Versatile, results-oriented professional with proven success in building relationships and aligning human resource practices to strategically align with the organizational goals. Proven ability to influence change and communicate effectively among all levels of the organization. Experience in industrial, healthcare, and education settings with solid experience in a Union labor environment. Areas of expertise are:
- Strategic/Thought Leadership
- Employee Relations
- Performance Management
- Legal Compliance
- Labor Relations
- Change Management
- Policy Development
Confidential, Denton, TX January 2009 - present
Human Resources Generalist
Business partner with 10 colleges and departments supporting over 650 staff members. Active leader in the execution of a Consultation Model approach to HR. Updated processes and provided tools in order to streamline and enhance employment practices. Built close relationships with Department Chairs, Deans, and Vice Presidents in order to recommend strategic changes within their department such as organizational changes and communication strategies. Supervisory responsibilities for Administrative Assistant and 6 student employees.
- Provide consultation with departments to assess and provide management with recommendation in all areas of HR including employment, performance management, compensation, policy and procedure interpretation, and organizational structure.
- Work closely with Managers on employee relations concerns, facilitate investigations, and recommend corrective actions.
- Research and analyze position placement within the Career Band within departments.
- Classify positions and reclassify current positions within Career Band based on duties/responsibilities in order to ensure proper placement and equity.
- Collaborate with departments to identify, develop, and facilitate training based on departmental needs.
- Facilitate training University-wide.
- Worked on special projects including coordination of HR Generalist meetings, developed an interview toolkit for College of Visuals Arts & Design, developed and administered an HR needs survey, and created and delivered a Lunch & Learn on how to better utilize PeopleAdmin as a tool in the pre-screen process for the HR Team.
Confidential, Chelsea, MI September 2006 - January 2009
Human Resource Manager
Responsible for managing and executing HR service delivery for over 500 SEIU Union/Non Union employees at both our Detroit and Chelsea, MI locations. Supervisory responsibilities for HR and Payroll Assistant. Managed all aspects of HR to include recruitment and staffing, employee relations, worker's compensation, training and development, and organizational structure. Partnered with Operations and Nursing Management to open communication lines with staff and implement change initiatives to include policy development, recruiting/retention efforts, leave of absence management, and employee relations.
- Worked to improve employee morale through the development of employee recognition events and activities including annual employee picnic, Take Your Child to Work Day, individual department recognition events, and annual employee service recognition dinner.
- Consult with Management and implement recruiting tactics for difficult to fill Nursing vacancies.
- Provide guidance to Leadership Team and Manager's regarding HR Policies, legal compliance, change management, and training/development.
- Conduct needs analysis to determine retention opportunities and implement change.
- Partnered with Executive leaders to develop strategic vision for HR including the development of Employee Brand, competency development, and behavioral-based interviewing. All components would lead to the development of our Onboarding initiative.
- Implementation and regular upgrades of Kronos HR and Timekeeping System including the automation of application tracking process and attendance tracking.
- Monitor and manage all aspects of worker's compensation and health and safety as well as review monthly statistics with Leadership Team and recommend corrective action.
- Coordination and administration of Benefits Programs including changing current fringe benefits and health benefits to meet the needs of our changing workforce.
- Chair for Union grievance hearings and developed strategic plans to reconcile outstanding grievances.
Confidential, Romulus, MI March 2004 - September 2006
Human Resource Specialist
Provided hands-on HR Generalist support for over 500 UAW employees and partnered with the Operations and Production Team to implement HR policy changes and cultural changes within the Facility.
- Responsible for administration of benefit programs including health, dental, COBRA, vacation, short term disability, LOA's, FMLA and employee assistance for 500 employee UAW plant.
- Consulted with Operations team and the Union to resolve employee relations issues and implement/enhance communication programs.
- Succession planning and organizational development for salary staff.
- Handle first and second stage of grievance process.
- Respond to EEOC, NLRB, and Civil Rights charges. Interact with agencies as well as legal counsel.
- Assist and prepare documents for 2005 Contract Negotiations.
- Verification of employment for hourly employees; maintain all employee personnel data.
- Council/advice management of employee disciplinary process and attendance tracking.
- Recruited production, material and maintenance Supervisors for contract and salary positions.
- Maintain hourly employee file system; assisted with new hire orientation, secured all necessary employment information including I-9 forms
- Administer Safety Incentive Program and plant-level health and safety programs; coordinate all health and safety-related training including tracking all employee training data for audit purposes.
- Responsible for monthly newsletter publication.
- Manage all aspects of workers' compensation.
- Member of Working and Core Group for ISO 14001.
- Responsible for OSHA recording and posting requirements.
- Lead plant Safety Committed and provide corrective actions for all plant accidents.
- Significant involvement in Lean manufacturing and Affirmative Action Plans.
Confidential,MI 2001 - March 2004
Human Resource Coordinator
Provided hands-on HR and Health and Safety support for over 500 UAW employees. Managed all aspects of environmental, health and safety program for 2 manufacturing facilities including accident reporting/investigation, safety training, and worker's compensation resulting in an injury reduction of 61%.
- Partnered with Senior Leadership to develop policies and practices that aligned with Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Developed/maintained all applicable corporate and regulatory safety and health compliance programs; maintained all OSHA and corporate safety manuals.
- Facilitated/advised management and union/management committees/meetings, resulting in improved union/management relations.
- Performed quarterly QS9000 and ISO 14001 internal audits; managed ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
Environmental, Health and Safety Intern
Responsible for developing and administering health and safety training for staff and Manager's.
Confidential,, Auburn Hills, MI
Hazardous Materials Control Specialist
Managed the data entry and tracking process of Material Safety Data Sheets for the Corporation.
BS, Industrial Health and Safety
Proficient in MS Office Applications, PeopleSoft, and Kronos
Human Resource Generalist Certification Courses, American Society of Employers
Member; American Society of Employers