Career Goal: Staff Auditor, Staff Accountant
Bright, motivated recent graduate of a Top-10 Accounting Curriculum, and CPA candidate with advanced Microsoft Access and Excel skills and experience with XBRL, Audit Command Language (ACL) software, PPC’s Practice Aids, Intuit Quickbooks, Peachtree and various other business software applications. Also familiar with SEC financial reporting guidelines and strategies to facilitate a smooth IPO and reverse-merger process.
Confidential - Bloomington
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Currently pursuing CPA license in the state of California as well as a part-time MBA program.
Confidential, Los Angeles, Ca
Recruited directly out of college by the managing director to oversee the day-to-day operations of financial statement audits.
- Develop audit planning documents, draft audit planning memo, and research client’s industry to develop expectations.
- Perform audit procedures on cash, accounts receivable, inventory, prepaid expenses, PP&E, accounts payable, notes payable, deferred revenue, related party payables, common stock, additional paid-in capital, cash/stock dividends retained earnings, revenue/sales, cost of goods sold, and expenses.
- Perform audit procedures on foreign currency transactions, Black-Scholes Option Pricing Model valuations.
- Perform fieldwork on-site to assess internal control environment and perform detailed tests of transactions.
- Assemble workpapers to conform to the standards set by the governing body of public company audits, the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB).
- Assess whether client’s financials are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States, are not materially misstated, and are not a result of fraudulent activity.
- Interface with corporate level officers as well as staff to maintain a professional, positive audit experience.
Confidential — Kokomo, IN
Accounting Intern (part-time; concurrent with high school/college studies)
Reported directly to the corporate controller and Chief Operating Officer for a company that maintained cemeteries throughout the Midwest, selling pre-need funeral arrangements, and investing deferred revenue to provide a hedge against inflation.
- Uncovered $500,000 in savings as a result of a massive project to re-assess the cost of inventory.
- Oversaw internal controls over the Accounts Payable process resulting in zero adjustments by external auditors at year-end.
- Developed an automated accounts payable process using a Microsoft Access database to save an estimated $50,000 annually.
- Implemented an on-site check processing system for all 25 locations.
- Performed monthly bank reconciliations, accounts receivable reconciliations.