BS Computer Information Technology.