Operating Systems - Windows 7/Vista/XP/NT/2000/98/95
Applications - MS Office Suite; MS Visio, CA Unicenter APM, CA ITAM, CA ITCM, SAP, Ariba E-Request, BART, MAXIMO, BMC Remedy, MediSoft Advanced Patient Account, Peachtree, QuickBooks, Adobe Connect Pro, Lotus Notes, Revivalink, Ecin, Edischarge, Bloomberg, HEAT, Altiris, Jira, and Bugzilla.
Confidential, New York, NY 02/2011 - Present
Purchasing Specialist / / IT Asset Management Specialist
Serve as the point person for maintaining vendor relationships, purchasing and tracking corporate assets, and consistently improving related processes.
- Conduct vendor research, equipment sourcing, bidding, and documentation to determine best sources and obtain fair market value for all purchases. Review solicitations, proposals and other terms and conditions of procurement. Negotiate pricing and payment structure based on assets and other services delivered by vendors.
- Develop relationships with vendors to ensure that all aspects of the purchase to payment process are maintained. Perform license and software inventory based on corporate requirements.
- Establish, maintain, audit, and report on process and procedures for purchasing and tracking hardware and software IT assets, furniture, as well as general goods and services. Maintain knowledge of all organizational rules affecting purchases and analyze requisitions for accuracy, accounting information, and compliance with company policy. Advise management of provisions and restrictions on agreements including equipment leases, software licenses and maintenance contracts.
- Identify and implement opportunities to streamline IT processes and reduce cost while maintaining service levels.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports detailing department spending, savings, internal buying trends and projections. Complete requisitions, process invoices, prepare cost justifications and resolve billing discrepancies.
- Coordinate with satellite offices to reorganize and prepare corporate assets for redeployment.
- Execute daily requests via CA Unicenter APM, CA ITAM, CA ITCM, and SAP based on client requirements and enforce adherence to proper policy when necessary to ensure consistent delivery of services to enterprise.
- Stay current with latest technology, product lines, industry trends and best practices to meet evolving business needs.
Confidential, New York, NY 01/2010 - 02/2011
Senior Purchasing Specialist
Essential role in the integration between Bank of America and Merrill Lynch ensuring a smooth transition between companies and systems.
- Oversaw integration between request systems, making sure that all parties involved understand new standards and procedures. This included training Merrill Lynch employees on new Bank of America systems. Worked simultaneously between MAXIMO and Remedy during transition.
- Maintained vendor relationships generating significant savings for all hardware and software used. Reevaluated current inventory, redeployed unused hardware to maximize cost savings.
- Assessed requests based upon client needs ensuring proper procedures were followed and enforced creating a comprehensive environment that extends to all departments.
- Maintained current knowledge of software, hardware changes and planning changes appropriate in response to business needs. Collected information for budgeting, software compliance and inventory for development of management reporting.
- Oversaw team projects which included department moves between offices and reorganization of departments. Made certain of seamless transitions while ensuring maximum productivity.
- Other responsibilities included but were not limited to creating purchase orders, ensured preferred pricing and standard lined products.
Intake Administrative Manager
Acted as a liaison between internal departments ensuring optimal productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Interviewed and hired qualified individuals; identified and monitored their ongoing training needs. Provided direction and guidance for staff to ensure employees were achieving customer satisfaction through effective communication, problem solving, professional phone etiquette and efficient processes. Monitored and recorded individual and team productivity and performance, established goals and provided feedback and coaching to staff.
- Responded to escalated customer inquiries and tracked issues, identified trends and recommended improvements. Utilized proprietary system application to track, update, and monitor patient status.
- Provided office-based support to Assessment Nurses in the field. Created and managed daily Assessment Nurses' schedules and implemented adjustments accordingly to ensure adequate staffing levels that support operational demands and business objectives.
Confidential, New York, NY 12/2006 - 03/2009
- Managed vendor relationships to sustain, manage, update and retire equipment leases, software licenses, and maintenance agreements and ensure proper adherence to the applicable terms and conditions. Managed and tracked software licenses, reviewed and managed IT resource volume and expenditure purchase agreements.
- Managed database of vendors and other sources of procurement, developed requests for information, quotations, proposals and invitations to bids from and interviews of potential suppliers. Evaluated solicitations, proposals, bids, costs and other terms and conditions of procurement. Negotiated and finalized terms and conditions of relevant documentation to insure consistency with current industry and market standards of quality, cost, compliance and other factors.
- Acted as a liaison between accounting department and vendor community regarding invoices, deliveries, credits and other correspondence related to receipt and payment for equipment and services. Communicated to personnel the requirements and constraints in equipment leases, software licenses and maintenance agreements such as usage restrictions, terms of operation and renewal, and return conditions.
- Work environment utilized Altiris, Jira, and Bugzilla to monitor inventory and client requests. Responsible for training employees on such systems. Training was completed via several methods such as phone, webinar and in person, one on one and in group settings.
- Carried out Asset Tracking procedures from beginning to end which included logging new assets and determining end of life to ensure maximum savings and cost effectiveness.
Confidential, New York, NY 07/2003 - 11/2006
Desktop Support Specialist
Managed resource team dedicated to providing excellent service delivery and availability. Provided technical support services to over 500 users in various locations. Answered questions and resolved computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location. Handled troubleshooting of hardware and software problems, assisted users with desktop applications and provides user training. Obtained hardware/software quotes, investigated, summarized and processed purchase requisition forms. Managed the allocation of Desktop issues, the prioritization process, change management, quality assurance and administration processes.
Confidential, New York, NY 09/2002 - 07/2003
Eligibility Specialist, Level II
Responsible for the determination and verification of initial and continuing eligibility for Medicaid. Ensured compliance with well-defined procedures of the Human Resources Administration.
Confidential, New York, NY 11/2001 - 03/2002
Help Desk Analyst
Assisted staff in Corporate Office and remote locations with technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology via telephone support.
Confidential, New York, NY 06/2000 - 11/2001
Desktop Support Specialist
Provided immediate technical assistance to more than 1,500 users on site and remote locations.
B.S., Information Systems and Technology Management